What can be done?

Babethoven

Grandmaster
Just curious to hear about ideas from our community as diverse and distant as most of us are..... -_-
maybe we can all take a page out of each others books, as much as heh... majority of us hate each other theres that slight chance we can reach out to a ACTUAL new person rather than some poor basterd trying to act like a new person and help them out, word of mouth is a motherfucker so the small shit you may do for a new guy MAY attract more people down the line.....

what can we do as a whole to keep people playing? to keep people interested, rekindle the flame everyone once had their first days in starting to play Ultima Online many years ago

Of course greifing is part of the game yada yada yada, but are we really doing all, what we can to attract/keep people coming from other shards or people who just play the game differently than us here????

Idk about you guys, but UOF is the fucking Alamo for the majority of the people I associate with, if this shard fails we are probably done with Ultima Online, so with that said... whats some of the issues/bullshit on your guys minds, also where can we go from there, to fix it? correct it?

Its summer time, yeh thats cool, I understand I been alot less active during the days due to actually enjoying my summer and playing mostly during the nights but seriously..... idocs are falling at an alarming rate, since being here damn near almost 550 days old now, Have never seen this cycle of idocs falling without the revolving door of new people coming in to buy up, place houses.

in conclusion... we shouldn't have to rely on staff for each and everything in the fucking game, let them do their jobs... to get shit done, be a helpful player once in a while to people not in guilds, running solo, quit the fuckin res killing of kids in despise or covetous, grow some hair on yo nuts and come to shame 5, deceit 4, cove 4, champs, or even join factions.... let the young players develop... as i said word of mouth is a motherfucker in game and outside the game so let them noobs be

WE GOTZ TO DO BETTER

Last edited by a moderator:

TriXa

Grandmaster
I think first good way would be to improve the Content Updates,
Like stuff
Mib books,
Better Bodbooks,
Reworking Bod System
House Teleporter
Rare System
New Tameables

Babethoven

Grandmaster
heavily agree

-chance of a different hue ostard such as the wolfs which i honestly don't think its a horrible idea

- new stealables

-random timers locations on stealables, tameables etc etc ( this is what kept my attention to the first shards i ever played ) the excitment of actually leaving town, checking multiple dungeons daily, hunting/killing of the chance to come across something rare, rather than leaving a ghost or character hidden while u multi client..... people do that enough with idocs, reward the people that are actually out there enjoying the gameplay of UO

-somehow implement new drops off the balrons.... ice white sandals/sash are obtainable from fucking bods.... plz do something new for that type of shit :\

- new bod cloths, or even just the slight chance of .1 or ANYTHING for new hues down the road....

- new woods, each different wood would do.... fire damage, ice damage, energy damage, something.... :\

- in game auction, limit 1-2 items per account

- i still stick with my idea of the powerscroll turn in stone... turn in useless powerscrolls, accumulate powerscroll coins to save up and turn in for a random powerscroll..... u pos's that disagree -_-

- instead of monster of the month, just have like 3-4 new mini boss monsters thats on a random timer, random location and can have a chance to drop shit.... 0.1 chance to drop hue ___ or some shit idk, im just trying to come up with shit thats going to have people excited about roaming the world. rather than do the same shit each and every day

- a monster statue for EVERY monster in game would be nice :) [shrink [add >_>

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
better programs for people completely new to UO. Also with a focus on PVP. I feel as if many people start UO, get in touch with the - lets say "softer" - players on UOF and then quit once they experience how cruel UO can be.

Dellan

Grandmaster
They will come back.. UO is like this. Might take them some damn long time, but they will come back. Once you start with UO, there's no turning back, you're screwed for life (in a good way).

Babethoven

Grandmaster
pvp events is what we need, ctf like but....almost similar to the system of KINGS/QUEENS of towns, factions is nice and fun here...but if you throw in the mix of being a citizen of a specific town, it'll cause more interaction to stand up for your town against others, IMO it would spark alot more of these "softer" player base to band together, work together and make progress in the pvp depo

with the addition of the public UOF mumble/vent server whatever it is, anything is possible to stand up/band together against a certain group to fight for what you want in game..... from what i can call out and see... alot of you loners, sidekicks, and small guilds need to put your egos aside and work as one to accomplish and reward yourself rather than taking loses daily :\

Dellan

Grandmaster
That is good idea.. They have Mayors of towns on this, ah, how is it called.. uuuuh... That word which makes all Felucca lovers tremble with hate.. original server, yea, with that.. I can't let this word out.

On the other hand, I'd love hardcore UOF - Siege rules (without awful GGS system I mean, normal skill training)

K A Z

Grandmaster
the best way to attract players and then keeping them is to keep things simple. UO is already a hard to learn game as is, don't overcomplicate things.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
i'd vote for a system like that, we have a very creative staff here and i wouldnt even mind if the king/queen/mayor couldnt profit for being the leader of a town, its just all about trying to throw ideas out there to improve all of our game plays

Malkraven

Grandmaster
haha first off i dont hate anyone ingame even Baracoon i mean i talk shit to certain people every time i see them but is no hate its all good fun.

Secondly i have to agree with Babethoven & Trixa rares/stealables and tameables (preferably not in horrid hues) The market for this sort of stuff is almost non existent atm and a good chunk of pvm/trammies returning to UOF would help all sides.

OBV pvp will always be at the core of UO but a good population of pvm/pvp is essential.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
agreed, as much drama whatever people have with us in power, we don't hate anyone.... its UO gold for us when people talk trash, its a big part of why we keep playing this game ^^

i agree, no new hues for the ostards... just add in the ostard colors as the same ones that the wolf spawns have :) who wouldnt want a PW yoshi ;X...or..... *dies* ice blue yoshi !!!!!!!!!!!

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Hello!

I just wanted to point out that most players who join UO have a decent understanding about mmorpg's. But this is by far the most intuitive and customizable system. In order to learn, you must be willing to listen and well, do a lot of research. Whether or not the player choose to stay or leave, I think majority has to do with the community. The forums are always being flooded with negativity and I think most players would agree, trolled beyond belief. But I get that its all part of the fun and sport of the game. Gotta grow a pair of "Pets Balls" ya know?

Most of my young status and beyond starting this game I did a lot of reading on the forums, asking noob questions majority of the time out of game. Creating the game plan for my characters and how I would fit in. I've given a few plots and homes to young players and the only thing keeping them from leaving is if you have communication. Either by inviting to guild or checking up on them every so often. After a awhile though, you kind of zone out in game and forget the times playing alone and learning EVERYTHING. You start to develop a sort of alter ego side while in game that griefing, pvp, pking are all part of that character. It is real easy to ignore players and only focus on the favored ones vs a noob running in a dungeon. I am not saying life in UO should be all sunshine and rainbows but more like cops and robbers analogy.

Great post @Babethoven, I think you are heading in the right direction with this and we will see where it goes!! As for the rest of us, see you all in game NOT griefing...JK >.<

Kael

Master
I love the CTF events. Half the time I am semi logged in just hoping one pops up. It would be cool if we could commit to a straight hour or two for this every week or twice a week. Even break down and add an hour of "server going down" time every Friday night at a set time. Rekindle those Brit graveyard server wars here and with the the aim is just have fun and fight, no fears of lost gear, stat time whatever.

asics

Grandmaster
there are a lot of things that i tryed to "
heavily agree

-chance of a different hue ostard such as the wolfs which i honestly don't think its a horrible idea

- new stealables

-random timers locations on stealables, tameables etc etc ( this is what kept my attention to the first shards i ever played ) the excitment of actually leaving town, checking multiple dungeons daily, hunting/killing of the chance to come across something rare, rather than leaving a ghost or character hidden while u multi client..... people do that enough with idocs, reward the people that are actually out there enjoying the gameplay of UO

-somehow implement new drops off the balrons.... ice white sandals/sash are obtainable from fucking bods.... plz do something new for that type of shit :\

- new bod cloths, or even just the slight chance of .1 or ANYTHING for new hues down the road....

- new woods, each different wood would do.... fire damage, ice damage, energy damage, something.... :\

- in game auction, limit 1-2 items per account

- i still stick with my idea of the powerscroll turn in stone... turn in useless powerscrolls, accumulate powerscroll coins to save up and turn in for a random powerscroll..... u pos's that disagree -_-

- instead of monster of the month, just have like 3-4 new mini boss monsters thats on a random timer, random location and can have a chance to drop shit.... 0.1 chance to drop hue ___ or some shit idk, im just trying to come up with shit thats going to have people excited about roaming the world. rather than do the same shit each and every day

- a monster statue for EVERY monster in game would be nice :) [shrink [add >_>

most of this things..are the same i always..try to suggest..but everyone have his idea and maybe devs have to focus resource and times on other aspects.. btw i like that you too, after some months.., are agree at almost everything i always asked..when i said this like 1 year ago, probably your reply was: go another server if you dont like here eheh..

make ppl interested is one of the most hard things :)

asics

Grandmaster
the best way to attract players and then keeping them is to keep things simple. UO is already a hard to learn game as is, don't overcomplicate things.

keep simple yes.

but add "different\hard\high end" target\things to do..for old player..not a critique..but its normal that ppl will get bored to make everyday same thing.. im not talking about who is interested in pvp\faction\wars\duels..but uo is..a great world..composed of all different facet..and we need all the "facet" to be full..to make the world live..

if you kill all the deers..in a savana...lions..dont get any fun..but i dont think lions will think about it..until they dont find anymore deers to hunt..hope you got what i mean :)

ciao!

Violence

Grandmaster
Couldn't agree more about the newbies. Stop shitting all over them. Whether they're new to the game or to the server, give people a chance to get started. The sooner they get themselves established or get a better grasp of the game, the sooner you'll see them out playing with the big boys. If you're rolling deep through the first levels of Despise or Covetous, please DIAF.

Honourable mention goes to Seek, who pretended to act on behalf of a new player and took one of our discarded 18x18 IDOC locations and then sold the plot to a new player for premium price. Such class.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
Couldn't agree more about the newbies. Stop shitting all over them. Whether they're new to the game or to the server, give people a chance to get started. The sooner they get themselves established or get a better grasp of the game, the sooner you'll see them out playing with the big boys. If you're rolling deep through the first levels of Despise or Covetous, please DIAF.

Honourable mention goes to Seek, who pretended to act on behalf of a new player and took one of our discarded 18x18 IDOC locations and then sold the plot to a new player for premium price. Such class.

u did see his pics right? what did u expect?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
lol babethoven you are a wimpy boy irl....ever since you joined power you have developed a fascination with "gaping"...I don't even wanna know what goes on behind those closed doors.

do you mind keeping it in rants?
you're just trying to use babe as a scapegoat anyways, since rants is all about how bad you are these days lol

but honestly if you're going to troll suggestions at least try to troll constructively, young playa

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Just curious to hear about ideas from our community as diverse and distant as most of us are..... -_-
maybe we can all take a page out of each others books, as much as heh... majority of us hate each other theres that slight chance we can reach out to a ACTUAL new person rather than some poor basterd trying to act like a new person and help them out, word of mouth is a motherfucker so the small shit you may do for a new guy MAY attract more people down the line.....

what can we do as a whole to keep people playing? to keep people interested, rekindle the flame everyone once had their first days in starting to play Ultima Online many years ago

Of course greifing is part of the game yada yada yada, but are we really doing all, what we can to attract/keep people coming from other shards or people who just play the game differently than us here????

Idk about you guys, but UOF is the fucking Alamo for the majority of the people I associate with, if this shard fails we are probably done with Ultima Online, so with that said... whats some of the issues/bullshit on your guys minds, also where can we go from there, to fix it? correct it?

Its summer time, yeh thats cool, I understand I been alot less active during the days due to actually enjoying my summer and playing mostly during the nights but seriously..... idocs are falling at an alarming rate, since being here damn near almost 550 days old now, Have never seen this cycle of idocs falling without the revolving door of new people coming in to buy up, place houses.

in conclusion... we shouldn't have to rely on staff for each and everything in the fucking game, let them do their jobs... to get shit done, be a helpful player once in a while to people not in guilds, running solo, quit the fuckin res killing of kids in despise or covetous, grow some hair on yo nuts and come to shame 5, deceit 4, cove 4, champs, or even join factions.... let the young players develop... as i said word of mouth is a motherfucker in game and outside the game so let them noobs be

WE GOTZ TO DO BETTER
lol, you actually hate people from the wizard game?
LOL, hell maybe I will lighten up next time I encounter you and not talk so much bullshit on ya?
Hell I talk some MAJOR shit to certain people, but I do not hate anyone lol. All just good fun to me.

About the rest of the Post, just UO man it's an old ass game. Been like this for years and I don't expect it to change anytime soon. I'm just glad UOF exist it's without a doubt imo gonna be the last UO hoorah, and I hope it lasts FOREVER.