Whats your Favorite UO Memory?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Back in the days of the 2nd age, in Minoc I was peacefully mining away. Then a few murderers burst in through the cave opening. I assume those at the entrance died, or ran but I was in the back of the cave with 15+ other miners.

We panicked ran, but didn't get far before a few blues ran into the cave. Just as we were about to step outside the cave the entrance was blocked off with a stone wall spell. We just braced for death thinking that the blues were to finish the trap, but then the reds were behind us trying to run too.

And all the miners immediately understood.

And as a group we jumped on the reds, pick axes swinging. They never got off another spell. :rolleyes:

Swayze

Grandmaster
Few things I remember:

- Taming a dragon and in the middle of it my parents picked up the phone and I got disconnected. Spent 30+ mins trying with no success and then logged in dead.
- AFK macroing overnight and waking up every hour to check on the progress and make sure I am still connected. Slept right beside my computer.
- I only played on the free shards because my parents wouldn't give me their credit card for the UO official shards. I remember having to edit text files to connect, I felt like a hacker.

That is all I can really think of from my youth.

Being late for school in 5th grade because I accidentally attacked a cougar and couldn't outrun it on my 14.4k modem. I tried to make it back to my house on the south end of Yew but didn't quite make it. It was an epic 10 minute chase.

Or in 6th-7th grade telling people I was a counselor looking to help new players and luring them into my 2 story on ice island, trapping them with locked down boxes (there was no leave house command at the time) and ebolt railing them to death with my friend. We would coordinate this all while talking on our house phones. I'd usually let their ghosts out afterwards, but one time I didn't and logged in 8 hours later to find them still running laps around the house.

halygon

Grandmaster
Being late for school in 5th grade because I accidentally attacked a cougar and couldn't outrun it on my 14.4k modem. I tried to make it back to my house on the south end of Yew but didn't quite make it. It was an epic 10 minute chase.

Or in 6th-7th grade telling people I was a counselor looking to help new players and luring them into my 2 story on ice island, trapping them with locked down boxes (there was no leave house command at the time) and ebolt railing them to death with my friend. We would coordinate this all while talking on our house phones. I'd usually let their ghosts out afterwards, but one time I didn't and logged in 8 hours later to find them still running laps around the house.
Yeah the old house mechanics were pretty weird and easy to abuse.

SpyderBite

Expert
Just a few days after the official launch.. myself and two buddies from beta grabbed a bunch of pots, bandages and weapons and sat outside Trinsic south gate waiting for all the fresh meat to login and make their virgin run to Brit. As soon as the server load started to calm down the quarry flooded on to the road.. Soon the ghosts were everywhere. It was so much fun wondering what kind of foul language was being spewed behind those "OooOOoOo".

Before it was considered "harrasment" I'd place poison fish steaks all over the place at brit bank... I don't think I have to paint a picture of what ensued shortly afterwards. XD

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
I know old thread but the sun has barely come out on the coast yet.

I think one of my most favorite times was pvping in Bucs Den with@Kareem and my best friend Ky... I had just met Kareem a few days before in the Shard TS or Vent at any rate we were running around Killing ppl and then this guy comes on screen and Toss yells run and he is laughing and saying run that guy will kill you. I choose to instead stay and drop the guy. The guy was the fat Kid in CK-6 oh shoot what was Thomas's game name... At any rate we were laughing our asses off and Toss said lets not loot him I am sure he is calling in. I was like"for a 1v1? and we ran and did not loot said pvper.

@Kareem Dude what was that kid's game name ...Does it still make you smile to remember that? I wish I had screen shots. We had some pretty fun-times till you fucking looted my house! and ran away with all the Pies! & Cows too!

Or maybe it was the time we were all out pking because no faction action. and I had the wrong,lol WRONG rune book on my pk and I gated my entire red guild to the top of brit bank...I popped right out and went right back(no guards) and my poor guild all went threw and were murdered...and I could not stop laughing...Major fuck up on my part.. UC was so mad he logged off but everyone else laughed...Oh man Gaymers was sooooo much fun. were you still in my guild at that time @Kareem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maller

Adept
i always love it when I get loot out against impossible odds: like getting raided at the end of a champ and coming back to find a ps and artifact on my body; or the other day when 2 idocs fell right beside one another and eqms had timed it perfectly and ran my guild off at the last minute, as they were stroking themselves after the first on fell, I was able to stealth in and take choice pieces at the second one. and looking forward to making new favorite memories when I get my tinker up to 120 :)

Coorhagen

Grandmaster
Probably not my favorite memory but I remember back in 1998 when I was a complete noob being near the mountains of Destard. I was walking around when I met someone and I said something like "Hi i'm new, do you want to look around together?" and he said something like "naw i'm a murderer" and he preceded to energy bolt me, I ran away as fast as I could but his first energy bolt took over half of my life away. He then got another energybolt off but I got the message "You feel yourself resisting magical energy!" I remember that I hid with the hiding skill under a tree and I turned my volume all the way up because I thought that I would be able to hear his footsteps if he was near by.
I eventually got away safely.

Another earlier memory I have was when I was watching my brother play and he followed some anti PKs into covetous where they found and attacked some PKs and killed them.
Later, my brother was with another group of anti PKs and they attacked the ShadowClan orc fort. I watched in horror as the Orc players completely wiped out the anti PKs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Probably not my favorite memory but I remember back in 1998 when I was a complete noob being near the mountains of Destard. I was walking around when I met someone and I said something like "Hi i'm new, do you want to look around together?" and he said something like "naw i'm a murderer" and he preceded to energy bolt me, I ran away as fast as I could but his first energy bolt took over half of my life away. He then got another energybolt off but I got the message "You feel yourself resisting magical energy!" I remember that I hid with the hiding skill under a tree and I turned my volume all the way up because I thought that I would be able to hear his footsteps if he was near by.
I eventually got away safely.

Another earlier memory I have was when I was watching my brother play and he followed some anti PKs into covetous where they found and attacked some PKs and killed them.
Later, my brother was with another group of anti PKs and they attacked the ShadowClan orc fort. I watched in horror as the Orc players completely wiped out the anti PKs.

Fucking adorable....hear his footsteps **smiles**@ all of our nativity...those days...