Archer Gold Farming

LeoX9

Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'm playing an archer, and I was curious if you guys had any suggestions for nice, profitable ways for me to go farm gold with this character. Any suggestions?

I know some of you will probably say, "make this, or make that", but I really want to farm with this character.

Thanks,

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Make this AND make that. ;)

Honestly, if you have margery, I'd say summon deamons, and kill other deamons in the abyss. You rack up 5k pretty quick along with items, regs, and the occasional map.

lollo

Grandmaster
Get music and provo, a slayer bow and rack 50/60k an hour easily just about anywhere

drasked

Grandmaster
Hey guys,

I'm playing an archer, and I was curious if you guys had any suggestions for nice, profitable ways for me to go farm gold with this character. Any suggestions?

I know some of you will probably say, "make this, or make that", but I really want to farm with this character.

Thanks,

Shoot arrows in the general direction of monsters. I would also advice taking provo so you can make the monsters attack each other while you shoot arrows in their general direction.

LeoX9

Apprentice
impossible to say unless you elaborate on your template... what other skills do you have besides just archery

Right. I should have elaborated in the first place:

Archery 100
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Arms Lore 100
Hiding 100
Resist Spells 65
Healing 100

That is my current skill-set. Which of these skills would be best to drop for Music / Provo?

LeoX9

Apprentice
Shoot arrows in the general direction of monsters. I would also advice taking provo so you can make the monsters attack each other while you shoot arrows in their general direction.

Lol. Thank you for the excellent advice. This whole time I've been shooting at trees :S

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Right. I should have elaborated in the first place:

Archery 100
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Arms Lore 100
Hiding 100
Resist Spells 65
Healing 100

That is my current skill-set. Which of these skills would be best to drop for Music / Provo?

This will result in slow farming.

I run:

100 Archer
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Hiding
100 Music
115 Provo

This is farming EZ mode. You could swap out healing / hiding for Mage / Med too, but that's up to you. I prefer heal / hide.

drasked

Grandmaster
Lol. Thank you for the excellent advice. This whole time I've been shooting at trees :S

So i assume that you are asking what monsters are good to hunt with your specific template.

Archery is pretty much good for anything, as you can damage monsters from outside of their casting range. Combine this with provocation and you are pretty much able to PVE anywhere you please.

I don't understand the use of arms lore in your build, this is only useful if you are going the talisman route.

North-west of Yew moongate there is a great rune library with runes to all the nice PVE spots.

Bulky melee mobs are the easiest, Ogre lords or Arctic Ogre Lords.

If you want something a bit more challenging you can try liches or demons.

Be sure to use slayer bows for the specific mob type you are hunting for maximum effect.

LeoX9

Apprentice
So i assume that you are asking what monsters are good to hunt with your specific template.

Archery is pretty much good for anything, as you can damage monsters from outside of their casting range. Combine this with provocation and you are pretty much able to PVE anywhere you please.

I don't understand the use of arms lore in your build, this is only useful if you are going the talisman route.

North-west of Yew moongate there is a great rune library with runes to all the nice PVE spots.

Bulky melee mobs are the easiest, Ogre lords or Arctic Ogre Lords.

If you want something a bit more challenging you can try liches or demons.

Be sure to use slayer bows for the specific mob type you are hunting for maximum effect.

Thank you very much for the info. I'll have to go check out that rune library.

I do have a question though, how does the Arms Lore / Talisman combination work? I'm not 100% sure how all of that stuff works and the best way to go about using them.

drasked

Grandmaster
Thank you very much for the info. I'll have to go check out that rune library.

I do have a question though, how does the Arms Lore / Talisman combination work? I'm not 100% sure how all of that stuff works and the best way to go about using them.

http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Meta_Talismans

The skill arms lore (only in combination with a talisman) increases your chance to hit (or something along those lines). You might want to search the forum for "arms lore" and see some of the recent discussions about what it exactly does and if it is even worth it.

If you do not have a talisman it does nothing in regards to your offense.

The build Cerebellum posted is pretty much the "go to" PVE build outside of the whole meta stuff (meta stuff takes a lot of gold to get going)

100 Archer
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Music
100 Provo
100 Hiding or 100 Resist

kolbycrouch

Master
100 archery
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 resist - hiding if you have no means of training resist.
100 music
100 provo.

I built this char as my first pvm'r and bought a book marked with all the classic dungeons.

I can clear most of these dungeons with ease, and I can't imagine being too much more efficient at farming unless you do spawns etc.