Archery and throwing pots

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Why cant we throw pots while holding a bow? That shit works with 2 hand weps now. Lets get this fixed, its not like archery is op as it is!!

halygon

Grandmaster
Why cant we throw pots while holding a bow? That shit works with 2 hand weps now. Lets get this fixed, its not like archery is op as it is!!
Originally it was allowed with exp pots but during testing the devs found that the combo was too OP vs all other melee templates. It was decided that archery would be excluded from the 2h alchy throwing.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'd much rather see pots not be able to be thrown with 2-handers the way they were intended.

Fuck it. Leave 2-handed pot throwing in and lets add the ability to poison 2-handers also. Let's go for broke why don't we?

There used to be these things called choices but it looks like we're heading towards have your cake and eat it too country.

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Originally it was allowed with exp pots but during testing the devs found that the combo was too OP vs all other melee templates. It was decided that archery would be excluded from the 2h alchy throwing.

I call bull shit on ur archery and throwing pots op.... How is it more op than fencing/making and throwing with two handed?? Its not, there is no way it can be... When running you cant shoot and if ur not touching you cant swing with melee, throwing pots is the same.. If u clear target to throw a pot, your archery timer starts over... I don't think you know what your talking about..

Kith kannen

Master
I call bull shit on ur archery and throwing pots op.... How is it more op than fencing/making and throwing with two handed?? Its not, there is no way it can be... When running you cant shoot and if ur not touching you cant swing with melee, throwing pots is the same.. If u clear target to throw a pot, your archery timer starts over... I don't think you know what your talking about..
It's all ranged unresistable damage...it was tested and deemed to OP by the Devs...I think archery need SOME kind of buff for PVP I dumped my archer a while back but it is what it is.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
I'd much rather see pots not be able to be thrown with 2-handers the way they were intended.

Fuck it. Leave 2-handed pot throwing in and lets add the ability to poison 2-handers also. Let's go for broke why don't we?

There used to be these things called choices but it looks like we're heading towards have your cake and eat it too country.

why are you complaining on something thats pvp related? go farm some ingots and wood noob

there was 4 of us on the test center testing the 2 handed weapons, nobody bothered to come test it out, was me azria, strandeness and im guessing haly up there and it proved it was a disgusting combo as a scribe archer with alky...... theres a BIG difference in any 2 handed weapon and a bow throwing pots

Capt Cid

Apprentice
why are you complaining on something thats pvp related? go farm some ingots and wood noob

there was 4 of us on the test center testing the 2 handed weapons, nobody bothered to come test it out, was me azria, strandeness and im guessing haly up there and it proved it was a disgusting combo as a scribe archer with alky...... theres a BIG difference in any 2 handed weapon and a bow throwing pots

what was the difference then? Some explanation would be nice other than trash talk. I don't have one miner or one lumberjack/ fletcher. So if your just talking to talk or because you think your tuff save it. Lets discuss the subject at hand and save your ultima online egos for your nerd friends that care.

Kith kannen

Master
what was the difference then? Some explanation would be nice other than trash talk. I don't have one miner or one lumberjack/ fletcher. So if your just talking to talk or because you think your tuff save it. Lets discuss the subject at hand and save your ultima online egos for your nerd friends that care.
I don't think that was aimed for you bud.

Babethoven

Grandmaster

lol you must be straight up blind or either ********, you cant say i quoted blowmeeeeestas posts and not yours? durrr durrr durrrrrrrr

halygon

Grandmaster
I don't know if you've noticed but archery is buffed here. Instead of de-buff archery and allow pots to be thrown with it(which would F up half the PVMers), they just decided to not allow exp pot throwing with bows.

In the end though, it was no players decision as the staff made the ruling on it being too OP.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
We tested it. Since archery differs here from other servers in the fact that the re-swing timer is reset even while running it was simply too strong.

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Once again I want to re-introduce the idea of pot throwing with archery. There is no reason that it would be too overpowered when throwing explo & using archery. When using a vanq war hammer & throwng pots you can get dropped with one blow and one pot. Put it in, if it sucks then take it out. Archery should be slightly more useful in pvp, it is the only other ranged combat aside from magery and throwing purple pots.

Once again I want to re-introduce the idea of pot throwing with archery. There is no reason that it would be too overpowered when throwing explo & using archery. When using a vanq war hammer & throwng pots you can get dropped with one blow and one pot. Put it in, if it sucks then take it out. Archery should be slightly more useful in pvp, it is the only other ranged combat aside from magery and throwing purple pots.

Archery Hits harder than the other 3 combat skills, If you had 3 assholes tossing purple pots and shooting vanq Bows at you would understand why its not implemented in the game.

Archery has no place in PVP. it should be entirely used as a 2ndary skill or for pvm

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Archery Hits harder than the other 3 combat skills, If you had 3 assholes tossing purple pots and shooting vanq Bows at you would understand why its not implemented in the game.

Archery has no place in PVP. it should be entirely used as a 2ndary skill or for pvm
What happens when you have 3 mages sinking drops on a target and throwing pots? What happens when you have 2 macers sinking targets with warhammers? What about 3 poison dexers throwing pots? Sounds like the result is the same.... Does your comment even make sense to yourself? Dont even think you need the pots 3v1... Thanks for taking the time to reply with stupidity! Next!!!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Vanq bow + tactics have been hitting for the weakest hits around. I hit for single digits against barbed leather pretty often.

So maybe archery needs a buff but no two-handed weapons need the ability to throw pots.

aIck

Grandmaster

No.

It was tested and deemed too powerful. Sure, I would've liked it too if Archery got some love, but it seriously though, it would be too overpowered if you give it some thought.

I think that the biggest issue is ranged damage (on the move I might add). Just think about it. How much damage does your everyday melee dexer do when he's not glued on your target's ass? 16-20 per explopot (80-GM Alchemy), and due to the cooldown you'll be able to lob around 2 of those in 10 seconds if less. Pretty underwhelming, eh?
How much damage does an archer do? I dare to estaminate about 20-35 on average per arrow (Sure, AR got changed and bows have had pretty wonky damage at least in the past). How many times you can shoot in 10 second period? Probably twice if not more. Add in that 16-20 damage from explopots.

Did I already mention you don't need to be next to your opponent to deliver this damage? Can you see your enemy? Good, that's all you need. Did I also mention you can virtually keep running the whole time while dishing out this damage? Well, now I have.

What happens when you have 3 mages sinking drops on a target and throwing pots? What happens when you have 2 macers sinking targets with warhammers? What about 3 poison dexers throwing pots? Sounds like the result is the same.... Does your comment even make sense to yourself? Dont even think you need the pots 3v1... Thanks for taking the time to reply with stupidity! Next!!!

Macers need to catch you Mages need to stop and cast archers can hit you from a Distance and a good archer will stay at a distance without you even touching him.

15-20 hp exp pot every 4 seconds.

I dont give a fuck either way , if you want to add Exp Pots to archery I will just play that temp until it gets fixed.

But when people who are much better than you are telling you its very overpowered then maybe you should listen instead of sounding like a spoiled lil vagina who didn't get his way.

But I agree archery needs a special move or maybe a buff to become viable for PVP,

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
What world do you play on in which you can shoot an arrow while you're moving when everybody runs off screen as quickly as possible

There is no fear of any Archer you just run up to them melee them and if they have to run from you they're not shooting while they're running while you're throwing pots
Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388