Halloween Mobs

Sanchen

Master
Let's put this conversation into PVP terms ...

1 castes (firebreath) killed you
1 spell( Ebolt) from many people killed you

Why are you not nerfing Zerg spells then!?

I agree no 1 spell should kill you, then make it fair all over uof and not at just certain times
Because it takes the coordination of multiple noob's in purple to kill one person. Much harder to accomplish that then running beside one dragon and being killed.

The biggest gripe I have with these Halloween mobs is that they don't actually drop anything worthwhile.

I saw some veterans mentioning over discord of how the staff does this every time with these special mobs - in that they "promise drops", but nothing ever happens. They were saying how the only time they actually kept their word (or actually checked the code) was back for 2014 Christmas, where it was like 10% for a chest (instead of the apparent 1-2% now), then a further 5% chance for a rare statue drop in that chest among other things.

If this seems to be the general consensus on what worked well, why not repeat the same code from 2014? and if you want chests to be rare, how about a locked crate (with 1/10 being chest) and they drop overall the 10% then the 5% for the rare statues? That way players actually have an incentive to go out and kill these special mobs, instead of creating more dissatisfied threads (which tbh are granted given the circumstances).

I farmed these Halloween mobs for literally 10 hours, and got nothing but 1 chest and a few worthless skin dyes. I think everyone can agree that Halloween mobs reward players with nothing but disappointment and headaches. Please revisit that 10%/5% rule as mentioned above @eppy @Shane .

I make this post to educate, please don't take it negatively.

Sephid

Master
The biggest gripe I have with these Halloween mobs is that they don't actually drop anything worthwhile.

I saw some veterans mentioning over discord of how the staff does this every time with these special mobs - in that they "promise drops", but nothing ever happens. They were saying how the only time they actually kept their word (or actually checked the code) was back for 2014 Christmas, where it was like 10% for a chest (instead of the apparent 1-2% now), then a further 5% chance for a rare statue drop in that chest among other things.

If this seems to be the general consensus on what worked well, why not repeat the same code from 2014? and if you want chests to be rare, how about a locked crate (with 1/10 being chest) and they drop overall the 10% then the 5% for the rare statues? That way players actually have an incentive to go out and kill these special mobs, instead of creating more dissatisfied threads (which tbh are granted given the circumstances).

I farmed these Halloween mobs for literally 10 hours, and got nothing but 1 chest and a few worthless skin dyes. I think everyone can agree that Halloween mobs reward players with nothing but disappointment and headaches. Please revisit that 10%/5% rule as mentioned above @eppy @Shane .

I make this post to educate, please don't take it negatively.

I agree with this 100%. 2014 They had it right... Chests dropped maybe a tiny bit to often but aside from that 2014 Christmas was one of the very best holiday mob events. You also had a very slim chance at a rare clothing drop from the mobs and that was awesome.

Also 2014 easter was great as well where you had to collect eggs from the spirits of Easter and turn them into that well in hedge maze for points to save up for a reward. That was done really good as well imo.

I am not sure why they decided to change Holiday mobs to the way they are now because the way it is now the only benefit is meta talisman xp. Also imho I think the difficulty of the mobs is fine.... not everything should be solo-able or easy.