What is considered rare and what is not...

Todd Hiltz

Expert
When I played back in 1997 and on, I remember picking up static rares and then I stumbled upon stealing rares. So now how does one determine what's rare and how rare it is? Has the community cataloged anything yet? I read a post by Shane when they announced that a bunch of rares would now become rare mob drops. I think this was a great decision but now I am wondering if there is a reference any where in which we can determine what is rare and whats not...here are a few pics of items I've looted off mobs. I have no idea if they are considered to be rares and if they are,, how rare are they and what might one be worth?
Thanks in advance to whom ever chimes in on this post.

Attachments

• DanceForMe_6-24_13.29.jpg
    DanceForMe_6-24_13.29.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DanceForMe_6-24_13.29-1.jpg
    DanceForMe_6-24_13.29-1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DanceForMe_6-24_13.30.jpg
    DanceForMe_6-24_13.30.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DanceForMe_6-24_13.30-1.jpg
    DanceForMe_6-24_13.30-1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DanceForMe_6-24_13.30-2.jpg
    DanceForMe_6-24_13.30-2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Kitchen Slave_6-24_13.18 (2).jpg
    Kitchen Slave_6-24_13.18 (2).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 56
Gift box and plant I would say aren't rare. Statues drop on whichever mob you kill, while it rarely happens they are still usually only worth 10k or so. If they are a special hue they are worth more. Not sure about the ratman cloth or mining cart.

Tyllany

Apprentice
The bolt is deco, I've seen other bolts go for 500k-1m(though ratman cloth bolt is not one I've seen recently), suggest you head to yew gate, check all the vendors between gate and bank. You'll find several simaler rares which will give you some average highs and lows. And what is common or uncommon.

Todd Hiltz

Expert
The bolt is deco, I've seen other bolts go for 500k-1m(though ratman cloth bolt is not one I've seen recently), suggest you head to yew gate, check all the vendors between gate and bank. You'll find several simaler rares which will give you some average highs and lows. And what is common or uncommon.
Really appreciate the input, thanks for the reply

The Gronk

Grandmaster
mining cart came from mining cave worth about 75-100k
the bolt of ratman cloth (deco only) was from an invasion a few weeks back, its pretty rare 500k max though
there is a list somewhere of the rares that will drop on mobs nothing i saw above is on the list

Gift box and plant i believe are idoc loot you stumbled upon when killing a mob.

Todd Hiltz

Expert
mining cart came from mining cave worth about 75-100k
the bolt of ratman cloth (deco only) was from an invasion a few weeks back, its pretty rare 500k max though
there is a list somewhere of the rares that will drop on mobs nothing i saw above is on the list

Gift box and plant i believe are idoc loot you stumbled upon when killing a mob.
Great input, thanks for the reply. Know anything about the Asian style fan, says uo fan forever?

The Gronk

Grandmaster
yes actually came from the same event as the bolt of cloth, my buddy got 2 of those. Prob worth 200-500k like the bolt of cloth, i got a bolt of ratman cloth but not the fan. Let me know if you want to sell that..