Windows 10 and UOF

Weland

Grandmaster
So do you expect Windows 10 to have any issues with UOF and if so are you as admins going to upgrade for testing purposes once it is released.

Just out of curiosity if UOF has issues with windows 10.....would it keep you from upgrading until the issues is resolved? o_O

Weland

Grandmaster
I never tried windows 8 after hearing all the problems but Windows 10 sounds promising, basically Windows 8 with all the right fixes. So I'll give it a shot since it will be free for a year anyways.

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
i just upgraded to windows 10. my game is now running like its STUPID laggy. I move my mouse and the cursor moves 3 seconds later. My internet runs fast on everything else.

could this be a windows 10 problem or something else?

Mercedies

Grandmaster
I haven't had any problems with 10 and uo......but I will say that it isn't much better than 8.
Way to fucking hype another shitty OS windows.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
Win 7 is the master race.

Just like XP was.

I wouldn't upgrade to 10 unless your graphics card can support the latest dx and the game you're playing can take advantage of it.

I think the performance boosts offered in 10 are decent, but for someone with a really good CPU, you may not even notice them.

Also, live tiles can suck it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderBite

Expert
i just upgraded to windows 10. my game is now running like its STUPID laggy. I move my mouse and the cursor moves 3 seconds later. My internet runs fast on everything else.

could this be a windows 10 problem or something else?

Try rolling back your drivers for your nic and/or wifi. If that doesn't work make sure you have the latest drivers for your network as well as the latest graphics driver. Go directly to the manufacturers websites to obtain the drivers.

halygon

Grandmaster
I am currently using Windows 10 and it works fine (no compatibility modes needed) with UOF Launcher, UOSteam, Sallos, and UO Classic Client.

I didn't see any performance improvements really - I came from Win8 Ultimate. The upgrade process did not even mess with my installed applications.