Windows 8

Orbit

Adept
Any support or planned support? I cant seem to get it to work on my new laptop. Installation file doesn't execute and install properly. Tells me something is corrupt. Rinse, repeat. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Styx

halygon

Grandmaster
I use windows 8.1 pro -- no problems. I downloaded the classic client from uo.com and then downloaded razor from its source site and uosteam from Greeds website. Install them all (no compatibility or whatever is needed) and they work just fine.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Any support or planned support? I cant seem to get it to work on my new laptop. Installation file doesn't execute and install properly. Tells me something is corrupt. Rinse, repeat. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Styx

8.1, If I remember correctly I think I had to disable the antivirus software to get the install to work.......?

Orbit

Adept
I see. im on 8.1 yea. ummm ill try to go grab those individual files then... idk I had redownloaded the file right uof site a few times cause it keeps telling me its corrupt.

I appreciate the assistance boys. ill get it UP and running

Styx

Getty

Novice
Did you ever get this fixed?
Some tips to get outdated applications (UO) to run on newer operating systems:
  • Use compatibility mode
  • Run as administrator
  • Disable the Windows Firewall
If you're still having issues with that, then you may want to post the specific error messages you're seeing for further assistance.

Good luck!