Why 85 tailoring?

Fattson

Grandmaster
All of the tailors I know run a 120 and then one or two 85s. Why that number? Bods become available shortly after 70.

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
I asked some people I believe to be experts the same when I started out my second one. The advantage with being below GM is shorter cooldowns for BODS, but they still believed it was worth it to GM it.

There are a lot of reasons why. One reason is the timer differences for GM+ Tailors and 99.9 and below. Another reason is that at GM or higher, you get more Large BODs, so you need the Small BODs to fill them which you can no longer get. Your options at this point are to either trade/buy them from other players or to create a new tailor and collect the smalls.

I don't remember what the exact significance was to the skill being at 85.0, but I think that was the magic number where you had a balance of low and high end Small BODs. I could be wrong about this however.

At any rate, with a GM+ Tailor and two low end Tailors, you have more chances at more BODs that you want. If you are looking to fill them, that is. There's a significant need for these BODs, and people who ran vendors dedicated solely to BODs could make significant money from the playerbase. Now that I think about it... I'm sure that's the reason for multiple Tailors. They probably own vendors and need to keep stocked up.

With us having the ability to have two accounts, that's double the income from vendor sales.

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
Does the price of the items you are selling to the NPC have any affect on the level of BOD you receive? (IE if you are selling bone armor instead of skull caps will you get a better chance for a higher level BOD?)