Ilsehnar / Lost Lands - I Miss You...

Shah

Neophyte
Hi guys, quick intro - stopped playing UO 8 to 10 years ago.. recently got the urge to play again.. found UO Forever about 2 weeks ago and now I'm hooked all over again.. I can see myself playing for years to come (like the last time around).. But I was wondering when Ilshenar / Lost Lands and other locations are going to be added into the game?

Also wondering why they weren't already accessible too because I discovered that they do seem to be in the client already as I tried a different server when the server attacks here were rampant 2 days ago.

Any idea when they'll be in UO Forever? Wish they were here rather than have to go to another server just to access them, as they seem to already be in the client. Some of my fondest memories of the game were in places outside of Brit, even a simple thing like taming ostards in the vivid colours of the Lost Lands, loved the atmosphere in some of those places and hope I'll be able to go there again soon on UOForever. Do you know when it might happen?

I only found out literally last week that they weren't in the game. I had assumed I couldn't access them because I was young player - I thought they weren't showing on the Moongate for this reason, but when I lost young player status they still weren't there and it almost broke my heart I tell ya..

I-miss-you.jpg

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell you that we've opened up many dungeons based on MALAS and other facets.

Opening "the lost lands" is back stepping we feel. It is an UNREAL large land mass with very little to offer in all topics of pvp, pvm, and trade...

But i will tell you what...

If you can explain to us why we should add such a thing, dismaying what we have done, know and currently aim towards. then I whole heatedly welcome such things. Every so often we get a player wanting the lost lands etc but real no explanation of how it could actually benefit the entire community in the long run.

Taking your personal interests out of the question, tell us how the lost lands or any other full-fledged facet opening could benefit this entire community, and i will respond to this.

Keep in mind that the idea's you may have for the reasoning behind such questions may be for your own greater good, and not the greater good of Ultima Online Forever as a whole.

Ask away...

I myself have never seen anything more then Britannia and T2A. Would love to see them just to be able to explore them kn their full spawn. But I understand the reasoning behind not opening them. That being said I think the community as a whole could come up with some ideas for their use.

Shah

Neophyte
I can tell you that we've opened up many dungeons based on MALAS and other facets.

Opening "the lost lands" is back stepping we feel. It is an UNREAL large land mass with very little to offer in all topics of pvp, pvm, and trade...

If you can explain to us why we should add such a thing, dismaying what we have done, know and currently aim towards. then I whole heatedly welcome such things. Every so often we get a player wanting the lost lands etc but real no explanation of how it could actually benefit the entire community in the long run.

Taking your personal interests out of the question, tell us how the lost lands or any other full-fledged facet opening could benefit this entire community, and i will respond to this.

Keep in mind that the idea's you may have for the reasoning behind such questions may be for your own greater good, and not the greater good of Ultima Online Forever as a whole.

Ask away...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Some of my fondest memories of the game are in the Lost Lands, it was the atmosphere, the ambience and environment which removed you from the familiar scenery of Brit and this prolonged my interest in the game, my enjoyment of playing, the excitement and entertainment I acquired through playing was increased. In a nutshell, those places kept me playing the game longer than if they weren't there because they provided visual variety, new places to explore, it continued, revitalized, refreshed the sense of adventure and wonder.

I think the reason for this simply boils down to that old saying - familiarity breeds contempt. With a diverse graphical environment, it helps to remove the scenic repetitiveness and feeling of de ja vu you might experience through regular playing. It opens up new worlds, new options and new experiences. It creates a more diverse and multifaceted landscape for the player to traverse across, and helps to reduce the feeling of repetitiveness which is commonly intertwined into a game which requires grinding.

I know that might initially seem like a subjective answer but I think others might feel the same way too (i'm not the only one I guess). So putting my history of playing UO aside for a moment, I know just as a new player of any game - the more accessible enivornments there are, the more gameplay enjoyment you acquire, and the feeling of repetiveness is often mitigated as a result. It will help the game and the community immensely in my opinion - after all wasn't that at least part of the reason they were created in the first place?

Variety is the spice of life...

Ledz Epplin

Master
I agree as well. After a while Felucca in it'self can start to feel claustrophobic a bit. The lost lands were full of exploration and fun. Titan Valley and the Ophidian areas, running around taming Ostards. There are some fun places to get lost and just do new stuff. I for one would love to see lost lands again :)

Kuroro

Lost Lands are amazing. There are lots of points of interest to achieve (the Oasi, Therathan Keep, Ophidian Keep, the Lighthouse, the ruins, Titan Valley, etc). You can use them to spawn everything wild and powerful (and rares?) you can think about. They are (or could be...) a "no recall/gate" area, so need a deep exploration. They offer some new access to dungeons (i.e. fire) and Britannia's areas (i.e. sewer passage to the swamp, Moonglow). Couse of this great variety you can use them as you prefer, great for battleground or assaults (Delucia seems a besieged town XD), great for exploration custom quests.

They are a T2A must :)

K A Z

Grandmaster

Ask away...

the area around Delucia is pretty good for PVP because there are quite some choke points one can wall of + there is no housing + there are decent spawns in the greater delucia area that attrackt PVMlings. And on top of that you can have pretty cool guardline fights of red vs blue because of how the City is built in general. (Wide entrances, etc.)

Native

Novice
I think the desire stems from nostalgia. I know that's why I'd like to be able to go there. Refresh my nostalgia. In my time playing UO I spent more time in lost lands than any other particular place. Delucia was my home.

lollo

Grandmaster
I think the desire stems from nostalgia. I know that's why I'd like to be able to go there. Refresh my nostalgia. In my time playing UO I spent more time in lost lands than any other particular place. Delucia was my home.

So you also gmed taming on OSI 14 yrs ago? Damn bulls =D

On a more serious note, i also loved the visual aspect of the lost lands. Making it a no recall zone would be cool (except like 3-4 places where you can recall to, since they're huge and having them entirely no recall would be too much) and i also don't think it'd disperse the player base too much.
Players tend to stay where other players are and it'd still be the case if lost lands were added. Maybe there would be 1 or 2 "hot spots" but the rest would be desert (like some parts of britannia are right now)

Rafelito

Journeyman
I also used to hang out in T2A cities a lot. Delucia and Papua are awesome cities. I was always in one of them instead of the old citiies.
That being said - I'm actually against opening more land on this server. I'm from Europe and it's already hard for me to find people active when I get the chance to logon and play (due to timezone diff. and such). Opening up more land will just spread out the population even more.

I can't help but think you guys secertly want to farm awesome spawn spots with your dragons alone (let's be honest, T2A had way better hunting spots then the old dungeons / land had).

Once the server grows even more and dungeons + other towns start to get crowded, we should open up the new lands IMHO. Have you guys ever been to Vesper, Minoc, Serpents hold etc etc bank on this server? They are almost always dead. You can easily go AFK as a red and take a huge dump IRL while just standing there in plain site at those banks on this server and no one will harass you.

Just my 2 cents

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Illshanar > Delucia.

I love some of the new dungeon because they're obviously based from Illshanar like the Grinch area. I believe that was part of Valor dungeon.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I Would love to see Illshanar also , I miss the meer fort. The Centar hunting grounds . that mining outpost god i spent so much time there.
You could add one of my ideas by adding treefolk in the woods where the original baracoon spawned .. give us lumber jackers some love and make tree folk for each type of wood and harvestable "while they are alive" (yes interesting concept have too choose to kill them or axe them down by chopping)

Chop

Journeyman
I am all for T2A. This was one of my favorite places for sure! Ilshenar was cool as well with many cool places to see, explore and hunt. I would be happy if either one were opened up to everyone.

Asmatu

Master
Never been to IIshenar, but, I would be interested in seeing it for one.

And, Delucia, that was my home town after it came out. HUGE fan of the idea to open up T2A.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I'm all for the idea of opening these old areas. And no, its not for safer farming/hunting. As it was mentioned above, things become stagnant after awhile of seeing same spots. Keep the rules of pvp/pvm the same in these new(old) areas.
I also spent a lot of time in t2a. Loved those lands.
The files are already there, the Dev team just has to open them up. I mostly do not understand the thinking behind leaving them closed.

Kinda off topic...but, if you go to Ice Dung lvl3, where the ice arch daemons are and the beetle spawns....
There's a land you see off to the far south that you can see mobs moving around in...what area is that? Not accessible?