Forbid UOSteam

wreckognize

Grandmaster
agree with OP except I'd rather see people allowed to use steam since its 2014 and it makes uo more attractive to some players

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
It works the same but he is confused about the features enabled on this shard.

There's a reason most of us don't use auto macros. We "could" all use them but then you are relying on a macro to do your cures and heal which just doesn't give enough flexibility in real situations. It's the same reason why an auto pot throwing macro doesn't work well. Sure you can make one in either razor or uosteam but do you really want to rely on that? What happens if the guy offscreens ya? Boom. What happens if ya need to throw a quick heal up... It could possibly heal your opponent AND have the cooked pot go boom on ya. Manually throwing wins every time.

Back to your question. IF you did have a hypothetical auto heal/cure macro running in either razor or uosteam, any hotkeys you had would need to restart the macro after they do whatever the hotkey does. Also if you wanted to let's say ignore your health and drop that finishing flamestrike, your macro could screw that up by trying to heal ya and block you from casting fs.

But overall I think you guys are thinking too hard about this. Sure these things are possible with razor OR uosteam but are they really an advantage? Not at all.

I have yet to find a macro in razor or uosteam that gives an actual advantage in pvp. Oh no the guy hits a button and his weapon automatically disarms before he drinks a pot... Who cares? ( on a side note, this operation is actually faster in razor than uosteam cause razor disarms faster than uosteam)
i am not confused about the options in razor or uosteam and how they are restricted. i am concerned about the fact that you can have scripts with steamuo whch put them at a clear advantage as they have to do nothing anymore. to you very bad exmaple about explo pots: what happens if the guy offscreens you as you said: well, the script would just automatically throw the pot away, while if you didnt have it, youd need to do it manually in the heat of the battle.you need to get the crossfade and CLICK somewhere on the ghround to throw it etc, whic hstop your running. with the script you just keep running.
what happens if you need to throw a quick heal, or anytihng else? why would you care, you never need to watch your timers, because the script throws it 100% correct. you can do whatever you want, focusing on you while not caring about explo pots as they will be thrown 100% correct.
manually, you need to time spells with crossfades, cancel crossfades, and possibly fuck that up too etc..
dont you see the huge advantage you get with this ?

Also to clarify this, i dont caer about a heal/cure macro as its basically the worst thing to you in a pvp situation. I care about explo pots, cure chug scripts etc, which you can have running all the time and completely automate your game and just put you in an extreme advantage.
your example with the explo pot, clearly shows that you do not know how they work, and how advantageous they are.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Both can disarm, and chug, then re-arm.

As to auto explodes, meh, don't trust it.

Nor do I trust any automated action to save my life. Anyone playing with an auto pot chugger sucks, and probably needs it.

I'm far more concerned about marathons.

you dont get my point. ofcourse both can, however with steamuo theres no player interaction anymore, as it does it automatically with a script. with razor you have to press all hotkeys which can be very stressful in the heat of the battle

Normus

Neophyte
No, I do get it, but what you arn't getting is that letting it be that automated is dangerous. It's easy to get a script to get someone killed.

jorge

Novice
i am not confused about the options in razor or uosteam and how they are restricted. i am concerned about the fact that you can have scripts with steamuo whch put them at a clear advantage as they have to do nothing anymore. to you very bad exmaple about explo pots: what happens if the guy offscreens you as you said: well, the script would just automatically throw the pot away, while if you didnt have it, youd need to do it manually in the heat of the battle.you need to get the crossfade and CLICK somewhere on the ghround to throw it etc, whic hstop your running. with the script you just keep running.
what happens if you need to throw a quick heal, or anytihng else? why would you care, you never need to watch your timers, because the script throws it 100% correct. you can do whatever you want, focusing on you while not caring about explo pots as they will be thrown 100% correct.
manually, you need to time spells with crossfades, cancel crossfades, and possibly fuck that up too etc..
dont you see the huge advantage you get with this ?

Also to clarify this, i dont caer about a heal/cure macro as its basically the worst thing to you in a pvp situation. I care about explo pots, cure chug scripts etc, which you can have running all the time and completely automate your game and just put you in an extreme advantage.
your example with the explo pot, clearly shows that you do not know how they work, and how advantageous they are.

Here's a simple razor macro that will throw a purple potion at the ground if your target is too far away.

It works the same but he is confused about the features enabled on this shard.

There's a reason most of us don't use auto macros. We "could" all use them but then you are relying on a macro to do your cures and heal which just doesn't give enough flexibility in real situations. It's the same reason why an auto pot throwing macro doesn't work well. Sure you can make one in either razor or uosteam but do you really want to rely on that? What happens if the guy offscreens ya? Boom. What happens if ya need to throw a quick heal up... It could possibly heal your opponent AND have the cooked pot go boom on ya. Manually throwing wins every time.

Back to your question. IF you did have a hypothetical auto heal/cure macro running in either razor or uosteam, any hotkeys you had would need to restart the macro after they do whatever the hotkey does. Also if you wanted to let's say ignore your health and drop that finishing flamestrike, your macro could screw that up by trying to heal ya and block you from casting fs.

But overall I think you guys are thinking too hard about this. Sure these things are possible with razor OR uosteam but are they really an advantage? Not at all.

I have yet to find a macro in razor or uosteam that gives an actual advantage in pvp. Oh no the guy hits a button and his weapon automatically disarms before he drinks a pot... Who cares? ( on a side note, this operation is actually faster in razor than uosteam cause razor disarms faster than uosteam)
my shit dont disarm when i try to chug, makes it so my pot is 1 second later than, i guess, uosteam. (this shit has gotten me killed b4)

but uosteam doin that isnt enough reason to "forbid" it, but im suprised UOF doesnt disable that for uosteam jus like its disabled for razor

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Here's a simple razor macro that will throw a purple potion at the ground if your target is too far away.

great, still a useless macro because it will not work with random timers on this server. only a script can do random timers + what you posted, which is completely unfair, as you literally need to press 1 key to get all work done, while people who do it manually have to cancel crossfades, watch their spell timers etc etc

halygon

Grandmaster
you dont get my point. ofcourse both can, however with steamuo theres no player interaction anymore, as it does it automatically with a script. with razor you have to press all hotkeys which can be very stressful in the heat of the battle
I still think you have no clue how uosteam works. The macros need to be initiated JUST like Razor. Only one macro can be run at a time JUST like Razor. Where is the advantage... More like wtf are you talking about? This ain't easyuo that can run multiple scripts at once or have triggers waiting for something like a poison or whatever to occur. It works EXACTLY like Razor. Please research. UOSteam IS NOT easyUO.

my shit dont disarm when i try to chug, makes it so my pot is 1 second later than, i guess, uosteam. (this shit has gotten me killed b4)

but uosteam doin that isnt enough reason to "forbid" it, but im suprised UOF doesnt disable that for uosteam jus like its disabled for razor
Auto disarm for pots IS DISABLED in UOSteam, just like razor. Ppl just make a macro that does the disarm first then drink a pot. It's not an automated feature in either product on this shard.

mynameis

Adept
My god. Witch hunt part? what 300?
And the squeals aren't getting any better

You're describing things that do not exist on steam or are disabled on this shard. Lets pretend you're not wrong. Razor and EasyUO made a GMOverpowered baby. Lets fix it, we need your help Uzz :)

I'm going to test all these things out and document the results so we can show staff how unfair steam is. They obviously have spent no time on the matter..

How did you get the auto pot chug to work?
Best I got was looping a macro but messed up my other macros

What about the explo pots?
Problem I'm having is the timer varies an injournal is only working on sysmsgs :eek:

I can't figure out how to automate things w/o hitting a hotkey =[ This would save a lot of time.. what the trick?
*edit* I found out I can open corpses without using a hotkey!! :D

I've never tried a macro that 'detect poison ticks.' How do I do that?:oops:

How do you copy/paste scripts from easyuo to steam? Steam keeps saying invalid command for me..
P.S. This one would really help prove to the admins we need to ban it!

Do you mind copying and pasting some of the macros please? Or maybe tell us what menu features you're using? What macro commands does steam have that razor doesn't? I tried comparing but they have different names so its confusing. The sooner we can show the staff *facts* the sooner they will take this seriously! Otherwise they'll just think its another R&F:confused:

Serious tho: Writing a script to disarm/pot/rearm. Weird thing is (legitimate surprise) you can do the same on razor but with half the delay..On steam the server said you must wait, razor seems about twice as fast somehow.. Weird, I definitely wouldn't have expected razor to be faster, and it makes no sense regardless.

Umabel

Novice
Uzz has already figured this all out! You clearly do not know pvp and how unfair UOSteam is!

Every idiot knows you can put auto pot chug for every hotkey and no macros are messed up! You can only do this in Steam!

People are throwing their explode pots 100% of the time even while moving and out of range! You can't do that in Razor!

You check on "loop" and it does everything automatically for you!

You can also open doors automatically in the heat of battle!

You are not coping and pasting right! EasyUO is allowed by Steam!

K A Z

Grandmaster
MAMA THEY CHEAT CHEAT

@ Umabel (because thats the only post I bothered to read half-way through)

wtf man. out of range? get a grip, dude. You got no fucking clue.

severus

Grandmaster
Razor cant check journals and have a pause accordingly for your explo pots, and if it can, its so slow that its too late already.

Also you dont really get my point. Ofcourse razor can chug pots on hotkey, however it cannot auto chug cures/heals like easyuo/steamuo can which makes it completely overpowered in PvP. Have you ever team fighted someone in UO ? Theres a difference between having to press a hotkey to get cured, or having everything done completely by steamuo without moving a finger.

Your post clearly implies that you have never pvped in your life, and dont really understand my concerns regarding pvp and the power uosteam offers for pvp which automates stuff without the player having to look at his keyboard or monitor
Razor can be made to auto cure and heal with if features and 'else'