Change IDOC timers back to Random

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
We have started doing more IDOCs as now IDOCs are something other than sit at a house for 4hours and hope it falls before you have to log and go watch game of thrones with your wife.

Since the IDOC change happened, we have seen actual guilds fighting at IDOCs now, instead of of houses falling with no one there at all(because who wants to sit afk at an IDOC for 4hours). Is it that shocking that organized guilds have a slight advantage over someone who is solo who put no effort into timing the greatly? If you put in the effort to time an IDOC and work together with a few friends(like how UO is mean tto be done), you too can be rewarded for your effort and organization.

We've already lost a 2 or 3 IDOCs to other guilds who had more people than us, but you dont see us crying about it? Thats not even to mention the multiple IDOCs where the solo IDOCer has sniped plots from us.

TL,DR: Put in some effort, organize, work together instead of crying for a change that ruined the IDOC scene on UOF compared to every other server.

p.s.

This kid UOFreakk(aka Orcus) is mad at EQMS for other reasons and is now starting multiple threads about EQMS, the butthurt is real.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
This is why I don't include so and so and such and such to my statements. As a system overview I take a look at it and not who is actually doing them.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This is why I don't include so and so and such and such to my statements. As a system overview I take a look at it and not who is actually doing them.

My point is that people who are organized and working together will(and SHOULD) always have an advantage over those who are unorganized or refuse to work with others. This is true of anything in UO(PVP, Faction, IDOCs, Champs, RDAS) and pretty much anything outside of UO as well.

KillaKalan

Master
Coming from a perso. Who has seen maybe 3 idocs and this was more than 8months ago. They are very exciting. I do look at house signs in my area periodically to see if something might be falling soon. And on one occasion i was able to catch a house right when it fell. And i was the only one there so i got a few nice things. On other occasions i have sat by it to see if it would fall soon and seen anl large group show up at the last minute, on the dot, and take everything and kill everyone who wasnt a part of them faster than you could type out idoc. Since then it has not been a fun part of the game. Especially for one who doesn't like pvp, and its not that i am a noob, just not into pvp. Idocs are now pvp events. If it were completely randomized then i would go back to my old hobby of exploring the games forest to see if i could get lucky to find a big house spot where one recently had fallen. In todays game if you arent part of the crowd. There is no point in trying idocs. But in all honesty idocs can double your wealth in a flash, why waste time killing monsters to get rich when you can kill noobs and take other peoples riches. Either way there are tons of fun things today in the game, and this wont stop me from playing. UOF Fo Life! Or until it gets boring ;-)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
@KillaKalan why not join an IDOC guild or start one of your own?

If you're gonna solo, why not time IDOCs so that you too can show up at the right time instead of sitting there for hours semi afk?

God.RG

Grandmaster
IT'S SO EARLY FOR TEARS! static timer = pvp.
you can make millions off of an idoc.. you expect that to just be handed to you?
outsmart the reds. come on a thief. join an idoc guild.. do something besides cry like a ***** on the forums/irc.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
IT'S SO EARLY FOR TEARS! static timer = pvp.
you can make millions off of an idoc.. you expect that to just be handed to you?
outsmart the reds. come on a thief. join an idoc guild.. do something besides cry like a ***** on the forums/irc.

TriXa

Grandmaster
Maybe they cry about champsspawns / rda's to that they cant be done alone..
But for real..
If you are in a big Crew you split the Loot... So you dont get rich without work anyway.
And you can Count the idocs with Millions in it in one Hand.
And mostly these Big Idocs will never fall alone.
So there isnt a Point to Cry about Static Timers and loosing Loot.
If you want to do RDA's you join up.. if you want to do Champs you group up.. If you want to do Idocs Group up. Its soo Easy.
Formyself i can say it was the best Change ever.

Violence

Grandmaster
If you time an IDOC, you can recall in 5 minutes before it's due 3 screens away. Stealth your way in and hopefully place and loot undetected. It takes practice and patience, but this is a great way for a solo start up to get started.

This is a very rewarding and interactive way of playing the game. You know, completely opposite to sitting at a plot for hours doing nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

FAMARA

Grandmaster
yea its pretty gay either join the zerg guild with 30 people at idoc or dont do them simple as that. they say there is pvp. bs. glutt doesnt want pvp. he wants a super advantage over anyone, he doesnt rlly like pvp. he likes loot. and numbers. we all know he likes numbers. as large as eqms is , and still recruiting jesus why not make the whole server trammel and just pretend everyone is in one guild.

Violence

Grandmaster
Except there has been PvP at IDOCs the last few days. Because static timers have encouraged IDOC guilds to form.

If everyone in this thread spent less time crying on the forums and more time networking a group of like minded individuals, there would be even more conflict and distribution of wealth. If we're gonna shit on static timers because one group supposedly dominates them, then lets shit on the guild that supposedly dominates RDAs or the guild that raids champs or... fuck it, why don't we just implement Trammel?

:rolleyes: