losing connection?

kristina

Master
Is anyone else having problems losing connection randomly? In a few hours of game time I lose connection at least three times. Tonight I died because of it.. not good :)

kristina

Master
I've played on two different laptops (that have no hardware or software issues) over the past couple weeks and losing connection happens on both.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
ugh same, not sure what the problem is? I guess alot of people are experiencing it though from what Ive heard in IRC.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Yup had this happen last night as well, first time. Froze but mobs kept moving, then lost conn.

Weird because it's not everybody, just some people lose conn at the same time.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
We've been getting hit with some slight DDOS attacks lately.
Could be why

Some One

Master
Yup had this happen last night as well, first time. Froze but mobs kept moving, then lost conn.

Weird because it's not everybody, just some people lose conn at the same time.
Same here.But its real random you'll play for a hour or two then dropped.

kristina

Master
Yeah I get the same connectivity being dropped behavior. I freeze up, mobs still moving.. and the wierd this is that my computer acts like its trying to install software or something. Like the Icon for the game bounces.

matsuki

Apprentice
Whenever I've had the issue you're explaining, it was an issue with my own ISP unfortunately. This means the server is still communicating to you but it never received your packet, thus you can't move.

kristina

Master
Whenever I've had the issue you're explaining, it was an issue with my own ISP unfortunately. This means the server is still communicating to you but it never received your packet, thus you can't move.
I know about connectivity issues.. and this is not my ISP. If its happening to others too its something else.