Would 120 ljack skill increase damage in Pvm?

xodustrance

Apprentice
Would 120 lumberjack increase the bonus damage in Pvm? If so, I think I might do that.

This is in comparison to having 100lj.

halygon

Grandmaster
No. It also doesn't help for PvP either.

The advantage of having over GM lumberjacking is not in damage bonuses, but in the fact that when rare wood is introduced (already announced it is in the pipeline), you will be able to harvest said wood types.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
^ is this true? Because the value of a LJ power scroll is pretty much nothing. Especially since new wood is pretty much in the mist. Is there a proven article stating the over 100 LJ doesn't add DMG boost.

halygon

Grandmaster
Doesn't say anything about over 100...
You are right. But it does give the formula:

Lumberjacking / 5 = Damage Bonus
*in the case of GM Lumberjacking, add 10%

Heres another that shows a nice chart of the damage: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php

Take note that the Lumberjacking damage bonus does not go above 100 skill (or 30%).

*Edit: Link didn't show up the first time. I changed the post so that it would.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
I see it. So pretty much lumberjack PS do nothing at all at this point. And are bought for the hope of new wood eventually being introduced. Because honestly that is trash lol.

halygon

Grandmaster
I see it. So pretty much lumberjack PS do nothing at all at this point. And are bought for the hope of new wood eventually being introduced. Because honestly that is trash lol.
That's pretty much it. They were released in advance of the actual changes to lumberjacking to have them in circulation. I believe they had planned on implementing the new wood changes earlier in the year but it keeps getting pushed back.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
Honestly that is poorly done. So I don't understand how people sell/ buy this item at this point for anything. Really wish they would implement the other weapons in this game to have some relevance. Pretty much katanas kryss and war hammer. Occasionally you see war forks. But mostly all people use are those weapons. And then bows.. because crossbows also are irrelevant.

halygon

Grandmaster
Honestly that is poorly done. So I don't understand how people sell/ buy this item at this point for anything. Really wish they would implement the other weapons in this game to have some relevance. Pretty much katanas kryss and war hammer. Occasionally you see war forks. But mostly all people use are those weapons. And then bows.. because crossbows also are irrelevant.
I honestly don't know why LJ PS go for as much as they do. I don't think the overall process was poorly done, only did not go to plan -- but I am just guessing as I don't know what the staff is thinking around these.

I think the weapons are pretty well balanced as they are IMO.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
Okay. And idk if I agree on the weapon balancing. I feel like certain weapons are just tossed. Or not valued like certain weapons. Like a cutlass to a katana. And etc.

halygon

Grandmaster
Okay. And idk if I agree on the weapon balancing. I feel like certain weapons are just tossed. Or not valued like certain weapons. Like a cutlass to a katana. And etc.
Keep in mind that cutlass, longsword, etc all have higher drop rates than the more wanted weapons which means folks need to choose if they want to use this baddass hatchet or use a mediocre katana. Or pay big bucks for a good katana...

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
I guess.. but really its not hard to have 10 or so good katanas or etc. Especially after you have played awhile. Just saying it would be cooler if weapons were implemented in strengths and weaknesses. *more implemented * and yeah I get the drop rates factor but really they're everywhere.