Monster loot/donations

Dracule

Grandmaster
So I have been playing here for a very long time, personally its the best Ultima Online private shard out if you ask me. However lately the major players on the shard have been finding it extremely hard to sell items for lack of gold on the shard. I also have been a tamer for well over a year and farmed a lot of my gold from farming, I use to have a hard time just finding things to kill because of the amount of farmers.. Lately I rarely see anyone farming and I think this is due to that fact that the monster loot templates have never really been changed.

We use to have a few rares not to mention all of them but lets use the black book for an example, I agree with the staff removing this item from loot drops to make its value and rarity sky rocket. That sort of stuff definitely needs to happen but there also has to be new rares put back into the loot templates. All I see lately are new donation items being added which should make people want to farm more to buy donation coins to buy these new donation items. But I feel this is doing the opposite of that, Its boring to farm all day and only get 100k gold after 3 hours of farming... Were is the thrill of finding that rare item people will go gaga o_O over. Sometimes you find a skill scroll or magic item worth keeping but really that's boring, I have boat loads of magic items and skill scrolls that I cant even sell at discount. It feels that the shard is just to based on donation and donation items, which is holding the shard back from being what it truly can be.

This thread isn't being made to rant about how I need to make more gold farming that is just not the case.. That's not the point of this thread at all. Its to point out that Donations are being focused on instead of any monster loot updates. I am making this thread to talk about how the staff should add rare items that have really low drop rates 0.1/0.5% drop rates etc. Plus Add rares to treasure maps chests that can only be found in treasure chests or fishing chests, that sort of updates will make people more intrigued to play and farm in my opinion. Take Balrons for another example they drop charcoal sandals and ice white sashs these items are almost worthless but if the charcoal sandals happened to be a rare colour only found on Balrons then you know people will farm the fuck out of Balrons.

At the end of the day this is just my opinion, I hope the staff and other players don't take a negative look on this thread or a negative response as my only purpose is to improve on the current game play of UOF. The staff has made amazing updates and new stuff to the shard that shouldn't be over looked but I don`t feel I need to remind you of these great updates. Just felt that they should know how I and a few other major players feel that I have talked to thanks for taking the time to read my post.

noobs705

Grandmaster
Sounds good I also wish there was a area for pvp to group up like a docks outside of brit bridge i think it would bring tons of life to pvp

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I called this situation months ago when the tamers started getting nerfed.

I 100% agree with everything you're saying Drac. Im glad to see more people looking to push pvm rares, we really need something to farm for, other than stacks of gold. I really wish some donation items would be diverted to the gold sink vendor too, atleast that would give me a slightly..very slightly better reason to farm.

With the gold reduction on mobs, the addition of meta pets, relics, etc, that's all people are after. Force us out into the fields to find those 1% or less drop rate rares. Force us to grind gold, but not through 200k per 1k dono coins. Add some mini bosses, rare mobs, or anything along those lines.

All these changes that are happening are wonderful, and you guys are doing a great job, don't get me wrong, but there's a good reason ALOT of people have stopped farming for piles of gold.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I agree with you. I only started here in maybe June, but there were tons more items being bought & sold, and at much higher prices, than the past few weeks. I know that gold drops were nerfed slightly to help prevent over-inflation, but the current effect is a major drought in excitement for any item, cause there is just no gold going around. I think casual players probably farm the most gold for the server and the problem *MAY* be that we have less casual players in the summer, but either way I have noticed a direct relation to market prices taking a big-time dive in the past few weeks all of a sudden. Only thing that is a sure sell is a Taming SS or a meta dragon egg/relic.

Also, a larger combat area designed for group pvp would be cool. Not sure if this is something that should be designed from scratch with new choke points, walls to hold, etc but I think it would definitely be a fun thing to have. Or maybe some kind of pvp event like CTF but designed for group open-pvp, kind of like WoW's battlegrounds. It would be cool to have maybe 15-20 players join, split them up into two teams, and have them try to defend a location/other team tries to take the location, or something similar. Just short battles, maybe 20 mins long. Guilds could organize in there or solo players could just group up and fight for their team.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Sounds good I also wish there was a area for pvp to group up like a docks outside of brit bridge i think it would bring tons of life to pvp

docks outside of brit + no statloss outside dungeons = velly good.

we might finally see some more pvp then (other than reds fighting 5v33 on 10 chars in a row nd then logging out for 2 days)

halygon

Grandmaster
I don't usually like suggestions & idea threads as they are almost always to narrow focus'ed or try to make UO what it is not, but I fully agree with the OP here.

@Dracule makes some very good points and for me personnally, I would love to have some reason to be excited about farming a certain mob or doing treasure maps with my treasure hunter -- and i guess adding even more fishing rares is fine (they have too many as it is IMO).

asics

Grandmaster
I don't usually like suggestions & idea threads as they are almost always to narrow focus'ed or try to make UO what it is not, but I fully agree with the OP here.

@Dracule makes some very good points and for me personnally, I would love to have some reason to be excited about farming a certain mob or doing treasure maps with my treasure hunter -- and i guess adding even more fishing rares is fine (they have too many as it is IMO).

i posted a lot about rare drop on some mobs ;)

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Lots of mobs' loot tables have remained unchanged since the game first came out. While this is "UOR accurate", I feel a majority of the players would probably think that term refers to gameplay, not things like rares. I think most people would welcome a complete reshuffling of loot drops all around.

Retire some items for a while, make a different mob drop the Red Spellbook, change the color of sandals like OP said, things like that. In the years since UO came out, unanimously what has driven MMOs in general is the rares market in each game. It is super-important. And not only has this game been out a while, but it is one of the most popular of all time and has been over-farmed to death.

Also I think boasting a completely new & unique rares drop table for this shard would be a huge draw to new players.

asics

Grandmaster
different spellbooks.. different hued sandals..some hued mask... some BIG NICE DECOS .... some HUE for ETHYS!..give us some drop :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
I will say this: for a brief period of time I was excited to venture into Khaldun and farm some pieces of ancient armor to complete a legendary crafting recipe for a suit of silver armor. The thrill wore off pretty quickly, however.

Now I'm somewhat motivated to do champs and find RDAs because of rare drops/relics...however with the odd hours I play and RL obligations I don't find enough time to engage in these group activities. Not nearly as much as I would like.

Other than rounding up the fellas and tackling some group PvM activities, I find little motivation to farm anything other than junk spawn to level up my meta lately. Drop changes would do wonders in this department.

Did get lucky yesterday though, logged in to fire up a macro and guildmates just so happened to find an RDA. We scored a relic from Locke Cole. Good times.

Strife

Master
I will say this: for a brief period of time I was excited to venture into Khaldun and farm some pieces of ancient armor to complete a legendary crafting recipe for a suit of silver armor. The thrill wore off pretty quickly, however.

Now I'm somewhat motivated to do champs and find RDAs because of rare drops/relics...however with the odd hours I play and RL obligations I don't find enough time to engage in these group activities. Not nearly as much as I would like.

Other than rounding up the fellas and tackling some group PvM activities, I find little motivation to farm anything other than junk spawn to level up my meta lately. Drop changes would do wonders in this department.

Did get lucky yesterday though, logged in to fire up a macro and guildmates just so happened to find an RDA. We scored a relic from Locke Cole. Good times.
Which relic and are you selling :) lol grats!