Let's do some fishing shall we!

Bran

Neophyte
Question: I'm new to fishing, do you have to be at comp to fish up MIB or is there a way to macro fishing up MIBS afk? or is this is this even legal on this server?

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
AFK fishing is legal. If you're using a program to auto-loot however, you're breaking some policy as Razor's the only allowed 3PP to be used (AssistUO/UOSteam is now disallowed).

Nukeworker

Apprentice
You need to create a resynch hotkey, and either include it in your fishing macro or use it manually. Another thing you can do is sail northeast or southwest, as it uses the old "teleporting" sailing, which will resynch your whole ship and anyone on it.

Thx a many!! that did help alot

Olivier

Master
If I have just 115.0 fishing skill, do I have a chance to fish up Osiredon please?
Yes, you do! :)

If I should be completely honest, I never fished SOS's with less than 120 fishing, so I can't say whether or not it was possible to get him at a lower skill.

AFK fishing is legal. If you're using a program to auto-loot however, you're breaking some policy as Razor's the only allowed 3PP to be used (AssistUO/UOSteam is now disallowed).
Indeed, the part where you fish up the bottles is the only bottleneck so to speak. However as I mentioned earlier, you can purchase them for a market price around 3,500 gold which still makes it profitable. I myself try to get on a boat with some friends who also have a fisherman, and we tend to do rounds, since you're allowed to stand AFK and fish. So basically we get two-three fishermen on a boat and only one of them will be responsible for the loot, this makes it a bit faster and easier to get your bottles!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Learning a lot.

I assume 120 improves your chances of fishing these guys up over 115 because that seems logical.

Olivier

Master
Learning a lot.

I assume 120 improves your chances of fishing these guys up over 115 because that seems logical.

I would guess so too, however I can say that with higher fishing skill you get more special fishing nets/t-maps/bottles whilst fishing comparing to a fisherman with only GM fishing.

Messremb

Grandmaster
the way I understand it, it works like this. at GM fishing you have something like a 1/70 chance of pulling a sea serp, the sea serp has a 1/3 chance of dropping a MIB. at GM this gives you a 1/210 chance of getting a MIB every time you fish. assuming a good fishing macro with 0 down time you can fish every 8 seconds. roughly this equates to 1 MIB every 30 min. (no a guarantee of course). this is where people get the 1-2 MIBs per hour at GM.

I'm not sure how much is cut off for each point past GM, but I know with my 115 Fishermen I pull up about 4-5 MIBs an hour. using that I reversed the formula and got the following. I have about 1/37-1/30 chance of pulling a Sea Serp, with the same 1/3 chance of MIB.

Also I can confirm that you can pull osiredon at 115 fishing.

Oliver, this is excellent. I would say if anything your numbers are on the conservative side.

I Personally make 100-120k per hour, just off Gold and vendored items. I get about 10-12k per chest, just off that.

Thanks for putting this all together.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster

very good point sire, but you can loot with razor if you're smart ;)

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
very good point sire, but you can loot with razor if you're smart ;)
Oh, maybe so. I'm not much into the macros, was always told you can't create loot macros with Razor.

Either way, not sure killing and looting the serpents is protected under Fishing's exemption of AFK resource gathering, though.

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
All I know is I've asked about AFK Fishing in DETAIL and everyone says it's legal sooooooooooo unless I get raped by a serp or the black wind rolls up on me, i may or may not be at my computer (unless a GM tells me otherwise)

Olivier

Master
All I know is I've asked about AFK Fishing in DETAIL and everyone says it's legal sooooooooooo unless I get raped by a serp or the black wind rolls up on me, i may or may not be at my computer (unless a GM tells me otherwise)
I use archery and usually kill the serpents before they even reach to the boat so I'm just going to guess that it would be hard to create a looting macro for something that isn't within looting range.

the way I understand it, it works like this. at GM fishing you have something like a 1/70 chance of pulling a sea serp, the sea serp has a 1/3 chance of dropping a MIB. at GM this gives you a 1/210 chance of getting a MIB every time you fish. assuming a good fishing macro with 0 down time you can fish every 8 seconds. roughly this equates to 1 MIB every 30 min. (no a guarantee of course). this is where people get the 1-2 MIBs per hour at GM.

I'm not sure how much is cut off for each point past GM, but I know with my 115 Fishermen I pull up about 4-5 MIBs an hour. using that I reversed the formula and got the following. I have about 1/37-1/30 chance of pulling a Sea Serp, with the same 1/3 chance of MIB.

Also I can confirm that you can pull osiredon at 115 fishing.

Oliver, this is excellent. I would say if anything your numbers are on the conservative side.

I Personally make 100-120k per hour, just off Gold and vendored items. I get about 10-12k per chest, just off that.

Thanks for putting this all together.
Yes this sounds quite accurate comparing to the MIB fishing I've done, It's a huge difference between GM fishing and above.

eppy

Grandmaster
how do you loot with razor?

proof or you don't know how!

You can cut hides on the ground, I found that by accident. I can smelt things on my packhorse, another accident. I havent tried looting, but maybe I will tonight.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Maybe you can loot using a restock agent?

That would totally ruin the fun of looting good stuff though, I'd imagine :(

dont think you can use restock agent from a monsters corpse, from what i know you cannot use restock agent from even a packhorse here?

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
how many bottles an hour can a 120 fisherman catch?
I've gone an hour getting zero bottles. I think my highest record was something like... 10 casts, 8 serpents, 5 of which were bottles. All in a row. Then I got some more bottles that same hour.

There's definitely a superstition at sea, like RL sailors have, interestingly enough haha. If we aren't fishing up much, and I forgot to put my tricorne on, the crew will often start yelling at me to put the hat on (because in the past we've done some of our best fishing/pirating privateering while I wore the hat.

If you're wondering if the PSes are worth it, every 5 points I've added to Fishing I've noticed a change, the biggest jumps being from GM to 110, from 110 to 115, and 115 to 120 (though not with Osiredons - I haven't "felt" like there's been much of a difference in Osiredon rates with 120).