Another FIX TRACKING thread...

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Honestly, someone having to spend zero points... to neutralize someone else's 200 points.. is silly.

If anything, make it a 10% success rate.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Agreed. Should be something like this.

0-20 = 10% (give us 20 shown to start that off)
40 = 20%
60 = 30%
80 = 40%
100 = 50%

All values assumed to be done against 100 hiding/stealth char.

Or something along those lines.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Definitely agree. I don't mind tracking working at low levels (or even 0), except when it works against gm hide/stealth. Hide/stealthers should be much harder to track than non-stealthy builds.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
The big
Definitely agree. I don't mind tracking working at low levels (or even 0), except when it works against gm hide/stealth. Hide/stealthers should be much harder to track than non-stealthy builds.
The Problem is that stealth has no delay for activating, add a skill delay and you can make tracking more difficult, you could also make reveal not 100%. But to have instant stealth 0 tracking is the trade off.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
How about zero tracking works like it does now for people <5 spaces from you?

I see where you are coming from but to be able to track people on your screen with no skill when they have 200 points invested seems like an overcompensation.

I also really like the ruleset for rogueish chars here, and having stealth as a passive skill is a huge part of that.

thechemicals

Apprentice
No player should have the ability to blink out of sight and also be untrackable. Unless this game is adding a new skillcap of 800, tracking should stay as is. Why should players be gimped by having to have gm tracking to find you? Tracking does not reveal you, so your still using 100% of your hide and stealth successfully. I used to be against low ball tracking until i looked at the benefits of having hide versus the benefits of having tracking. Hiding saves your life and tracking does not. If you think otherwise about tracking then, you better bring something to tracking that is worth getting gm for other than chasing you around the game.

iSlayr

Novice
also the 10 steps limit before reusing the skill is in active here. the one who are really hurt by these mechanics are the chars with just hiding.

thechemicals

Apprentice
Oh and by the way, a lot of you complaining about tracking have no idea what your opponents tracking is. I know at least 2 people in my guild who are gm trackers and yes, they actively hunt reds and thieves. A lot of fun that is....all we do is chase you around for 20 minutes till we finally sync kill you.

TriXa

Grandmaster
ok if you start nerfing Tracking then nerf stealth to.. people forget how shitty it is just to move 10 spots and then use skill again.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I think there may be a middle ground between 'blinking out of sight and being untrackable' and nerfing hide/stealth into uselessness...

The issue is still that people use 200 skill points to be able to hide/stealth, but can be tracked by someone with 0 tracking skill which negates stealthing and hiding.

I think decreasing the effectiveness of tracking outside of a small radius would be reasonable. Right now 0 tracking works for like a whole screen, and once someone is tracked you can be over a screen away and continue tracking them.

I think it should be harder to track a gm stealth/hide build unless they are close to you, and you should lose the trail if you do not stay right on them.

Chemicals how does it take multiple people 20 mins to kill a stealther? I've done it on my bard a bunch of times, easily. Track, reveal when they are moving so they are unmounted, attack so they can't rehide, kill them. Stealth builds are typically gimped skill wise as well as being unmounted.

Gore

Adept
I don't want to see another Rel por. Where everyone has fucking hiding/stealth. It kills servers. Be a man and play a better character/template.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Yes I too would like it if people only played templates that I deem manly...what a weird comment.

I agree though, it would be bad to have hide/stealth overpowered. I would like to see some kind of skill investment needed to track as effectively as you can currently with 0 skill. I mean if everyone ran a stealther, wouldn't it make sense to invest in some tracking?

Finch

Apprentice
tracking working at 0 skill is just about as unbalanced as a skill can be. No, tracking is not the only method for locating hiders/stealthers. But, it's the easiest, which is why you should be required to invest skill point in it to use it effectively.

at 0 skill it shouldn't work on anything other than visible players on your screen, as aid to prevent them from successfully running from you.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
lol i call dibs on the next tracking thread guys..
these are always SUCH a riot!!!!1
whats more? my thread promises to include:

*misinformation, such as, tracking works pretty good at 0.0, which, honestly, it does not! (not if you're a 100% success rate type of guy, like me!!!)
*more flexing by gore or possibly members of his crew! you can bet these guys lift, ALOT!!!!111
*''+1'''s and ''likes'' for my OP by newbs who are completely clueless about game mechanics or are new to UO altogether!!!!12

Stay tuned to these forums for more hilarious trolls by wreckognize!!

asics

Grandmaster
that sounds good on paper, not in application. Hiding has huge benefits and Tracking is situational at best. No one has any incentive to get tracking unless they hare doing a specific template.

i think that thechemicals says something true..noone will waste some skill to make gm tracking...so maybe a solution could be that with 0 you can track just few tiles and with 20-30 you can track like now?