Monster loot/donations

Dracule

Grandmaster
Any staff input about this thread? Would love to hear from the staff about this issue thanks. it seems this topic is like cancer no one wants to talk about it for some reason and it also happens to be something that would be a huge improvement for the shard..

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Demand for relics is hiiiiiiiigh high high.

Bunch of eggs pumped into the game from the last two events and eggs trickle in from RDAs from to time to time (mostly from the early exploitation of RDAs by a certain guild)...the relic drop rates I feel are pretty appropriate for "naturally" dropping eggs but for now there is a little bit of a void in the market, which is good to an extent. We don't want everyone's meta fully pimped out this early in the game, but maybe a limited number of relics would make for a good upcoming event reward/contest prize @Adam? Just to strike a little bit of balance and keep people engaged in their little monsters.

OH I almost forgot about the announcement of something like gauntlet from the old Doom dungeon and each existing dungeon getting its own mini boss. Maybe this would be a good opportunity for heavier weighted relic drops or some of the drop ideas that @asics, @Dracule, @TriXa, myself, and others won't quit yammering about?

I know the announcement said more details are on the way but can you give us a teaser, Adam? :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ugh, namedropping here but POWER found ways to log out in an RDA and log back in in a new RDA, hence they found about eeeeeevery single one. They found ways to do it even after they were somewhat fixed. They would show up to some pretty ridiculous places.

Not to mention you could (and may still be able to for all I know) find RDAs with the tracking skill because the gates themselves don't just appear as a fire eemental, they actually are a fire ele. I didn't try it out last night but I should have.

Granted, tracking only works for a few screens but if I know POWER they had a way to automate the shit out of the process. I suspect recalling on a grid, tracking gor monsters, auto screenshot program, dump SS to folder, and visually skim the tracking GUMPS for fire eles. Purely speculation on my part but I would not put it past them. Still requires some effort to do it that way, a lot more than just logging out/logging in to be sure.

However they did it they scored what, at least 8-10 dragon eggs @the flube ?

Talinos

Neophyte
Some good suggestions here that have become pretty much necessary.

I've only been back a short time and the issues in this area are glaring. I was very excited when the shard launched by their adding rare items here and there. It was a nice difference from most of the free shards out there.

This is probably one of the easier additions/shard enhancements to make and there really is no good reason not to put rare items on the loot tables. Establishing a good time rotation / a handful of items that would have a high demand would not be difficult at all and would make a world of difference.

There really just needs to be an overhaul of the donation, loot, and currency systems on this shard and they all need to be brought to a point where you have plenty of options in each facet. As it stands I no longer really care to farm because it will take me months of gold farming to reach a point where I can actually afford the few things I actually want on the shard.

I understand the difficulty in keeping everyone happy and maintaining a balance in running these shards, but again we're talking about something that wouldn't require much brainstorming (hell, a lot of it has been done for you by your playerbase).

I've spent upwards of 30 hours farming/hunting/exploring the shard in the past week and while I've seen a lot of positives, there's a ton of room for improvement. I've pretty much given up on the idea of owning a meta pet in the near future. Despite having a GM tamer that I spent tons of hours skilling up, I have no interest in investing another 300+ hours of farming (if I'm lucky and get sellable loot) just to afford the thing. The time investment leveling them alone is enough, and they honestly don't give a large enough advantage to make it at all worth both the cost and the time. Of course you'll always have people with far too much time on their hands maxxing them out at an ungodly rate, but that should by no means dictate how you balance things for your average player. As it stands, anyone who attempts to play casually will never come close to owning any of the cool new stuff. I don't see the point in making things only available to the "elite" few. RDA's are another very awesome addition, but I have only found one total in about ~5 hours of mindlessly running around the UO map. And even when I found it, it was challenging and took a fair bit of time, but I left with pretty much nothing. Again, something I'll not bother with again unless someone else finds it and invites me.

My suggestion is to make things reasonably available to everyone, but also increase the overall amount of pets/items/currency that appeals to your player base so that you still have your ultra high-end market. Pump out some more meta pets, create more skills (with rarity ranging from common to ultra rare), rares, etc. Narrow down your donation items to have less wearables (make wearables drops to offset) and more cool things like layering deeds and special ways to customize appearance, titles, housing, items, etc.

People need to keep in mind we're playing a 17 year old game with a small population. I know we like our rare items and cool unique shit for large time commitments, but I think more importantly we'd like to keep a healthy player base and active amount of newcomers and reasons for veterans to stick around. UOF exists in a unique time where the options for decent free shards are severely limited and that needs to be taken into account when configuring spawn times, rarity of items, price points, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Ugh, namedropping here but POWER found ways to log out in an RDA and log back in in a new RDA, hence they found about eeeeeevery single one.

Granted, tracking only works for a few screens but if I know POWER they had a way to automate the shit out of the process. I suspect recalling on a grid, tracking gor monsters, auto screenshot program, dump SS to folder, and visually skim the tracking GUMPS for fire eles. Purely speculation on my part but I would not put it past them.

Suspicions or not, that's the craziest "name drop" I've ever seen.

Trying hard not to derail, but... What can I say? I could sit here and say "I hope this isn't happening.", but its totally believeable. I only hope those eggs were removed if that accusation is anywhere near true.

asics

Grandmaster
i will be really more then happy to help\work with the staff and with other experienced pvm player about new dungeons\rewamping\new drops\loot table...
the server right now is really big, and the staff, have TONS of things to do..so if some player could help..it will be, probably a good result for give more fun to all the players on the server, this dont mean that the staff dont work well..just that there are TOO many things to do..:)

Granted, tracking only works for a few screens but if I know POWER they had a way to automate the shit out of the process. I suspect recalling on a grid, tracking gor monsters, auto screenshot program, dump SS to folder, and visually skim the tracking GUMPS for fire eles. Purely speculation on my part but I would not put it past them. Still requires some effort to do it that way, a lot more than just logging out/logging in to be sure.

THIS WAS MY FAVOURITE PART!!! LOL!!

See, players such as yourself shouldn't comment, especially when it comes to development changes in things like statloss, because frankly YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

And when there are plenty of morons such as yourself whining with similar claims, the staff listens to your warped logic and stupid ideas, no matter how ******** they are.

I think we've gotten 4 from RDA's total across countless RDA's (which we split proceeds, like scrolls with participating guild members), other from events. We've also only gotten 1 statue - meaning they're hella rare, and likewise only 1 champ rare, meaning they're super rare.

@Bromista , i think hitting that fat ass has warped your mind.

S

Shane

asics

Grandmaster
Auto patcher, as stated many, many times will add literally thousands of new items.
That's how it will be fixed. Some of the new random furniture and addons to come : http://gyazo.com/bfde559b01ba4fd79a02cadf08913fab

Once we get everyone updated etc and we will be able to create our own items.
Also a ton of new hues will be readily available.

It makes me wonder if people are reading our update posts or not lately?
http://gyazo.com/463a1956cb6eda78e167930a7a3ee542

this is great shane!

but please, dont just add items..make some "system" that allow player to get a solid economy..cause if we just add items..they will be fllooded too..in time..and if too much rare..ppl go crazy or bored to get them..i know its not eaasy..but you have the not easy role , the owner ;)

i really hope to get some of players idea get considerated :)...

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oh. Right.

I knew that. About the new client.

I trust you guys, kinda forgot that we just need to be patient. Maybe we all did.

I still want to know more about dungeon bosses and the Gauntlet, though!

Jani

Grandmaster
Yea, PVM has been crap lately. Less scrolls (which are usually useless too), less gold, rares aren't worth anything and no one buys anything. At the moment, I hardly buy anything, because making money is so much harder than it was just a while ago. I like this suggestion.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Ugh, namedropping here but POWER found ways to log out in an RDA and log back in in a new RDA, hence they found about eeeeeevery single one. They found ways to do it even after they were somewhat fixed. They would show up to some pretty ridiculous places.

Not to mention you could (and may still be able to for all I know) find RDAs with the tracking skill because the gates themselves don't just appear as a fire eemental, they actually are a fire ele. I didn't try it out last night but I should have.

Remember folks, stay in school. Otherwise you will be pulling levers and coming up with this nonsense.