Not trying to be a Nancy Downer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahz

Apprentice
We got our selves another accountant ;)

Yea, well he chose to get picky about my obvious spoonerism because he wanted to imagine it was a real mistake...so i figured i'd be literal. :/ He's bringing out the worst in me. :(

Kareem

Grandmaster
Dammit, talking shit is like wildfire!

Don't worry, I complain all the fucking time and they are valid reasons. Like you, my complaints are concerning towards the big picture and the future of this game.
I'd say play for a few months, find what you love, then complain.

Nahz

Apprentice
Dammit, talking shit is like wildfire!

Don't worry, I complain all the fucking time and they are valid reasons. Like you, my complaints are concerning towards the big picture and the future of this game.
I'd say play for a few months, find what you love, then complain.

:p I agree with you. Although I will still stand firm on the fact that I wasn't 'trying' to complain. Maybe I failed! I do that in life at times, no doubt about it.

I'm pretty sure i found out what i wanted to know though. There are no direct sources of information to help focus new and returning players in the ways of additional content. Shane mentioned it would be more straightforward soon so heres to hoping for 2015! Thanks Kareem.

Kareem

Grandmaster
I'm not sure but have you read the different sun forums? I just turn to the Google if I can't find an answer that I need.

God.RG

Grandmaster
It's a community of people who take pride in being able to do things for themselves. We do research on templates and learn from trial and error. We don't get on the forums to ***** and complain. Why should I include my real input when you're only going to reply with more negativity? I've been here for almost two years now and I've helped out a ton of people. I go out of my way to recruit new guys and help them out.

Maybe you should have gone to someone like me before spewing this verbose filth all over the forums? Maybe should have tried to do something for yourself before making yourself look like a whiney crybaby here?

Too late. Be back to troll later.
This was awesome.

Nahz

Apprentice
Yea Ive gone through some, not all, of it. Its definitely been enlightening but even after reading these posts I can't help but feel like I'm missing something. My main focus is that I feel that a lot of players are going to feel this way. The devs are obviously aware of it, which is why I was surprised to get the resistance I did. I was just wondering if there were s way to go from being an organic pre aos brain to an added natural flavors UOF brain.

Nahz

Apprentice
This was awesome.
This was a little theatric, relative to the OP. It wasn't that bad and fattson took it out of context. I was only looking for direction to see if there was something I was missing, so myself and others could get acclimated more easily. He flew off the handle.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Well I was mainly talking about the part where he described the uof community.

People get defensive because this game and shard is something we all obviously care about and were used to seeing noobs complain because they died, threaten to quit, etc.

Nahz

Apprentice
I totally understand that. And as I told him its guys like you and himself that I wanted responses from; people who are fiercely protective of the shard. I wasn't threatening to quit or anything.

Garamoore

Neophyte
I played UO from 99-2004 and I've had no trouble learning to play on on this shard. I've been here about 8 months and have 2 accounts with 8 completed toons (pvp/pvm mixture) and it feels like playing pre-AOS. I love this Shard. These guys know what UO is suppose to be. I have the same experiences that had back when I played OSI, some awesome, some not so awesome. As far the shard specific content goes, I think it's great. Some of it I like, some of it I don't and some of it i don't understand (wow, just like old OSI). Basically what i'm saying is that your post is kind of silly because if people didn't like it they wouldn't' be here and as with all things, some people like and some people don't.

It's a great shard though, so if you plan on playing UO i'd stay here vs some other (prob won't be around in a yr) shard.

Nahz

Apprentice
Didn't say ppl didn't like it. I just wanted to know if they're were an efficient way to get acclimated to the differences. Its really good to know you've had a good time with it and have had an easy time learning it. I'm very excited to play and know this shard will be around forever, no pun.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Didn't say ppl didn't like it. I just wanted to know if they're were an efficient way to get acclimated to the differences. Its really good to know you've had a good time with it and have had an easy time learning it. I'm very excited to play and know this shard will be around forever, no pun.

use a needle nd burst dat time bubble u're stuck in.

it helpz.

halygon

Grandmaster
I can see a few people having trouble getting back into the game...i don't mean 'trouble' in a bad way..i just mean for what is supposed to be an old school UO experience there is a ton of additional content. A returning player could find it pretty hard to gain footing with his/her retro knowledge of the game when a lot of it has been custom-tailored.
I think your perspective of what UO: Forever is may be off a bit, which could be throwing off your expectations. Yes, UOF is a shard stuck in a pre-AoS period of time, but that doesn't mean that it cannot progress forward with changes. I like to think of UOF as how the original UO (OSI) should have been. So.. pre-AoS/UOR game play but with added features that enhance that game play instead of changing it completely. There are many new (mostly custom) features on UOF with a solid foundation of the nostalgia that you came here to expect.

Not trying to be a Negative Debbie, I am just wondering, for myself and the sake of others (and I understand the initial gump upon log in is very helpful) if there is a thread or source of information im missing to help new and returning players focus themselves into an efficient direction more easily. That is for crafting as well. I am to understand there are some very unorthodox crafting systems implemented (which are super interesting IMO) which could be deterring or confusing for someone that didn't dabble too much in post-AOS.
There is a tons of information on the ever-growing UOF Wiki -- including details on the "unorthodox crafting systems" that you are deterred and confused by.

http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

FYI, I haven't explored the new content so, again, my post here isn't to bash it..I legitimately want to know your philosophy in regards to it.
I recommend trying all of the new content as most of it is pretty amazing.

Hang in there, try it all out, and I guarantee that you will not regret playing here.

poogoblin

Master
When you hear about UOF..it is THE old school server with a solid dedicated team and honorable track record. That's not uoforever anymore, it's UOF. Are we pigeonholing people into another NEONMOONGATE shard? I hope not. I know Shane said that soon things will be easier for new players. I'm just wondering what the founding community thinks of all the after market bells and whistles this server has; is it Nah-stolgic or does it do the server justice.

FYI, I haven't explored the new content so, again, my post here isn't to bash it..I legitimately want to know your philosophy in regards to it.

At the beginning Shane deleted neon purple and pink sandals as a BOD reward exclaiming "We don't want neon colors". Since these exact same colors and tons of other eye sore colors have been put up for real money, hell even castles are hued.

Things have changed and this shard, for better or worse, is anything but "THE old school server". Those servers are out there, and have a struggling population so I don't really think that's what the majority of people want anymore.

Nahz

Apprentice
Thanks for the constructive responses guy. Im super stoked to play here. I suppose ill eventually figure it all out, good thing im tenacious though. I will sink my teeth into the wiki links this afternoon. Thank you again so much.

CVegas

Grandmaster
It's a community of people who take pride in being able to do things for themselves. We do research on templates and learn from trial and error. We don't get on the forums to ***** and complain. Why should I include my real input when you're only going to reply with more negativity? I've been here for almost two years now and I've helped out a ton of people. I go out of my way to recruit new guys and help them out.

Maybe you should have gone to someone like me before spewing this verbose filth all over the forums? Maybe should have tried to do something for yourself before making yourself look like a whiney crybaby here?

Too late. Be back to troll later.

I don't see it as trolling. He was asking for "opinions" of sorts. Maybe I wouldn't have made the post, but I also wouldn't have beat him up about it. I like new members, what can I say.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I don't see it as trolling. He was asking for "opinions" of sorts. Maybe I wouldn't have made the post, but I also wouldn't have beat him up about it. I like new members, what can I say.
I didn't want to. I made a joke and he called me stupid.

S

Shane

I really was going to leave this one up to our PR guy to keep up with but i am pretty proud of our players who stood their ground here and challenged the OP.

--------------------------

His accounts in game are two weeks old, his forum account was at 20 or so posts and although it is possible he wasn't trolling or fishing, the way he presented the post definitely came off as such, specially being such a new player.

He talks about it as if he has been here for a long, long time while portraying a self entitlement that he should be recognized by you guys as a veteran UOF player, but asks more of a lets "stir the pot and see who grabs the spoon with me" type question.

I was open minded to him until he posted this as a response to why UOF is the best:
Ha, I agree. It is, without a doubt, the best.

Is that due to slim pickinz' though?

Basically he is suggesting that the only reason we are "the best" is because there aren't any other larger servers going right now.
As the veteran player he portrays himself as you would think he would know that we have not only been the one and only server to take on, and over-come the largest, longest free ran server for the last 10 years (uoforever), but also many other servers that have popped up over the years, a few that even had direct goal agenda's to "take us out".

The facts?
Ultima Online Forever started from nothing, with no previous brand help (such as UOAC with IPY, IPY with WTFMAN, uoforever with RUNUO)

Ultima Online Forever has had the absolute most solid, concrete track record in regards to no corruption, no large economy wrecking bugs, and the best professionalism possible.

Ultima Online Forever is the only large server to continue to release and keep up interests even TWO years later.

Ultima Online Forever is something players seem to really enjoy, it no longer needs to be sold because well... It sells itself.

Ultima Online Forever has continually set the bar for all other free-servers. Before Ultima Online Forever, previous free-servers put little to no effort into marketing, their image, their website, social media or their brand. It was server after server of "that will be good enough". For Ultima Online Forever, nothing is good enough and there's always room for improvement.

Economy was an issue? We fixed it.
PvP needed work? We listened.
More PvM content? You got it.
Sell me 7x skill ball? Not even once.

With the facts above listed, and i could post many more, keep in mind this was all built while keeping a steady large playerbase that we have had through this entire time. God knows we've had some serious, serious bumps to overcome through our times here but we ALWAYS ensure everything is normal to the everyday player, and most players probably haven't a clue that these problems have occurred. That is because that is not their problem, it is ours. They just have to play.

I just want to say i'm proud that our players stood up to this and not only stood up, but challenged this mans veteran viewed questions as he is a new player here.

If someone has something to say just say it... What happened here is equivalent to showing a car crash, and a Chinese woman and saying "what do you think?"

It's portraying something without actually saying it, and that really grinds my gears.

Last edited:

Babethoven

Grandmaster
all I'm saying is....
the infamous quote " we will never be a neon shard"

strobe items......whhhhhaaaaat in thee hellllll made yall thought that was better than your definition of not going to "neon" colors....

1000's of other colors to do a bod hue swap
without being close to neon-like strobe items in game....

just recommending that, we need to see ice blue hats/helm slot items and other colors Already IN game before focusing on the strobes bruh.... X_x

Status
Not open for further replies.