IS THIS FOR REAL?

Liberty

Grandmaster
Rares don't exist on this server anymore. I used to get frustrated with the changes but the fact remains that this is a for profit shard and things will be done in the best interest of business. Do I think this screw up was intentional? No..I believe Adam is being sincere. However, there is little concern with rares on this server. One of the lines I remember reading from Shane during launch week was "Things that are rare may not be rare forever" and this holds true to this day. It is a like it or leave it scenario.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
english gone wild(. )( .)

And this right here Ladies and Gentlenewbs, is the exact, the most SPECIFIC answer I have fraternized for since my last post. This here, is a masterpiece of understanding, perhaps unknowingly mind you, but all the same a spot on evaluation of this entire thread and its voluptuous content. Let us sit here a moment and bathe in its glory.

Enough ball tickling, the reason why this response is so accurate to the cause is simply because it dedicates to the somewhat random/wild nature of reactions towards mishaps or change in general. The old saying goes that to every action there is a reaction and those who are bothered enough to read will see that there is indeed an action ricocheting off a counter reaction. I was going to put a quote from the Joker in Batman : The Dark Knight, but somehow its relevance failed, ruined the moment to be honest but hey.

So yes, WILD... ***DAMN YOU DARK KNIGHT TAKING ME OFF MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT*

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
And this right here Ladies and Gentlenewbs, is the exact, the most SPECIFIC answer I have fraternized for since my last post. This here, is a masterpiece of understanding, perhaps unknowingly mind you, but all the same a spot on evaluation of this entire thread and its voluptuous content. Let us sit here a moment and bathe in its glory.

Enough ball tickling, the reason why this response is so accurate to the cause is simply because it dedicates to the somewhat random/wild nature of reactions towards mishaps or change in general. The old saying goes that to every action there is a reaction and those who are bothered enough to read will see that there is indeed an action ricocheting off a counter reaction. I was going to put a quote from the Joker in Batman : The Dark Knight, but somehow its relevance failed, ruined the moment to be honest but hey.

So yes, WILD... ***DAMN YOU DARK KNIGHT TAKING ME OFF MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT*

i like you

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I definitely understand where Karl and Calvin are coming from. It seems that are few true rares on this server, and one by one they are being reintroduced back into the market in some way or another. As Liberty said, it is what it is and if we don't like it we don't have to play. With that being said, I'll still be here :)

Just PLEASE don't put ethy skeletal steeds back on the vendor lol

eric_azria

Grandmaster
Rares don't exist on this server anymore. I used to get frustrated with the changes but the fact remains that this is a for profit shard and things will be done in the best interest of business. Do I think this screw up was intentional? No..I believe Adam is being sincere. However, there is little concern with rares on this server. One of the lines I remember reading from Shane during launch week was "Things that are rare may not be rare forever" and this holds true to this day. It is a like it or leave it scenario.

GET BACK INTO YOUR STAR SPANGLED CASTLE

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I definitely understand where Karl and Calvin are coming from. It seems that are few true rares on this server, and one by one they are being reintroduced back into the market in some way or another. As Liberty said, it is what it is and if we don't like it we don't have to play. With that being said, I'll still be here :)

Just PLEASE don't put ethy skeletal steeds back on the vendor lol

Yeah I'm not going anywhere either.

But some people already have. They farm for weeks in their free time to save up for some ultra expensive item, buy it, then watch as they are made available to all for a pittance.

Really it would just take a little consideration and forethought to keep from shitting on people's enjoyment.

Liberty

Grandmaster
GET BACK INTO YOUR STAR SPANGLED CASTLE
Someone has to represent the non - ghetto and non - southern backwoods US population in UO Forever. Sadly my pvp skills are inadequate so I don't have a favorable rapport with the community. However, I love the USA,dislike Canada and despise Australia and people who can't keep their beetles alive.

eric_azria

Grandmaster
Someone has to represent the non - ghetto and non - southern backwoods US population in UO Forever. Sadly my pvp skills are inadequate so I don't have a favorable rapport with the community. However, I love the USA,dislike Canada and despise Australia and people who can't keep their beetles alive.

LOL

Staff

Young Player Help
I don't know if you can make donations ultra rare on this server. However, there are ultra rares for sure..I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Pretty much everything given out in an event to the top 10 players becomes an ultra rare? For almost all of these there are very few on the shard. If you guys are looking to donation items for your ultra rares and not events, you're probably going to have a bad time.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
what about when you guys deleted my ultra rare stacked potions? hmm? WHAT ABOUT THAT EH
yea, thought so. unavailable for comment. mmhmmm.,,,,
you guys don't have much respect for black market items at all.
what a world

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
LOL I KNEW CALVIN WAS MAD. HI CALVIN :)

EDIT : listen you whiny little weasel - mistakes happen. do you think the admins would intentionally bring back an item they promised would be removed forever? do you think they want that kind of attention if players knew they intentionally go back on their own word? they are human and im sure try very hard to provide the best service to us - thats why people donate. not only do they spend most of their time trying to invent better ways to make this place funner for everyone, but they also do a pretty good job of it. youre a random bank sitter that literally logs on 1 hour a day to show off your flashy little clothes. you provide nothing productive to the server, staff, or playerbase in any way and in return expect to have all your needs met.

maybe you should just do what probably most of the server and myself do and EXPECT everything to eventually be back on the donation vendor. itll save you some gold and a few tears.

your precious mask went from 1.5mil to 1mil. life goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexington

Grandmaster
Here is my take on it.

I’ve never been one to agree with donation items and or items that spawn being removed from the game thus creating an ultra-rare. This would not be fair to the new players that enter that game as they should have every opportunity to obtain the same item as the players that started the game from day one. On that same note I’m also not a huge fan of creating epic ultra-rare rewards that are given out as events prizes. The reason for that is these prizes are typically put up for sale the next day and are just converted into gold. They seem to hold no sentimental value. IMO trophies are perfect for these types of events and if any rewards are given out they should be account bound, not available to trade for gold.

Now the problem we have is that over the last year several items have been removed, from the donation vender and spawns, and have been publically stated that they will not return.

If these items are returned to the game, be it by design and or by mistake, the only players that are really affected by this are the players that have purchased these items from the original owner as they have most likely paid a lot of gold and or donation coins to acquire them. They do this in good faith knowing that this is the only way they can possibly have these items. If those items are returned to the server this is extremely unfair to that group… it in no way affects the person that original purchased the item unless it was brought back at a cheaper price.

Mistakes will be made by the staff from time to time as we are all human, BUT when those mistakes are made they need to be corrected. The items that were sold after they were removed permanently should be deleted and those that purchased them need to be refunded the amount of their purchase. That is the right thing to do IMO…. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shane

I can just picture some of you, in your castles, stroking your rares.

36189867.jpg

S

Shane

But in all seriousness, there are FOR SURE some really, really rare stuff out there.
Thing is i guess, donation items were never suppose to be super rares i guess except for a select few.