Losing 1/2 kills in stat loss

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yeah i understand fully understand people taking pride in their count. But shouldn't the murderers at the top of the board be who ever hasn't died?

its UO everybody dies. it's only a matter of time. each 1 kill matters. the bounty board is as ancient as the cosmos, as it pertains to UO, so you can expect some players to crave that nostalgia.

N49ATV

Adept
Why not track total kills, vs current kills. Then maybe some form of aggregate score. With overall outweighing current. To give more incentive to not be statted, and stay alive?

Sapperman

Grandmaster
http://uoforever.com/bountysystem.php

UNIQUE BOUNTY HUNTER & MURDERER SYSTEM

Ultima Online Forever has possibly one of the most unique, balanced and fun bounty systems that has ever been seen in the game before. When creating this we knew we had to not only have balance, but it had to be done in such a way so that murderers could not use or abuse the system to their personal advantage at all. While murdering people can be a quick way to wealth, bounty hunting and killing murderers can quickly become profitable now too.

We realize that 90% of adventurers who are being murdered at any given time are most likely at the total mercy of the player who is murderer or PKing(Player-killing) them. We thought it would only be fair to make it so if a noble adventurer ever kills a murderer or player-killer, that the Murderer should be at the mercy of the adventurer for a change!

....So that is exactly what we implemented..

THINGS TO REMEMBER
  • To open the negotiation gump, simply double click the severed head.
  • To see how many kills a murderer may have on a head you've severed, view the bounty board at the banks.
  • There are no longer long and short term counts, it is all justified by "kills" only.
  • To see your kills or stat loss type "I must consider my sins".
  • 1 KILL = 30 Minutes of Temporary Stat loss. There is no permanent stat loss.
  • You will get stat loss of any counts over 2. So if you have 2 counts, no stat loss, 3 counts is one and a half hour stat loss.
  • If you receive stat loss with kills greater than 50, your kills will be halved so that your next stat loss is not as severe.
  • Temporary Stat loss applied to BOTH Reds AND Blues!
  • 1 KILL Will decay EVERY 24 Hours.
  • If you are Player Killed you will have an option to give a kill or not to.
  • Severed heads WILL rot (turn green) after 10 HOURS making them useless to turn in for stat loss.
  • Stat/Skill loss percentage is 40%.
  • Players may track kills through the Bounty Board.
  • There is a maximum stat loss of 48 hours.
  • Stat loss is only implemented on a player when their severed head is dropped onto one of the bounty collectors
The wording of that seems like it is supposed to be good for the murderer that his kills are cut in half. That is why i think a gump would be appropriate so you can keep your kill count if you want to.

Or even something you can toggle on the murder board so that you can turn off the kill count getting cut in half. So that it just automatically keeps your kills if you want it to.

Wow did not know that. I think its one of those good intentions but my whole point to my red is rack up counts, I fully know going into it if I die there is a good chance I will not play that character for 48 hours.

Snickle

Grandmaster
I have plenty incentive to not get statted.
Regardless, I haven't been on my pk in like 2 weeks because of this. Not deliberately ... more that I just don't have as much fun. just takes away allot of the fun for me knowing one death could lead to half counts

Snickle

Grandmaster
Can this please be addressed? I went another 3 weeks without stat loss. Built my kills back up to 126. I get statted and back down to 63.
This makes me not want to play.
I really don't mind 48 hours of stat loss. We now have 9-12 characters to play. Please remove this feature which was only put in to please the babies who refuse to make another character

Easy_buddy

Journeyman
I like that you brought this to everybody's attention. I'm going to stat every red I kill now. This is worth way more than 25k.
-1 this system is awesome.

Snickle

Grandmaster
I like that you brought this to everybody's attention. I'm going to stat every red I kill now. This is worth way more than 25k.
-1 this system is awesome.
Obviously you're someone who sucks at uo and has become butt hurt from years of getting pkd and not being able to do anything about it lol.
Learn uo. I shouldn't be punished because you're the worse player.
Thanks for the bump tho:D:eek:

Easy_buddy

Journeyman
Obviously you're someone who sucks at uo and has become butt hurt from years of getting pkd and not being able to do anything about it lol.
Learn uo. I shouldn't be punished because you're the worse player.
Thanks for the bump tho:D:eek:

I rarely get PKed. And bragging about killing AFKers or pouncing on bards mid-fight doesn't make you sound like the better PvPer. I'll give you a shout when my new guys done and we can find out who's better. Expect to be stat'd, if you lose. Griefing griefers is just intoxicating.

I'll concede the point though, I like the idea of taking kills from reds, but half is harsh. Lowering it to 1-10 would be reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I don't even play reds but they should be able to keep their kills. I imagine if I did play one, the best thing about it would be to look back one day and see 500+ kills. Otherwise, what's the point? It kind of sucks the oomph out of the whole thing.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
What is the logic in it? Oh I died on my red so now I haven't killed all of those people that I did... it makes absolutely no sense

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Don Key

Master
I'm curious why they don't do short and long term counts here. That would solve the issue by having the stat loss timer based off of the short term counts. That way the reds get to keep their long terms to measure the peens with.

Maybe just make short term counts decay slower?

God.RG

Grandmaster
I have plenty incentive to not get statted.
Regardless, I haven't been on my pk in like 2 weeks because of this. Not deliberately ... more that I just don't have as much fun. just takes away allot of the fun for me knowing one death could lead to half counts
Don't die.
You're bitching about losing kill counts from miners and noobs (admittedly)0

ale1981

Master
Would the bounty board stats be better using something like;

total murder counts / times killed

or something along those lines, that way the better PKs would be at the top?