Let's do some fishing shall we!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Thanks for the info! I did some research and if what they implement is essentially the same as the official high seas expansion it sounds like only the Galleons can be damaged/wrecked.

http://www.uoguide.com/Boats#Ship_Repairing
The V&V expansion is UOF's own take on seafaring, and outside of using the ships themselves, has little in common with AotHS. I can guarantee you, as it stands, if classics are not sinkable you won't see a single galleon out at sea. There is no reason to invest in a galleon if a classic can do everything and more at a cheaper rate.

TriXa

Grandmaster
Ok back to Topic. Someone Noticed to that fishing up mibs now gotten Harder now ?.

Its like for me 2 Mibs / Hr @ 115 now.
And that really makes Fishing now absolutly worthless ..
Spending the Time to get the Mibs
Sailing to get the Chest
and then Spending Time, To Organise / Sell that stuff.
You can do alot more Money with normal Farming .

Or im the Only One that has that Problem ?
its like you make now ~7k in an Hour. with NPC gating you make more money lol.

Oliver can you Please Add how long it took to Fish up the Mib's .. and then make a new Math, and a Math calucation what you get when you buy it for 3.5k maybe it will show some things clearer. At the moment its ......

Last edited by a moderator:

Olivier

Master
I haven't been keeping track of the exact number of bottles that I manage to pull up per hour.

I would guess that I get around 4-6 bottles / hour and a ancient bottle every 8th hour, I only use one fisherman and I do use a macro which indicates whenever I need to tab over to my fisherman and kill and loot a serpent,

Each time a sea serpent spawns a system message is received, so that's the trigger I use to know whenever I get a serpent.

I'll try to do some calculations regarding the number of MIB's I pull up per hour next time I fish, however It would probably require about 10 hours worth of fishing to get a decently accurate number. It would be wise tho if someone else with 115, 110, 105 and 100 did the same thing, so that we know whether or not the difference is actually worth those 2,000,000 gold or whatever the powerscroll goes for these days.

The difference between fishing and farming in my opinion is the safety plus the fact that this shard does not have any rares from monsters besides statues at this time, which makes farming quite boring in my opinion, I'm not really fond of killing wyrms in hope of getting a animal taming skill scroll, whilst I can get a anchor or something else when fishing.

I would count roughly that I earn about 10,000 gold for each chest that I pull up, once I've sold the items, gems, reagents and looted the gold, this would mean that if I bought bottles from other players I would earn about 6,500 gold per chest, so the income would be lower indeed, however still profitable.

Fishing up 100 MIB's would most likely take about 20 hours, which is more time than the actual time to fish them up, loot, identify and sell to vendors, once again, I fish my MIB's without paying too much attention to it so it doesn't bother me since I enjoy fishing more than farming.

Struan

Expert
Thanks Olivier.

As a gm I figure I fish up 1-2 MIBs an hour. So I would say the numbers were great but don't reflect the true fisher income.

I would say it would take about 50 hours at least to get the 100 mibs.

So 67 hours / 1 mil is a lot closer to 15k an hour and that is a max. It would probably be more like 75 hours....or I'm just unlucky.

I haven't tracked it but I feel like I make more like 10-12k an hour. Every few hours I get some vanq items which I throw on a vendor. So adding that in I'd get a 20-30k bump over 5-6 hours.

So all in, throwing nets, selling gear, fishing MIBs, and vendoring vanqs and invuls... I would really be surprised if I made 20k an hour.

Does the size of the ship affect the rate at which you pull MIBs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Struan

Expert
What the hell am I doing wrong with the MIB fishing?

There is no way I fish up 4-5 MIB an hour. I must be missing something.

I mean I'm in a boat in deep water. I'm GM...well very recently 105. I fish..move forward a few tiles..fish...and repeat.

Messremb

Grandmaster
1 GM fisher only gets about 1-2 MIBs an hour. as your skill goes up you should get more MIBs per hour.

Most people don't count their MIB collecting time into their calculations as its done mostly afk.

Your issue is 2 part. first you are only GM\105 when you get more Fishing skill you will get more MIBs per hour.
second, you are running only one fishermen.

I run 2 115 fishers to get 10-12 MIBs an hour.

i got 1 mib in 4 hours today, 120 fisher..

I really hope they didn't mess with this, cause fishing will die if they did.

TriXa

Grandmaster
yea na i counted all i got in the time and watched it really closely for 24 hours at all. and average its like 1 - 2 mibs an hour for me. today i fished 14 hours i got like 17 mibs. @ 115

Olivier

Master
i got 1 mib in 4 hours today, 120 fisher..

Yeah I almost fished for three hours the other day, without a single serpent, also at 120 fishing.

Thanks Olivier.

As a gm I figure I fish up 1-2 MIBs an hour. So I would say the numbers were great but don't reflect the true fisher income.

I would say it would take about 50 hours at least to get the 100 mibs.

So 67 hours / 1 mil is a lot closer to 15k an hour and that is a max. It would probably be more like 75 hours....or I'm just unlucky.

I haven't tracked it but I feel like I make more like 10-12k an hour. Every few hours I get some vanq items which I throw on a vendor. So adding that in I'd get a 20-30k bump over 5-6 hours.

So all in, throwing nets, selling gear, fishing MIBs, and vendoring vanqs and invuls... I would really be surprised if I made 20k an hour.

Does the size of the ship affect the rate at which you pull MIBs?

Yes, this seems quite accurate for your fishing skill, when I made the statistics, I didn't include the actual time for fishing the MIB's, which is quite unfair now when looking back on it. But if you count the time spent fishing up the bottles themselves, then the hourly income will be significantly less. Investing in fishing powerscrolls or being lucky enough to get them through champ spawns is definitely something to aim for.

1 GM fisher only gets about 1-2 MIBs an hour. as your skill goes up you should get more MIBs per hour.

Most people don't count their MIB collecting time into their calculations as its done mostly afk.

Your issue is 2 part. first you are only GM\105 when you get more Fishing skill you will get more MIBs per hour.
second, you are running only one fishermen.

I run 2 115 fishers to get 10-12 MIBs an hour.

I really hope they didn't mess with this, cause fishing will die if they did.

Seems like I'm the only one who's fishing with only one fisherman, I need to either buy another character slot or add fishing to my crafter, getting MIB's is a slow process indeed.

I just did two hours of fishing, once I fished for ten hours I'll edit the original post and add the statistics on how many MIB's, special fishing nets and treasure maps I get per hour.

These first two hours have been a pain so far, here's what I've received from the greedy serpents;
4 MIB's
2 treasure maps (plainly, level 1)
5 special fishing nets (all default color)

Yet again, this was with 120 fishing skill.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
i
yea na i counted all i got in the time and watched it really closely for 24 hours at all. and average its like 1 - 2 mibs an hour for me. today i fished 14 hours i got like 17 mibs. @ 115

hey if you sell them to me @ 2.5k each , then you'd be pulling in 3000 gold peices an hour. :eek:

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
Ok back to Topic. Someone Noticed to that fishing up mibs now gotten Harder now ?.

Its like for me 2 Mibs / Hr @ 115 now.
And that really makes Fishing now absolutly worthless ..
Spending the Time to get the Mibs
Sailing to get the Chest
and then Spending Time, To Organise / Sell that stuff.
You can do alot more Money with normal Farming .

Or im the Only One that has that Problem ?
its like you make now ~7k in an Hour. with NPC gating you make more money lol.

Oliver can you Please Add how long it took to Fish up the Mib's .. and then make a new Math, and a Math calucation what you get when you buy it for 3.5k maybe it will show some things clearer. At the moment its ......

the probably changed the drop rate on them..... as a result of you guys crying.... well done :D

AnsemUO

Grandmaster

you... you sat in front of your computer.... fishing..... for 14 hours? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

FAMARA

Grandmaster
you... you sat in front of your computer.... fishing..... for 14 hours? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

i dont cheat like u dude, an unattend fish and loot..... i said ive been fishing for 30 hours now probally go another 20 before i sleep, got problem with that?

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
i dont cheat like u dude, an unattend fish and loot..... i said ive been fishing for 30 hours now probally go another 20 before i sleep, got problem with that?

First, I'm absolutely certain the GMs have looked into my case, and I'm still here, so no, I don't cheat.

Second, No problem at all, just really, REALLY sad that you're gonna spend 50 hours fishing... lol.

I only fish for a couple hours at a time, usually when watching a movie or something (I have two screens)