Meta Relics Question

bksdaduo

Master
Many things are not in the patch notes...

My post was somewhat sarcastic :)

I think the intro of metas as end game content has perfectly served its purpose. People with a lot of time invested and the gold available are the ones that have high level metas with nice relics.

Absolutely no reason to change it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksdaduo

Master
The real question here is why is there a progressive patch notes thread if bits and pieces of info are going to be spouted off in irc where 90% of the server doesn't sit 24/7.

You end up will bullshit threads like this one and multiple stupid ass threads in the for sale forum.

steve-o

Grandmaster
no comment on the qs nerf without any type of notice or any type of patch notes...

u can't change something 7 month after releasing it and hope noone would cry about that...

WHY NOONE CARED ABOUT THE POISON SKILL NOT BEING ABLE TO REGAIN?
WHY NOONE CARED ABOUT THE MAGERY SKILL NOT BEING ABLE TO REGAIN?
WHY NOONE CARED ABOUT THE RESIST SKILL NOT BEING ABLE TO REGAIN?
WHY NOONE CARED ABOUT THE PET NOT LISTENING AT 120/120?
and why would u nerf completely the metapets?

now they are USELESS! db is much more usefull because atleast it will listen 100%!

no comment!

bksdaduo

Master
no comment on the qs nerf without any type of notice or any type of patch notes...

u can't change something 7 month after releasing it and hope noone would cry about that...

WHY NOONE CARED ABOUT THE POISON SKILL NOT BEING ABLE TO REGAIN?
WHY NOONE CARED ABOUT THE MAGERY SKILL NOT BEING ABLE TO REGAIN?
WHY NOONE CARED ABOUT THE RESIST SKILL NOT BEING ABLE TO REGAIN?
WHY NOONE CARED ABOUT THE PET NOT LISTENING AT 120/120?
and why would u nerf completely the metapets?

now they are USELESS! db is much more usefull because atleast it will listen 100%!

no comment!

Nothing has been changed... but you did bring up the changes that DO need to happen. They don't even need to make them retrain, they just need to allow a skill scroll to be used for less than a full point.

steve-o

Grandmaster
NO if they nerfed the QS i want to be able to train my pet back to full for REAL!
i dont want to waste one single ss!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Things are a little bit out of whack with metas. Skill gain, relic effectiveness, control...

Sigh.

In the end it's still a head and shoulders above what we had before. So, fuck it. At least we have something to talk about right?

Jimmy

Master
ac1.jpg

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Things are a little bit out of whack with metas. Skill gain, relic effectiveness, control...

Sigh.

In the end it's still a head and shoulders above what we had before. So, fuck it. At least we have something to talk about right?

It might be, but think who gets screwed over by the nerf. All those new guys that came and donated several thousand $$ to get their metas and 120 taming. This server is shifting too much towards a pvp focus which I think is a big mistake. By shitting on the players that donate they will start to see a lot less of these donations coming in. I know donations is not what it is all about, but i highly doubt the pvp players will satisfy the server costs. The QS relic hurt nobody as it was. It takes near 200 hours to max out a meta pet, if someone spends the time they shouldn't have it nerfed without warning.

I am happy for the changes. Been looking for a reason to take a break from this game.

Stryfe

Master
It might be, but think who gets screwed over by the nerf. All those new guys that came and donated several thousand $$ to get their metas and 120 taming. This server is shifting too much towards a pvp focus which I think is a big mistake. By shitting on the players that donate they will start to see a lot less of these donations coming in. I know donations is not what it is all about, but i highly doubt the pvp players will satisfy the server costs. The QS relic hurt nobody as it was. It takes near 200 hours to max out a meta pet, if someone spends the time they shouldn't have it nerfed without warning.

I am happy for the changes. Been looking for a reason to take a break from this game.
Server costs? Pretty sure those are covered for the next 150 years.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Server costs? Pretty sure those are covered for the next 150 years.

So that makes it ok for them to screw over everyone that spent hundreds of hours in game working on their metas? It isn't hard to test something before you implement it. We have a test server for that. This relic was in game for over half a year and they act like they just now discovered that it did what it did. I don't buy that one bit.

Stryfe

Master
Was just a neutral statement.

I don't see the big deal though. Why shouldnt a 30m+ pet kill a balron in ~10 seconds? The spawns are already extremely camped, it's not like you're free farming all day.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
So that makes it ok for them to screw over everyone that spent hundreds of hours in game working on their metas? It isn't hard to test something before you implement it. We have a test server for that. This relic was in game for over half a year and they act like they just now discovered that it did what it did. I don't buy that one bit.
If you spent 200 hours mindlessly bashing UO monsters you should call the addiction hotline.

Maybe this change is a good thing for you. Fresh air and sunlight could do you some good.

steve-o

Grandmaster
to level qs it takes way more then 200hours

why noone cared about the shitty gold relic that drop 1gp from titans for months even if all of us cried about it?
i dont even know if they really fixed that relic because i dont use it anymore.

if you pet die u will never be able to gain poisoning.... we said it 1000 times and noone fixed anything!!!!!!

Duck Face

Grandmaster
If you spent 200 hours mindlessly bashing UO monsters you should call the addiction hotline.

Maybe this change is a good thing for you. Fresh air and sunlight could do you some good.

I'm not level 7 yet, I've spent around 100 hours on my meta over the past few months. Thanks for your concern, maybe you should check on some of your guildies tho.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Yep all the newbies cried and now the relics market will soon be garbage just like the egg market. Expect to see a lot more relics on the market soon.

Soon champs/RDAs will be a waste of time. Power scrolls are worthless, eggs are near worthless. Relics were the last item worth doing champs for.

I think it's back to regular old farming for me.

gg

I'm the first Newbie to CRY... it was absolute bull shit that so many abused the RDA system to get the relics originally and then those same aholes started to control the market by hording. I don't have any sympathy. Relics should have never been that rare. My hats off to the staff for making the right call!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I'm the first Newbie to CRY... it was absolute bull shit that so many abused the RDA system to get the relics originally and then those same aholes started to control the market but hording. I don't have any sympathy. Relics should have never been that rare. My hats off to the staff for making the right call!!

Who abused the RDAs? I thought it was just power that did that and they haven't gotten many relics since that change was implemented. Metas are garbage now anyways, enjoy.

Ps. Adam claims there was no change in drop rate.