Archery and throwing pots

What world do you play on in which you can shoot an arrow while you're moving when everybody runs off screen as quickly as possible

There is no fear of any Archer you just run up to them melee them and if they have to run from you they're not shooting while they're running while you're throwing pots
Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Not very hard to figure out where your opponent is heading lol… If they are chasing you, run around till the archer timer is up, stop shoot keep on moving.. If you are running after him just stop when you archer timer is up and shoot. It’s like .5 seconds lol….

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Macers need to catch you Mages need to stop and cast archers can hit you from a Distance and a good archer will stay at a distance without you even touching him.

15-20 hp exp pot every 4 seconds.

I dont give a fuck either way , if you want to add Exp Pots to archery I will just play that temp until it gets fixed.

But when people who are much better than you are telling you its very overpowered then maybe you should listen instead of sounding like a spoiled lil vagina who didn't get his way.

But I agree archery needs a special move or maybe a buff to become viable for PVP,

spoiled little vag... wow... Coming from a character named Calamity. I guess I have to ask for a pass to speak, since your so much better than me. I guess with all your leetness you forgot you cant shoot while moving, oops. I hate seeing pros eat their fuckin words.... Thanks for the pro post from someone who is so familiar with UO. Your right, macers and mages are underpowered compared to the archer, who is feared by all ?!!

Capt Cid

Apprentice
I'd much rather see pots not be able to be thrown with 2-handers the way they were intended.

Fuck it. Leave 2-handed pot throwing in and lets add the ability to poison 2-handers also. Let's go for broke why don't we?

There used to be these things called choices but it looks like we're heading towards have your cake and eat it too country.

You got the right idea, ether add it to archery or take it away from all 2h weps. I don't care which but make it the same all around. Why can you throw it with all the weapons except bows?

halygon

Grandmaster
You got the right idea, ether add it to archery or take it away from all 2h weps. I don't care which but make it the same all around. Why can you throw it with all the weapons except bows?
I think you need to read the first page of this thread -- all is explained.

Vanq bow + tactics have been hitting for the weakest hits around. I hit for single digits against barbed leather pretty often.

So maybe archery needs a buff but no two-handed weapons need the ability to throw pots.

Bromista is right (even though he got a **** buried in his ass/mouth during his prison vacay).

Bows now suck, as do every weapon against ar - even a lowly set of gm barbed ar.

I use to fear gank squads that had 1 or 2 tram archers, cause the damage was brutal and constant. Now i laugh, since the bows damage (along with most other weapons) literally tickle me.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Is all this prison talk stemming from my open container that I got ten years ago and paid a $150 fine for with no community service or license suspension even?

We asked to have our mugshots taken (well I didn't I was fucking out of it) after the officers reduced our UAC's to a slap on the wrist.

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Is all this prison talk stemming from my open container that I got ten years ago and paid a $150 fine for with no community service or license suspension even?

We asked to have our mugshots taken (well I didn't I was fucking out of it) after the officers reduced our UAC's to a slap on the wrist.
Sorry dude that was the gayest story I think I have ever heard. Ether change your pic or make up a different story. That one makes you sound like a spoiled kid.. Please take my picture officer lol..

Capt Cid

Apprentice
I think you need to read the first page of this thread -- all is explained.
I made this post and I read your replies about you were one of the only people testing. We got it, although I never see you out on the PVP side, so I am not sure your test results are accurate.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Sorry dude that was the gayest story I think I have ever heard. Ether change your pic or make up a different story. That one makes you sound like a spoiled kid.. Please take my picture officer lol..
Lol I had a good time, guess that's all that matters.

I didn't know I was in a tough guy stort contest.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Apparently he never did anything stupid as a teenager. Probably hasn't even left Mommy's basement yet tbh

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

halygon

Grandmaster
I made this post and I read your replies about you were one of the only people testing. We got it, although I never see you out on the PVP side, so I am not sure your test results are accurate.
I don't have a character named halygon or an archer(anymore). Why WOULD you see me in the field pvping as an archer?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I guess if I wanted a story worthy of the UOF forums I should have fucked up big time to go to federal fuck-you-in-the-ass prison.

Until then I'll just stick to being a ***** I reckon.

halygon

Grandmaster
Dude I don't see you in the field at all.... What about that? I don't hide my character name!
What about that? Quit trolling like your buddy Raged there. If you ever did see me in the field it's probably on the edge of your screen as you run away.

You have no damn clue who my characters are except the two I posted for Raged's benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Halygon, everyone knows that you can only play on the char with the same name as your forum handle and if your chars aren't listed the they MUST all share similar names as to avoid confusion any time they are seen in the field.

I'm 14 chars deep (just about finished training once my 90 scribe is GM I will be officially done) but very few know who my alts are hence my reputation as a Trammy. I have two tamers, a fisher, a crafter, 3 dexers, and 7 PvP mages (I only have one duplicate template, each acct has a scribe stun) yet people only know me by my main.

I think it's hilarious. Bring on the "you don't even PvP" accusations everyone! THE TROLL NEEDS HIS FEEDING.

Capt Cid

Apprentice
Halygon, everyone knows that you can only play on the char with the same name as your forum handle and if your chars aren't listed the they MUST all share similar names as to avoid confusion any time they are seen in the field.

I'm 14 chars deep (just about finished training once my 90 scribe is GM I will be officially done) but very few know who my alts are hence my reputation as a Trammy. I have two tamers, a fisher, a crafter, 3 dexers, and 7 PvP mages (I only have one duplicate template, each acct has a scribe stun) yet people only know me by my main.

I think it's hilarious. Bring on the "you don't even PvP" accusations everyone! THE TROLL NEEDS HIS FEEDING.
I don't agree with your trash talk and I do think your minor drinking charge, or whatever, picture is slightly gay. But, at least you do pvp and know the mechanics of the game. I just don't agree with Halygon and his word about archery/throwing pots being op. The fact that he doesn't even play an archer makes me think he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. Bromista, why would you cover for that guy anyway? The only thing he does is post on the forums of every guide and criticize everyone claiming he knows all about UO. What character did I run from Halygon, just give me the one name and I could look for it on the side of my screen I guess. By the way if you knew anything about pvp, you would know that everyone screens, in a game where you can run forever, it is crucial to off screen load up and on screen... Maybe you forgot how to pvp?

halygon

Grandmaster
By the way if you knew anything about pvp, you would know that everyone screens, in a game where you can run forever, it is crucial to off screen load up and on screen... Maybe you forgot how to pvp?
From the sound of it, maybe you never learned? Everyone offscreens? Maybe in your 247 world, but not in mine. IF you offscreen me, I am leaving your ass alone because frankly I don't want to fight against someone too afraid to stay on screen with me 1v1.

And btw, I don't even know who you are in game and have never seen a "Capt Cid". You are no one to me.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Haly is very knowledgeable and PvPs much more than I do, of that I am sure.

I don't agree with him on many things to be perfectly honest but we share a mutual respect for one another. And I think it says something that he doesn't play an archer because he knows what he's doing. PvP + archery has always = lols here.

I don't agree with your trash talk and I do think your minor drinking charge, or whatever, picture is slightly gay. But, at least you do pvp and know the mechanics of the game. I just don't agree with Halygon and his word about archery/throwing pots being op. The fact that he doesn't even play an archer makes me think he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. Bromista, why would you cover for that guy anyway? The only thing he does is post on the forums of every guide and criticize everyone claiming he knows all about UO. What character did I run from Halygon, just give me the one name and I could look for it on the side of my screen I guess. By the way if you knew anything about pvp, you would know that everyone screens, in a game where you can run forever, it is crucial to off screen load up and on screen... Maybe you forgot how to pvp?

But honestly you can't presume to know much about a person based on forum activity. Hell, I could have just fed you a bunch of BS about my gameplay but how could you ever know? Some would say I did, as a matter of fact, because all I know how to do is PvM accordingg to many.

That being said I know that based on his postings Haly is here for the PvP. He has made that pretty clear. But part of the fun of an MMO with as many character options as UOF has is the mystery of playing guess who. Who you play with and who people think you are/aren't are pretty important things in UO. Some of us prefer that mystery.

So it appears we all have mentalities that others don't approve of.