A TheFallen suggestion: No more stat loss

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
uoforever lasted for 10 years because it was a shard that promoted PVP(it only died due to corrupt staff)... im not saying PVE isnt important, but this is UO. If people wanted only PVE, they could go play WoW or any of the 100 other MMOs that are PVE based.

Turner13

Grandmaster
Ok if no stat los than how about no looting corpses than too?

See how little sense it makes?

Maybe you haven't taken the time to think about a solution for it yourself and by all means I'm not saying mine is a solution, just an idea, but the way I see it is :

Some of these zerging PvPers just want PvP and aren't really bothered about the 2k gold and random junk on their victims corpse. So by removing statloss above land they'll get more PvP as some of the 'lower quality' Reds / PvPers start to get involved and it'll help to keep the reds busy and out of the dungeons.

Of course the greedy gold-wanting zergs will still be there to ruin PvMers days but that's why we need an incentive for blues to hunt the reds inside dungeons instead of just punishing the reds and sending them packing to other servers. I don't agree that the best solution for this is to punish the reds further . I think the solution is to encourage the blues to hunt the reds by incentives.

@Malkraven came up with a good point in IRC saying that Ettins might have been a bad choice for MoTM 'cus it encourages PK's to go to the newer areas.

Either way I don't want to stop playing like I did when Trammel came out and ruined any sense of excitement.

Streets

Grandmaster
Maybe you haven't taken the time to think about a solution for it yourself and by all means I'm not saying mine is a solution, just an idea, but the way I see it is :

Some of these zerging PvPers just want PvP and aren't really bothered about the 2k gold and random junk on their victims corpse. So by removing statloss above land they'll get more PvP as some of the 'lower quality' Reds / PvPers start to get involved and it'll help to keep the reds busy and out of the dungeons.

Of course the greedy gold-wanting zergs will still be there to ruin PvMers days but that's why we need an incentive for blues to hunt the reds inside dungeons instead of just punishing the reds and sending them packing to other servers. I don't agree that the best solution for this is to punish the reds further . I think the solution is to encourage the blues to hunt the reds by incentives.

@Malkraven came up with a good point in IRC saying that Ettins might have been a bad choice for MoTM 'cus it encourages PK's to go to the newer areas.

Either way I don't want to stop playing like I did when Trammel came out and ruined any sense of excitement.

I can agree with not wanting trammel either!!!!! But we also have factions and order chaos. There is no stat loss (minimal) for that but people don't do it as much because people want to grief murder brag etc over others. The reason why it's ok here is the punishment is a slap on the wrist. It's a joke! If you don't want statloss and really are in it to pvp then faction is your outlet. If you want to pvp to be a murderer "just cause" well then you need to be punnished.

There are pvp events free for all, ctf, king of the hill, factions, duels, etc if you can't have fun doing that and you néed to kill then you need a punishment. The devs and owner here gave everyone a clean outlet to pvp with no stat loss, and to show skill there are options. If you do a negative deed you get a negative consiquence

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I can agree with not wanting trammel either!!!!! But we also have factions and order chaos. There is no stat loss (minimal) for that but people don't do it as much because people want to grief murder brag etc over others. The reason why it's ok here is the punishment is a slap on the wrist. It's a joke! If you don't want statloss and really are in it to pvp then faction is your outlet. If you want to pvp to be a murderer "just cause" well then you need to be punnished.

There are pvp events free for all, ctf, king of the hill, factions, duels, etc if you can't have fun doing that and you néed to kill then you need a punishment. The devs and owner here gave everyone a clean outlet to pvp with no stat loss, and to show skill there are options. If you do a negative deed you get a negative consiquence

No one faction PVPs because they are scared and there are no incentives for them to get over this fear and join the consensual PVP system. As a result, we are forced to scour dungeons looking for PVP.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Take the reds out and you do end up with trammel but of you don't do something about the amount t of reds you end up with how fel ended uo a bare wasteland, the point is a middle ground must be found.

Also you may only pk is certain areas or experienced certain things when you a blue but now a days level 1 of dungeons are combed though by reds and in teams.

I don't want trammel but I don't want a barren waste land eithet. Of anyone played during the trammel felucca era you know this is what happened:

Care bares cried about pks, trammel created. Blues are happy reds don't care as much... weeks later trammel is bustling fellucca has only reds and people that want to pvp. ... some weeks later trammel has so much gold the inflation males prices of common items over priced, while in felucca people are getting bored killing each other...

Months later felucca is barren people are tired of fighting the same people, while trammel is dieing too because players are getting bored there is no longer any risk..

Here we are now look at any official shard it's done...

What we have now is opportunity to either try to correct this cycle or at the very least slow it dramatically. But to do that we need to figure out a balance and do it now... not months from now.

With the holidays coming up people will be on vacation or have more down time cause of the weather we should in theory see an up swing in new people how do you think they will view the server? Will they want to stay? Is it balanced where the most ammount of people will have fun? (You will never please everyone)

Well I believe the misconception is that reds are ruining the shard for other players. I've done a lot of PvM and realize that reds aren't bouncing off the walls of dungeons. Reds are in level 1 despise because Ettins are MoTM. Yes, some newer players are going to get pk'ed as a result but there are a ton of other locations that reds aren't going to be roaming.

Most farming locations aren't frequented by reds. If a blue is complaining about constantly getting PK'd then they are at the WRONG spot. Shame 5 and Despise Titans are a high risk/high reward area and will always see a lot of reds. The other 95% of farming locations a blue will rarely encounter a red. Most reds are going to hit deceit 5, shame 5, despise Titans, Ice Fiends, Fire temple. The lower level dungeons, outdoor spawns, and most other spots are safe. Certain areas in dungeons are supposed to be dangerous though.

I'd wager to guess that certain blues just don't want to face any risk at all when farming. This is not what UO should be though. The claim that reds are ruining the server just isn't the case. Most champ spawns don't get raided, most farming spots are rarely visited by reds. Even if a blue does get pk'd they only lose some gold and regs. They were probably able to farm that spot for hours making bank before they got ganked. They still come out ahead.

A blue dies they lose hardly anything and go back to making bank. A red dies and that char is done for two days. The current system is balanced in a way that blues will come out ahead.

Malkraven

Grandmaster

we do get punished we cant play that char for 2 days

Streets

Grandmaster
No one faction PVPs because they are scared and there are no incentives for them to get over this fear and join the consensual PVP system. As a result, we are forced to scour dungeons looking for PVP.

See as soon as you identify an issue the reason gets changed.. we pk because we want show skill, then somone brings up you have that with factions. Then the resins changes well we don't do factions so we do this. If I give reason about this the reason for pk'ing will change there is no point any more to discussing this.

Maybe we need an event in t2a no statloss there for 1 weekend put some nice Rares to bring home and watch the carnage begin because there is no punishment all that will be in the new lands but the pks... that's what this shard would deteriorate into if they remove statloss all together

Streets

Grandmaster
we do get punished we cant play that char for 2 days

Wow so you play another red you have. Which means zero was acomplished. Now of you had to sit as a ghost or alive but in statloss those 2 hours meaning you had to have 2 days of play time then yes you are at least pitting some effort in

Streets

Grandmaster
I can see this slope getting slippery I can see where this thread is gonna derail gonna jump ship befor then last post on this topic

2 day statloss as is but countdown timer only runs when loged into that character.. done and done

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Wow so you play another red you have. Which means zero was acomplished. Now of you had to sit as a ghost or alive but in statloss those 2 hours meaning you had to have 2 days of play time then yes you are at least pitting some effort in

But people are to lazy to macro up skills again so they will just not play..... you could do as you sugest and have to be logged in to work off stat loss like some other servers do but this would just take place over night while afk

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster

Two day stat loss is sufficient. You either have to devote a lot of chars to being red or get put out of PK'ing for two days. A blue dies and they just spend a fraction of what they earned pvm'ing and get back out there making a ton of gold. Its already too easy for blues and tamers to make a ton of gold. If you are constantly dying to reds then you need to learn how to recall or pick a different farming location. There are only a few spots in the dungeons where reds frequent and these areas are supposed to be dangerous.

It says a lot that you can frequent Khaldun and make a ton of gold without getting pk'd for hours on end. Asking reds to macro isn't a solution. Many players have valuable little game time to play UO and won't waste it macroing when there are a ton of other games to play. Without the reds then UO would be super boring.

As it is now, most champ spawns aren't raided. 95% of farming spots are safe from reds nearly all the time. Blues that do die can get back on their feet with little loss of time or resources. Reds don't pk to make gold off of the poor blues. We pk because the pvp is exciting. PvM'ing is WAY WAY more lucrative.

The blues wanting perma stat loss should take a hard look at UO and ask themselves if they aren't better suited for a PVE game like WoW or any other carebear game out there. Because blues have it easy here, and I say that as someone who has done a lot of PvM.

Right now, you can go to Fire Temple, Khaldun, Cove 5, Destard, and Hyloth and farm for hours and you will probably not see a single red character try to gank you. These are areas that are supposed to be dangerous.

Reds are not running rampant on this server. The only place you will reliably see a red are the high risk/ high reward areas. Champ spawns, MoTM, and higher level dungeons are supposed to be dangerous. That is the way it should be.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I can see this slope getting slippery I can see where this thread is gonna derail gonna jump ship befor then last post on this topic

2 day statloss as is but countdown timer only runs when loged into that character.. done and done

Macro'ing is not a solution. Many players can't leave their computers on all day and nor should they be asked to because macro'ing is too much to ask for a player to simply play their character. Might as well implement Trammel because players aren't going to do this.

smile it's me

Grandmaster
With permament statloss I feel like only the red whiny bitches will stop playing and the REAL reds will remain along with the ones who are really willing to PVP.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
With permament statloss I feel like only the red whiny bitches will stop playing and the REAL reds will remain along with the ones who are really willing to PVP.

Bring on stat loss, I will unite all reds with a common cause: to destroy every blue we see and prevent any blue from farming safely, whether it be a solo blue farming ettins or 20 blues trying to do a champ.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
The whole point of this thread is it is time for a new solution to pk that doesn't involve causing people to log off, zerg, or not pk at all.

Harsher penalties = greater numbers of pk

Its time for something different just increasing the penalty has not worked and will not work. You can make it so char is deleted on death and all you will get is a group of pk who only go after newbs and only when 20 strong.

K A Z

Grandmaster
It's been like this for a while now..

nonono, you don't understand. _all_ reds will unite. Everyone. Instead of 5 POWER, or 5 EQMS, or 5 PCH, itll be 25 reds killing platemail warrior in deceit 1. Because hey, that's nostalgia. Don't forget to add blue healers in to get dat real summer of 97 feeling.

smile it's me

Grandmaster
nonono, you don't understand. _all_ reds will unite. Everyone. Instead of 5 POWER, or 5 EQMS, or 5 PCH, itll be 25 reds killing platemail warrior in deceit 1. Because hey, that's nostalgia. Don't forget to add blue healers in to get dat real summer of 97 feeling.

Great respect u guys have for the health of the shard.