What kind of armor would you recommend a bard/mage

Ole Bille

Neophyte
Hi.

To questions.

Im considering to play a tailor or a smith but Im wondering if tailor armor is used at all? And Im wondering what kind of armor would be best for a bard/mage since to much armor kills meditation.

Regards.

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
Barbed leather armor should do for it is cheap and provides OK armor, and you won't care to lose it if you get PKd or die in a bad spot...

If you want fancier armor you can get fortification/invul leather or even maybe spined runic leather armor. It will hurt a bit more if you lose it often though so most people use barbed.

All are medable provided they are leather armor and not studded.

Safe travels!

Go barbed leather as the others above have posted, which is a tailoring skill. Barbed leather can be gathered from dragons i believe, and possibly other things, I'm not sure. If you can't find any barbed leather sets there's a great little vendor 1 screen west of trinsic gate that normally has some in stock.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Make fancy blessed clothing! Summoned daemons are your armor and weapon and they are disposable. You don't really need armor if you are a bard Mage. Save the gold for reg when a Zerg of reds roll in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a bard/mage; honestly you could go without the armor if you wanted.
Make fancy blessed clothing! Summoned daemons are your armor and weapon and they are disposable. You don't really need armor if you are a bard Mage. Save the gold for reg when a Zerg of reds roll in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ssshhhhhhhhh!!!!! How am i gonna keep selling 31ar mage armour if you peeps keep giving away secrets??? :p

kurtis

Grandmaster
As long as the armor is non-studded leather, it won't affect your meditation regardless of how much your AR is. I don't know why a bard/mage wouldn't wear at least a GM barbed leather suit with 31 AR. On my bard/mage, I typically wear at least fortification leather.

kolbycrouch

Master
If you can wear slayer armor and mitigate casting damage, do that.

Otherwise, if physical is the only thing you can get a reduction for, just wear no armor.

You shouldn't ever be getting hit by physical attacks.

kurtis

Grandmaster
If you can wear slayer armor and mitigate casting damage, do that.

Otherwise, if physical is the only thing you can get a reduction for, just wear no armor.

You shouldn't ever be getting hit by physical attacks.

I wear it for PK's not mobs. Maybe my connection to the server is slower than most but a good dexxer can interrupt a recall even if I see them right away. Wearing armor helps keep me alive, especially if I decide to fight back. But I like playing around - going to tough spots and testing my luck. Otherwise I get bored :p