You find enough poison to spread the infection 2 times

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
So I bought the infected wounds relic recently and noticed that sometimes I get this message:

"You find enough poison to spread the infection 2 times"

But then the monster I'm fighting doesn't get poisoned. It sounds as if this message is supposed to mean that I can poison two monsters at once if they are next to each other, but I haven't ever noticed it happen. Mostly I'm only fighting 1 monster at a time, and every single time I get the message, the poison doesn't apply. Also, it doesn't ever say "Infected wounds: activated" when I see this message either. I *think* I may have gotten both messages at the same time once and I think that time the poison did apply.

I'm using deadly poison, haven't tried with any other levels of poison.

Is this a bug, or what is this message supposed to mean?

Young Star

Grandmaster
It means you can attempt to poison a target 2 times before it uses another potion. I am level 5 I think and get 8-10 "charges".

Young Star

Grandmaster
I got it around the time of the earth eles MOTM so I just looted lesser poison from all the scorpions to always have poison pots on me. That got me through the first couple levels.

Kilike

Grandmaster
does having the poisoning skill increase the chance of poison with the relic, or the damage?
Increases poison strength, and amount of charges. However do not poison your weps, as it overrides the relic poison.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Belge

Grandmaster
One thing to note is, you must have the poison pots in your main backpack; not in a pouch or other bag. Also, Your weapon can't be poisoned otherwise that will override the meta relic poison.

My infected wounds is lvl 8 (i think) I noticed it say I got 16 poisons with 1 pot... which seems to last forever.