Collective Faction Idea Thread

Athrez

Grandmaster
??
what stat bonus giving items exist in factions here? Prey tell, 'zero kills'?

Not stat but arm shrouds. +4 armoured shrouds for 5k silver. And on the other shard everyone fought for the towns and sigils cause everyone wanted to boost their stats with a robe. Brought more players to factions and more pvp.

khajja

Master
I'd like to request a revisit of the requirements to join factions. Requiring 5x GM to join factions seems to have unintended consequences. I imagine this rule was meant to prevent undeveloped characters from factioning, which it does, however it also prevents uoforever builds from participating. I don't believe this is the intended effect. If the rule were adjusted to require 699+ skill total, I believe it would accomplish the same goal without inhibiting uoforever builds.

Thank you for your consideration.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
One way to maybe get more people involved in factions is to make easier and more beneficial for the "not 100 percent pvp guilds" to take part in it.

For instance, Trin has people of all play styles. We have our Guard who do most of the pvping. The guard might would join Factions however, a few things would happen. The entire guild is orange and we don't want our crafters subject to that. So they would have to make their own guild that could not be in our alliance. Doesn't work RP wise and doesn't work game mechanic wise that the two guilds can't communicate. And yes, that's important for close-knit guilds.

If a faction guild could ally with a nonfaction guild I think would make some non-pvp only guilds more apt to make a guild for factions if they could ally. If there were a way that no one but that faction guild got any of the benefits or whatever goes along with factions that would be fine. Just simply allowing them to talk in Alliance chat and remain under one "umbrella" I promise would get more guilds involved.

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
One way to maybe get more people involved in factions is to make easier and more beneficial for the "not 100 percent pvp guilds" to take part in it.

For instance, Trin has people of all play styles. We have our Guard who do most of the pvping. The guard might would join Factions however, a few things would happen. The entire guild is orange and we don't want our crafters subject to that. So they would have to make their own guild that could not be in our alliance. Doesn't work RP wise and doesn't work game mechanic wise that the two guilds can't communicate. And yes, that's important for close-knit guilds.

If a faction guild could ally with a nonfaction guild I think would make some non-pvp only guilds more apt to make a guild for factions if they could ally. If there were a way that no one but that faction guild got any of the benefits or whatever goes along with factions that would be fine. Just simply allowing them to talk in Alliance chat and remain under one "umbrella" I promise would get more guilds involved.

At first read i was turned off from this idea, but i re-read it and honestly it does make allot of sense.

Most of the shards ive played were pure 75-80% pure pvp shards, this is the first one thats the other way around.

I think the only way to increase the pvp is for ideas like this to come into place.

Factions are the most, and have been the most, and will most likely always be the most complex, well developed, unique and desirable pvp system ever created in a MMO, one game came close, Dark Age Of Camelot but it was made by the same people who developed UOs faction system and basically was based off of it.

khajja

Master
eh, DAOC you were still fighting over keeps in either your race's territory or anothers. did you ever try shadowbane? when it was your guild that paid for the walls, the guards, etc, then you were REALLY invested.

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
eh, DAOC you were still fighting over keeps in either your race's territory or anothers. did you ever try shadowbane? when it was your guild that paid for the walls, the guards, etc, then you were REALLY invested.

I did play Shadowbane and wasnt really to impressed.