Events, [Eventscore, and YOU

Bromista

Grandmaster
Events and [eventscore need help.

Pardon my rage, see reply below for actual suggestions.

Last edited:

Bromista

Grandmaster
This server needs help in the fun department.

Let me help with that:

New Battlewell (with new rewards, WHAT?!?!?!)

Battlewell now has tiers and is based on individual contribution (so that you are actually PRESENT when an event starts that you contributed to):

Tier 1: Team Vs Team started at 250k (when TvT is fixed so that there isn't a 15 minute wait to start a match that is over within 2-3 minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME and offers a terrible opportunity for scoring, the winning team should get more than 5 eventscore and players should get more than 5 eventscore for landing a killshot)

Team Vs Team is an embarrassment in its current form. Plain and simple. It needs fixed anyway. Like, rightnow. Staff rarely pops these off anyway, but still. It shouldn't take a competent person more than a few minutes to fix. Incognito is pointless here, could do away with that.

Tier 2: FFa started at 350k. Not a great opportunity for scoring, but it at least has respawns and a reasonable duration. Some things need fixed with the arena but the rules of the game are pretty solid. Needs to have incognito on for obvious reasons.

Tier 3: KotH started at 500k. Good opportunity for scoring. Don't see much if anything that needs tweaked besides turning incognito on.

Tier 4: CTF started at 750k. Best opportunity for scoring, doesn't really need modified other than a few tiny little things. See @Arch Enemy's post: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/new-balanced-ctf-scoring-system.50726/
Also incognito doesn't really need to be on in CTF IMO

Can we make this system 1000x better with minimal effort?

Please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
It seems to me that a small amount of time and effort now will see a pretty solid return. And making bigger picture changes means that every single time an event gets run it will be a more enjoyable experience, regardless if staff or players pop it off.

I've heard the argument used that events take players out of the world...who cares? Do SO MANY people join events that the world just dies for 15 minutes at a time? But also...are those people not joining willingly for a bit of fun and should it matter how they get it?

I feel like the current system falls just short of fun anyway, and people join these events regardless, so why not give them a little bit of love?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Maybe a statue sink to pop off events?

Even some minor [eventscore rewards would be good too. Something. Anything!