Adding Another Legitimate PvM Class (Parrying)

Fenix

Journeyman
Parrying has always been arguably the best support skill in dexer vs dexer pvp. Its just a wasted 100 pts vs mages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Parrying has always been arguably the best support skill in dexer vs dexer pvp. Its just a wasted 100 pts vs mages

And since mages are pretty common, it's tough to take it over other available skills.

On topic: should parry be made more effective for PvM?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Yes

Since the stam drain of mace fighting is near pointless in PvM, would modifying it to also reduce a monster's defense (only applies to monsters) be a good change? It would take an underused PvP skill and make it a primary PvM option.

Fenix

Journeyman
I think it's a great idea tbh but the trick would be to limit the amount of total AR loss by mob x. If it continuously took AR down to 0 it could get a little OP imo

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I think it's a great idea tbh but the trick would be to limit the amount of total AR loss by mob x. If it continuously took AR down to 0 it could get a little OP imo

Absolutely. It would have to be capped, and have to wear off after a short period of time, forcing the macer to stay engaged on the target.

Thanks for the feedback.

Fenix

Journeyman
Its also on flavor too, if you can break human armor why couldnt you at least break off a few dragon scales after 5-10 hits?

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Its also on flavor too, if you can break human armor why couldnt you at least break off a few dragon scales after 5-10 hits?

Makes a lot of sense. And it would make parry macers a legitimate PvM char, one nearly equal to a bard and below a tamer.

Fenix

Journeyman
Makes a lot of sense. And it would make parry macers a legitimate PvM char, one nearly equal to a bard and below a tamer.

Making it as powerful as a tamer or bard is a little agressive i think. But I've always believed a parry warrior SHOULD be able to tank basically anything in the game with appropriate group healing.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Making it as powerful as a tamer or bard is a little agressive i think. But I've always believed a parry warrior SHOULD be able to tank basically anything in the game with appropriate group healing.

It shouldn't be as powerful as a tamer (nothing should), but it should be able to be a key PvM contributor.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
You know alternatively to this whole concept, if armor rating levels were fixed, it would probably fix this issue altogether.

Kinda silly to have 35 ar be nearly on par with 60ar (in some ways).

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I would probably make another PvM character if these changes went through.
It would be awesome if provokers, tamers and macers were all desired for PvM, and each considered valuable/powerful.

(And to have established PvM groups where a macer would run lore/vet to keep a dragon alive against top tier content, or a provoker run heal/anat to keep a tank macer up.)

It would add a lot to the PvM scene, in my opinion.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
they just need to make mobs that have uberscripted abilitys like insta killing tamed creatures and that have unlimited magic reflect that arent bardable...

K A Z

Grandmaster
with all these suggestions I sometimes wonder if you guys have found any mobs that can't be taken down while eating cheetos and jerking off.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Also with slayer armor parry probably kicks ass PVM. we just have to see how easy the stuff is to come by......

Winstonian

Grandmaster
with all these suggestions I sometimes wonder if you guys have found any mobs that can't be taken down while eating cheetos and jerking off.
That's bullshit. I don't eat cheetos while playing UO.

So you think the current structure of "need a tamer, maybe a provoker, everything else is borderline irrelevant" is good for PvM? If so, fair enough. I don't agree.

K A Z

Grandmaster
That's bullshit. I don't eat cheetos while playing UO.

So you think the current structure of "need a tamer, maybe a provoker, everything else is borderline irrelevant" is good for PvM? If so, fair enough. I don't agree.

My argument is that with the current stupidity of mobs every change is going to make an unchallenging system even easier. First we need more intelligent and more challenging mobs, then we can implent changes to such skills as parry.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
My argument is that with the current stupidity of mobs every change is going to make an unchallenging system even easier. First we need more intelligent and more challenging mobs, then we can implent changes to such skills as parry.
The new PvM options aren't challenging?

K A Z

Grandmaster
The new PvM options aren't challenging?

What do you think is challenging ? Afterall it's just the same old tanking with a Tamer and controlling the spawn with a Bard. In order for new skills to have legitamicity in PVM there would need to be Dungeons that have Pet killers in there, monsters that only take damage from melee Characters.. Stuff like that. Right now those chars would not be used. Why? Because they'd still be U S E L E S S. There is no place for them. Create a place for such templates and then change the skills.