where to train lockpicking?

Buc's den thieves guildmaster, first building over the bridge north or northwest from the moongate (just follow the road up), then ask around for some lockpicking boxes to train on, someone will help you out i'm sure :)

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
What level of picking do you need to be before picking locks in dungeons?

I'm at 50 skill (real) and I can pick some chests on level 1 of Covetous or Despise (I assume other level 1 areas), but not others.

What level of picking do you need to be before picking locks in dungeons?

I'm at 50 skill (real) and I can pick some chests on level 1 of Covetous or Despise (I assume other level 1 areas), but not others.
I'm not sure what the breakdown is actually, but at 50 there won't be much you can pick. I was at 47 and walked around covetous and despose for a couple of hours, found a few things I could unlock, didn't even go up a .1, but if you can het your hands on a set of "lockpicking boxes" you should be able to get to 90+ in a few hours. I borrowed a set from a mate and his set capped out at about 92 or so, so now i can go to dangerous places and level my skill :)

SpyderBite

Expert
I've always joined the guild in Buc's Den simply for nostalgic reasons. As for leveling, I too just purchased some gm boxes and popped them to 90.