X-Mas Chest Drop Rate (seems terribly low?)

Is it just me or chests are barely dropping?

I must have killed 400? 500? xmas mobs and only received 1 chest.

Anyone else finding it very frustrating?

Maybe staff could adjust it a tad?

@eppy

Its based on hit points. The more that a mob has, the better a chance of a chest.

Then how come every paragon ive killed drop nothing?

I remember a staff member saying this a year back. I was killing 50k hp mobs and still getting nothing, yet was told 50% on such a mob.

Any chance you could spawn a few to test? I.e paragon xmas shadow knights.

Thanks in advance

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
So make a tamer?

And is this the same for motm. I am still unclear if there was ever a change. I have heard no, nothing has been touched in over a year and no from staff.

I mean i get that harder bosses etc give better rewards. And have no qualms there. Either make a tamer or join a large guild.

But its kind of nice knowing random joe shmoe has some chances, as long as he farms hard at getting some drops.

I would say the idoc loot drop change gives random shoe shmoe some better chances at random good drops. So while i am unsure how i feel about that change. Just recognizing it.

And Overall not even complaining. In fact the scaling seems somewhat comparable to real life where the richer and more established you are the more you get.

And in that sense. I applaud this approach as it plays into the nature of what a felucca shard should be. Well minus the safe banking trammel shit.

Cutthroat.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I blame sallos marathon target closest wand gank mage for your misfortune.
Oh fuck lol you done it now he's probably gonna come back with a really mean thing to say that has nothing to do with UO at all whatsoever because that's what u do when ur a whipped *****

But seriously nice burn dood

halv

Grandmaster
Finally, slaying 100 xmas mobs and an angel decoration dropped.
Must be super rare, there isn't any post about angels here.

We added a bunch of new drops, they just are rare.
People want rares, we need to make them rare. These rares are obtainable during only certain months of the year and drop seldomly which makes them really rare.

Congrats!

We've been informed by Eppy that the chest drop rate was infact broken.

And that it has now been fixed to match the halloween ones as of today.

With that being said - angel decorations etc were dropping 10x more than the previous broken chest rate.

halv

Grandmaster
What will happen if i double click this gingerbread cookie? It's gone, right?
What are all this moongate kaleidoscope for we collected? My wife got three only yesterday. Is this an aestethic thing I've seen at WBB?