idocs

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I understand your guys' frustrations on this, but honestly.. You can go from POOR to RICH off 1 single idoc (4 hours of work).

If you seen what we seen before we had the random drop timer i think you would lean our way as well. Certain idoc guilds had 10+ houses timed within the 20 minutes of falling, one night i went to a bunch of idocs and the SAME guild scooped up 5 of them, plus all the loot, perfectly timed.

I added the loot up and with the plots it was over 10+ million worth of assets and items, and that was JUST ONE NIGHT.

It was all totally scripted/timed, and they were extremely organized. It was zero risk and all reward while putting next to no effort into the game.

This is why that timer went in, the 4 hour timer makes you pick and choose your IDOCS now, instead of having every single one timed (even the small ones) you only are going to put your time into the ones worth your while. So, in return, this leaves those smaller ones that you would of normally had timed as well and grabbed "just because you could" to newer players or amateur idocers which lets them get more invested and gets their foot in the economy.

If theres a castle IDOC with tons of rares/loot and you also know of a log cabin with SOME loot, you will get your entire guild on that castle because its worth your while. Leaving that Log Cabin to some newbie who feels like he just won the lottery because everyones at that castle.

I don't think i can explain it any better than that. Ask for changes based on the server as a whole and not for your behalf/betterment. :)

So you see one nights profit from two weeks of tracking those houses. 10 mil / two weeks / a whole guild whose entire premise was to dominate idocs (with members on and checking houses 24/7 since they are from all over the world).

I'm curious, if there is a guild of tamers and they spend their time doing champs, and make 30mil a week, why is that not a problem? What if there's a PK making a million a day farming tamers and provos? A rares dealer getting millions of gp worth of rares in a few minutes by recalling around?

Isn't that the point of becoming an expert at an aspect of UO? To get rich?

Why punish one playstyle?

The only people who bother with idocs now are the ones who are at their computers all day straight (nothing wrong with that, plenty of people did the same thing when the timers were static).

The random timer does NOTHING to stop scripting. Idocs are currently scripted in a more offensive way than before IMO.

All the random timer does is FORCE you to sit an alt at an idoc and watch your screen for hours. If removes the OPTION of spreading those hours out over a bunch of people and times of day.

Anyone could have been timing those idocs you saw Shane. Only one group was. There's a reason for that. It's not some simple 'run a script and then just recall in and profit', and frankly anyone who says that is talking out of their ass. Idocing like we did took a shit load of communication, organization, time, and people dedicated to putting in the work well before the chance of getting a reward.

A 4 hour timer is a terrible mechanic and it does nothing but take away a playstyle that drives communication and teamwork. If you think it's better to concentrate all that idoc loot to the few who can afford to have constant access to their computer, I guess that's what it is.

Fix the problem(scripting) instead of just breaking an aspect of the game so it doesn't have to be dealt with.

I see nothing in your post that is an argument for a random timer.

Pikachu

Adept
This is why idocs shouldn't say the status and look like a normal house and can fall at anytime and items decay or items are discovered or a plot is discovered, they weren't yours in the first place so they might as well be thrown in the trash and turned into an empty plot... no gain no loss

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
This is why idocs shouldn't say the status and look like a normal house and can fall at anytime and items decay or items are discovered or a plot is discovered, they weren't yours in the first place so they might as well be thrown in the trash and turned into an empty plot... no gain no loss

What is the reasoning here? What is the 'this' you are referring to? Discussion about a game mechanic?

Yes I agree it would be great to totally remove one of the very few sources of pvp on the server. The only source of gold in uo should be farming or crafting.

*fffaaaaarrrrrrrttt*

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu

Adept
The fact people would be running all over the world looking for random drops could result in some cool fights in odd locations

halygon

Grandmaster
Yes I agree it would be great to totally remove one of the very few sources of pvp on the server. The only source of gold in uo should be farming or crafting.
For some reason I don't think you are serious here...

Where is R&F when we need it?

HBH for the win.

tragic

Neophyte
FOR THE RECORD - I am not for this idoc 4 hour window. All this does is make thiings annoying because people can still script them on ghosts (alt account) and notify you when it drops.

Fix the problem(scripting) instead of just breaking an aspect of the game so it doesn't have to be dealt with.

I don't agree with most of the things said. Todays finding idocs doesn't take much work im sorry you can start a script and run around uo full speed and detect decay status with out doing anything.

I don't like the 4 hour window idea at all, But let be honest here we are all adults 85- 90% of idoc timers are scripted . (I pulled that stat outa my ass) but im sure its close. no person or guild regardless how big will always have a near perfect idoc widow ALL THE TIME.

However I quoted you on what I can agree with. I feel like this has happened with a lot of things here. instead of fxing things they remove and or change things that completely make things useless. I am not going to list things because this is not a rant.

I can see both sides do this argument. just a couple things to mention I don't play uo much anymore, but I lost my flame for uo a long time ago and became more interested in coding with razor than the game itself after that it was easyuo, and then last to come out was UOS. I never abused, or released (damaging) scripts it was purely the challenge to make them do very complex things.

I state this because I am a veteran when it comes to scripting/coding with ultima online assistants. There is NO easy fix for this. A couple suggestions you guys had were:
  1. gump having decay status: This and wouldn't fix the scripting problem because u can still detect automatically
  2. Color signs: You can have a script search for the specific hue of a object.

Basically the only thing I can honestly think of at this time that would make it un scriptable are things that cant be detected such as animations
Sparkles,explo, flame strike, and shit like that.

I think this should be reverted and left with NO window. honestly because anyone has this opportunity to time them and don't give the excuse of armature ultima players will not know how because I promise u its common knowledge and easily attainable..

Now about the No Risk and all reward BS u guys are saying is nonsense. HERE is why

Most important one is some one refreshing the house. This is wasted time and that means u could have made more cash farming mongbats.

the most common ways people time are recalling in and out or leaving a player hidden, and when timing your taking a risk.
People use recalling when timing sometimes - this runs a small risk of players seeing u recall in and out. When I see this I check house signs around the location and drop a box on the spot and or release monsters that will attack them. Now When leaving a player hidden you run the risk of death. Every idoc I did in the past I had my idoc template use tracking and detect hidden to locate people timing and kill them.

if u say no risk because no one else was there to get loot because they had it timed.I have to say this. Well no one else probably cared enough to be there to begin with OR didn't even know there was a freaking idoc. So why make things more annoying for the players that do put in the bit of work it takes?

halygon

Grandmaster
Actually, if the gump was merely a pop up window that had text in it (ie.. The state of the house), this couldn't be scripted. It's like the exceptional message within crafting gumps.. Scripts can't read it because it doesn't become journal text.

tragic

Neophyte
Actually, if the gump was merely a pop up window that had text in it (ie.. The state of the house), this couldn't be scripted. It's like the exceptional message within crafting gumps.. Scripts can't read it because it doesn't become journal text.

EASYUO: can scan screen and detect all text on your screen, the color of it , and even type it out for you.
UOS: Has the ingump command
here is a piece of a my own macro. Basically when I push a key it will lore my mount and or drag and if its not wonderfull it feeds them.

if not @ingump 0x934529aa 'Wonderfully Happy'
feed 'mount' 'raw ribs' '0x9f1' 2
endif
replygump 0x934529aa 0

halygon

Grandmaster
Wow, just schooled me on UOS - well done. To be fair though, half the functions are not published in the manual. I have never seen that function before.

As far as eUO - it is banned here so that shouldn't even be considered a scripting factor when making policy.

tragic

Neophyte
Wow, just schooled me on UOS - well done. To be fair though, half the functions are not published in the manual. I have never seen that function before.

As far as eUO - it is banned here so that shouldn't even be considered a scripting factor when making policy.

easyuo is baned but people do try to get away with using it. example would be sexkimchi was perma baned for using easyuo.

im pretty sure every command is either in the manual or "commands" button :p TBH I can think one command that's not... I don't have anything uo related on this computer, but when I get home tomorrow ill check and see if im right

lost

Grandmaster
Poor to rich off one idoc, where are these idocs? Idocs are like blackjack but worse, I mean not everyone is rich n there are mode normal houses than rich houses, and all the good ones are posted forum wide now. Sure one person got twenty taking SS off castle idoc but how common is that? No way. It's just more reasonable to assume the paragon chests are locked, high stones are kegs n regs. If ppl are rich you can usually tell in the deco but again the great houses are posted on forums or gated from wbb.

Akillah

Grandmaster
Poor to rich off one idoc, where are these idocs?

Started from the bottom, now I'm here

fuck farming. It's very possible to make a quick come-up. You wont be bloody rich like @lambofgodd141 with millions of taming ss everytime, but...pretty easy to make a few hundred thousand real quick.