Whats the point of a area specificly designed for crafting...

jamison1987

Master
...So AFK macroers get guard patrols now to combat people actually actively playing the game? THANKS GUYS!

I guess I'll just start scripting all my characters and complain on the forums when something goes wrong until they change the game to suit my not being at the keyboard.

I have a 7X GM crafter. I use the Britain crafters guild all the time. I've NEVER had a problem with thieves... why? BECAUSE I DON'T MACRO CRAFTING AFK.
Or maybe because ur the one doing the thieving? Lmao. I know there's more but really I see the same 3 or 4 ppl down there consistently...

"Naked & Fearless. ...and my fear is naked!" - MJK

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Meh, I rarely log my thief on. When I do, I definitely make a run towards the crafting guild. People AFKing creating some things, such as Legendary Containers that sell for 50k and can be stolen when empty are big scores.

That being said, being a thief and a crafter, I know damn well not to sit in there AFK. I think that's the point that needs to be seized upon here. Yeah, the ankh was stupid. I totally agree with that. But making an area specifically devoted to people doing nothing but afk macroing with no consequences seems overboard as well.

You hear the same bitches about people AFKing on the bard table and how difficult it is to GM provo. I say BS. I GM'd provo in a day, and only died once because I was slow on the recall. If you actually have your screen up, paying attention it's quite easy to get the hell out of an area without getting ganked. Just like if you're not AFK it's quite easy to craft slayers in the crafters guild without being thieved or griefed.

I think scripting is a great enhancement to playing the game, but I don't think that scripts should play the game.

Weland

Grandmaster
So now that there are active guards if some one steals from me while I'm crafting they get auto smacked or do I need to still call them out?

Can i make a suggestion that a timer be added that delays a thief getting back into the crafting area, so as to help with this lethal kill death res and go back to loot? I have seen the same thief get guard whacked multiple times in approx 5mins. i think a time delay is needed, because it is ridiculous to see the same thief come back so often in just a few minutes just to get guard whacked, or actually finally pull off the heist after so many deaths where he loses nothing but very little of his time, and the crafter loses a few hours of work in whatever skill it took to gather the material, or the gold it takes to replace that material.

Kilike

Grandmaster
ITT: People afking at the crafter area crying so they can AFK at the crafting area without any sort of concern.
Seriously Why did so many fucking trammies choose this server?

Kilike

Grandmaster
I am so mad (sarcasm* since you seem a little slow)

Haha have you heard of heat of battle? The system has flaws it's true but for the most part it is balanced. A player being able to kill someone Rez instantly and continue griefing with no Risk is not balanced.

seriously though i'm sick of all the thieves trying to throw pity parties every time a change is made that makes it harder for them to abuse broken game mechanics. You guys are op as it is. Just please for the love of God stop acting like kicked puppies.

For the record I don't play a thief (I'll be making one just to piss you off though) but really? You're sick of thieves throwing pity parties? Funny because I all ever see in IRC and these forums is a bunch of trammel **** suckers crying more and more each day.
"Reds can kill me" "I get ganked to often" "I cant craft AFK anywhere but inside my house" "My ***** has sand in it and it's sore"

Seriously all of you trammie fucks just need to leave. PLENTY of pvpers/pks, and people WHO PLAYED DURING THIS era will still craft, will still bring money,gear, and service into this server, and with far less crying.

If you never played in this era prior to this server; you picked the wrong one
If you want trammel and to be safe all the time; you picked the wrong server and the wrong game.

I actually prefer a thief, and haven't honestly dealt with many thieves while at the crafting area due to my choice of training hours. However, i still think a thief should have a punishment for attempting and failing, they have a farther run to go to brit bank rather than that crafting area from guard zones. I sit there and watch my crafter, make sure i switch items when need be and refill ingots as i can since i only carry a max of 500 while im training. Crafters have a penalty for failing, PVP has a penalty for failing, thieves in the crafting area do not really have that penalty since the res spot is so close and easy to run to and back if you just sit a grey/red there, or just use the ankh a little farther up at the graveyard.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I actually prefer a thief, and haven't honestly dealt with many thieves while at the crafting area due to my choice of training hours. However, i still think a thief should have a punishment for attempting and failing, they have a farther run to go to brit bank rather than that crafting area from guard zones. I sit there and watch my crafter, make sure i switch items when need be and refill ingots as i can since i only carry a max of 500 while im training. Crafters have a penalty for failing, PVP has a penalty for failing, thieves in the crafting area do not really have that penalty since the res spot is so close and easy to run to and back if you just sit a grey/red there, or just use the ankh a little farther up at the graveyard.

Removing the ankh that was close makes sense. I'm not against that. I'm against players complaining they cant afk and craft all day. I'm against players forgetting this is UO a game where there is always risk. Making it so thieves cant re enter the craft area for x amount of time doesn't do anything. Moving the crafting doesn't do anything, and if they do(they won't) add the timer to thieves I'll be the first person to exploit the crafters who now think they're a little safer afking all day. PS I don't need stealing to get your stuff. WHICH is what this thread started off as, yet somehow everyone thought thief.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Removing the ankh that was close makes sense. I'm not against that. I'm against players complaining they cant afk and craft all day. I'm against players forgetting this is UO a game where there is always risk. Making it so thieves cant re enter the craft area for x amount of time doesn't do anything. Moving the crafting doesn't do anything, and if they do(they won't) add the timer to thieves I'll be the first person to exploit the crafters who now think they're a little safer afking all day. PS I don't need stealing to get your stuff. WHICH is what this thread started off as, yet somehow everyone thought thief.

Most of the time I'm semi afk. I got 2 accounts crafting and one either mining or lumberjack which I have to be atk on him.

I'm all for thiefs, I protect against them. What I'm not for is thiefs useing exploits to kill crafters afk or atk.
For example..a player casting gate then 2 people throw explo potions at me then enter gate. 2 booms and I'm dead. Stuff like that don't need to happen.
Releasing pets out of guard sight is another but is easily counterable.
If all we had to worry about was thiefs stealing our stuff then all would be good in the crafting guild.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Yeah, honestly its not even fully the thieving, but more so the pet killing/ deadly poison attacks that i have been seeing recently
Yea thats Moselle and Adair. I don't understand how this attack works. I know for me if i attack somebody in town I'm guard wacked before I even make contact much less dp someone. They just tried to get me a little while ago lol
Looks like it could be same person controlling 2 accounts one to reveal one to attack.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Logged my thief on for the first time since these stupid changes and logged him right back off. So now we have the docks, where I can't do anything bad to anybody ever because thieves are scared of fisherman... The bank where hiding is impossible because NPC guards insta-reveal you within 2 screens of the bank because GM thieves/stealthers are incapable of walking past robots undetected... and the Britain crafters guild where robots magically appear and disappear continuously to protect idlebots from the cold harsh realities of AFK scripting.

There's really not a point to a thief anymore. Your armor is already sacrificed to stealth, most likely any combat skills are extremely minimal to account for the fact you need 4 skills just to have a chance to maybe look in someone's pack without getting whacked, and even if you do happen to steal from someone in a dungeon there's the very real possibility that you'll not succeed and criminals cannot get away that easy! so you'll just get your ass handed to you down there for going grey.

With the amount of whines I see in champs about, "OMFG THAT THIEF JUST TOOK MY PS!!! THEY NEED TO FIX THIS!!!" I'm sure it won't be too far away before we have guards patrolling champ spawns to make sure those pesky devils don't have a 1/1000000 chance of actually standing next to a person who gets a random drop and have time to successfully steal the item and get out of the hornets nest past 500 pissed off blues, and yes, still have the chance of not being able to steal successfully and not be able to recall out for 2 minutes.

I suppose the future trolls of this forum will look something like:

Did you know once every 6 hours a random stealable blessed ethy mount appears on the dono-vendors at WBB?

Thievery, the new begging. :(

SpyderBite

Expert
I'm all for thiefs, I protect against them. What I'm not for is thiefs useing exploits to kill crafters afk or atk.
For example..a player casting gate then 2 people throw explo potions at me then enter gate. 2 booms and I'm dead. Stuff like that don't need to happen.
Releasing pets out of guard sight is another but is easily counterable.

You do realize those aren't thieves who are doing either of those examples right? Looting does not equate to Stealing.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
You do realize those aren't thieves who are doing either of those examples right? Looting does not equate to Stealing.

Pretty much my point. The fix on this is to nerf the people actually playing the game. Meanwhile the actual exploit remains unaddressed and the cause of it still remains the same which the admins cannot fix... and that is stupid.

Even with the 'exploit', if you don't macro AFK it doesn't work!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Pretty much my point. The fix on this is to nerf the people actually playing the game. Meanwhile the actual exploit remains unaddressed and the cause of it still remains the same which the admins cannot fix... and that is stupid.

Even with the 'exploit', if you don't macro AFK it doesn't work!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk
Well with all the attention this place is getting now maybe somebody will make a change that will stop the exploits from happening. [emoji1]

Lailoken

Journeyman
I was pretty pissed when I finally made that Elemental Ban bow after about 3k in logs and it got swiped by a stealth thief and there was nothing I could do. Thieves keep telling me to walk a mile in their shoes, so I will. I am building a thief now. So far at 100 hiding and 80 stealth things are pretty damn sweet!!! I can cruise around hidden with plate gorget, plate arms, plate gloves, and chain tunic. I found that I can get those first 10 steps with GM hiding every time so far. But a little more risky to get the next 10 steps. I'm seeing that I only need 10 to really be sneaky.

I'm also making him a disarm thief. So I will want those dexxers to attack me all day long so I can take their weapons. Sure I will die a lot but the bonus is when I do succeed. Plus, I'm looking forward to stealing rares and basically anything not locked down. ;)

The thing about the thieves in the CG area is that there is not much you can do to stop one that is determined to get your loot. Just the way it is.
Yes it so sucks going through hours of gaming to get the wood and sitting there crafting away to make that one sweet item you want only to have it stolen in seconds. i never game AFK, what's the point, it's not gaming at that point. But most people are fat and lazy now day's. Maybe the UOF thieves are as well, hence why they target easy prey. They would get too winded if they actually went anywhere. :D

All I know is that when I'm done building my thief, I'll do my best to do it with style. Maybe just like Galad the Looter. He always made me laugh, even when he stole all my gear and put it on and asked me how he looked! :)
He made his money from not keeping the loot but offering to sell it back to the person.

I think I'll do the same, drop a rune marked "Your Loot" and set up a vendor so folks I steal from can buy back their stuff.
It's all about the gold for a thief anyway isn't it?

I was pretty pissed when I finally made that Elemental Ban bow after about 3k in logs and it got swiped by a stealth thief and there was nothing I could do. Thieves keep telling me to walk a mile in their shoes, so I will. I am building a thief now. So far at 100 hiding and 80 stealth things are pretty damn sweet!!! I can cruise around hidden with plate gorget, plate arms, plate gloves, and chain tunic. I found that I can get those first 10 steps with GM hiding every time so far. But a little more risky to get the next 10 steps. I'm seeing that I only need 10 to really be sneaky.

I'm also making him a disarm thief. So I will want those dexxers to attack me all day long so I can take their weapons. Sure I will die a lot but the bonus is when I do succeed. Plus, I'm looking forward to stealing rares and basically anything not locked down. ;)

The thing about the thieves in the CG area is that there is not much you can do to stop one that is determined to get your loot. Just the way it is.
Yes it so sucks going through hours of gaming to get the wood and sitting there crafting away to make that one sweet item you want only to have it stolen in seconds. i never game AFK, what's the point, it's not gaming at that point. But most people are fat and lazy now day's. Maybe the UOF thieves are as well, hence why they target easy prey. They would get too winded if they actually went anywhere. :D

All I know is that when I'm done building my thief, I'll do my best to do it with style. Maybe just like Galad the Looter. He always made me laugh, even when he stole all my gear and put it on and asked me how he looked! :)
He made his money from not keeping the loot but offering to sell it back to the person.

I think I'll do the same, drop a rune marked "Your Loot" and set up a vendor so folks I steal from can buy back their stuff.
It's all about the gold for a thief anyway isn't it?

See that kind of thief who swipes it first try i can respect. it is the kind who aren't really thiefs but murderers/ exploiters that i want to get rid of. A thief who sits waits and then swipes the best thing u made did his job. a person who runs up lethals you and dies to guards just tog et ressed and run back in is the bs part. Btw i like your loot selling idea

Lailoken

Journeyman
See that kind of thief who swipes it first try i can respect. it is the kind who aren't really thiefs but murderers/ exploiters that i want to get rid of. A thief who sits waits and then swipes the best thing u made did his job. a person who runs up lethals you and dies to guards just tog et ressed and run back in is the bs part. Btw i like your loot selling idea

i hear ya, I was pissed at first but decided that the guy did make a good thief and I was being stupid for not using better caution when in the CG area. I just need a beetle for my bow crafter. It also gave me ideas on building my thief and how to act when I am successful.

It gave me a lot to think about, I'm happy that I didn't get taken via an exploit or through abuse of the game mechanics. That is total chicken shit style playing.

i hear ya, I was pissed at first but decided that the guy did make a good thief and I was being stupid for not using better caution when in the CG area. I just need a beetle for my bow crafter. It also gave me ideas on building my thief and how to act when I am successful.

It gave me a lot to think about, I'm happy that I didn't get taken via an exploit or through abuse of the game mechanics. That is total chicken shit style playing.
Yeah, i played a lot of years on the osi servers, and i mained a thief for about 2-3 years just to learn the trade. i never had to resort to such tactics to make money, i rather run the danger of a disarm thief. I use to bring armor and regs just to make a fun fight of it in case they had a second weapon.