No Christmas Mobs

i love the holiday mobs. they give great XP when training meta pets and lesser weaker ones great for meta dexxers

Isn't the % of XP returned to your meta based on the mobs health? So if you're farming ogre lords with X hp, then you encounter an holiday ogrelord with 3*X hp, isnt the mob no longer in your meta's XP wheelhouse? You'd lose a significant % of the XP because of the penalty of the mob no longer being within (your meta's HP) +/- (a %).

You'd be better off bypassing the holiday mob and gain SIGNIFICANTLY more xp killing 3 separate ogrelords. Not to mention that the holiday mobs also have significantly more armor than the normal mobs. Before you know it, your entire farming route is loaded with holiday mobs you "bypassed" in the last 3-4 passes through the area.

Can't tell you how many times (last month) that i've ran through the Abyss pass only to see literally EVERY daemon currently spawned was a haloween mob... Not just coincidence.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Isn't the % of XP returned to your meta based on the mobs health? So if you're farming ogre lords with X hp, then you encounter an holiday ogrelord with 3*X hp, isnt the mob no longer in your meta's XP wheelhouse? You'd lose a significant % of the XP because of the penalty of the mob no longer being within (your meta's HP) +/- (a %).

You'd be better off bypassing the holiday mob and gain SIGNIFICANTLY more xp killing 3 separate ogrelords. Not to mention that the holiday mobs also have significantly more armor than the normal mobs. Before you know it, your entire farming route is loaded with holiday mobs you "bypassed" in the last 3-4 passes through the area.

Can't tell you how many times (last month) that i've ran through the Abyss pass only to see literally EVERY daemon currently spawned was a haloween mob... Not just coincidence.
Your understanding of meta xp gain is off. There is a min hp of the mob you want to be killing to not get penalized. Otherwise you gain one to one up to a max of the mobs hp no matter how high the mobs hp.
You cannot be killing mobs that are "to high" got your meta. Unless of course its actually to hard to kill.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Tbh easter was one of the best.
So here is my suggestion.
Drop candy canes (or something similar) and have the harder the mob the more candy canes dropped ie. 1 for every 500 hp. Then you put out a reward take ahead of event showing rewards for top candy canes turned in.
So you have first second third 4-10, 10-20, 30-50 rewards or however you want to split it.

By having rewards determined by place you can't really mess up drop rates because at the end of the event only the number if each reward that you wanted to hand out is exactly what will be handed out. The value of the reward will determine how actively people seek out seasonal mobs and what they are willing to pay for candy canes. This creates a valuable drop on all seasonal mobs without actually adding any extra items. (Except for rewards at end). You can still keep the rare chance at a statue and dyes etc.

Would be a nice addition if it was possible to track kills or damage done and have a separate reward for that so that those actually hunting get a reward as well if the rich are buying the candy canes.

*I agree this method gives the rich an unfair advantage. However, this will also put a lot of coin in the pockets of those selling the candy canes and if all seasonal events are handled this way eventually the sellers become the rich and the rich will have spent their gold.

Yup i agree with @TheFallen .

Easter event was decent .