on my theif and seen a blessed dragon egg.

Cheapsuit

Master
I wish everything was unblessed including runebooks and especially checks. I wish I had played UO in 1997 or 1998 when I heard you could break into houses too, but I didn't make it until 2000...I was literally the first ever tammlet.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I wish everything was unblessed including runebooks and especially checks. I wish I had played UO in 1997 or 1998 when I heard you could break into houses too, but I didn't make it until 2000...I was literally the first ever tammlet.

images

Someones gotta lover her ...

Dig'em

Grandmaster
I think there were some Easter event deco only dragon eggs that were blessed but were only deco, if the vesper invasion rewards are blessed that's some BULLSHIT lol

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Yeah, this game used to be so raw... it was fantastic. Nothing blessed, everything a risk. Consequences.

It's funny what UO has become. The 'leet' want the most grief with the smallest risk possible. "No trammel! I should be able to kill whatever PvM chars I want! But... hey... can I get a no cut zone? I mean, I want to be red and stuff... I just don't want the consequences of being red."

The blessed shit should go away. Bringing an item bless deed to this shard is toxic.

CarpeNoctem

Novice

This was hands down the BEST part in early days of UO. #ripbaja

Shane

Administrator
Staff member

Yeah you use to be able to steal house keys then loot everything in the house there was no lock downs or secures, things in houses just didn't decay so people just threw everything on the floor.

I've been on servers like this, they didn't last more than 5 months each time and that was like 8 years ago or more when there was 50+ thousand more people playing still.

Do a server like this now after all the WoW type hand holding games? You'll be playing with 20 people max the entire server's life cause no one wants to work for hours/weeks/months gaining loot in their house just to have it all stolen because they made one mistake by some new guy who just joined the server.

That's when people quit.

There's a fine line there. I think adding stuff such as bags of sending and insurance was that line crossed between having risk and no risk. Having it so absolutely everything is stealable though? That would completely kill UO FOREVER hands down.

As for the blessed Dragon egg, that guy put in some SOLID game time to obtain that, and if thieves think it's "stupid" that they can't steal that dragon egg on a character they macro'd up AFK in a few days, then i am fine with that and accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:

drasked

Grandmaster
I stole a boat rune the other day, but by the time i was unflagged and could recall it said i can't recall to the boat rune. Did the guy manage to quickly "change his locks" or are you just not able to steal a boat like that?

Shortbus

Grandmaster
I stole a boat rune the other day, but by the time i was unflagged and could recall it said i can't recall to the boat rune. Did the guy manage to quickly "change his locks" or are you just not able to steal a boat like that?
You should have been able to recall, however would have 0 control of the boat as you are not a friend/officer on the boat. You only would have been able to grief the person on the boat.

Did it disappear when it told you that? If so the owner could have docked it.

drasked

Grandmaster
You should have been able to recall, however would have 0 control of the boat as you are not a friend/officer on the boat. You only would have been able to grief the person on the boat.

Did it disappear when it told you that? If so the owner could have docked it.

It said something along the lines of; "you are not able to recall to this rune" (not the, you cant recall because combat message)

So i just dropped the rune on the ground thinking the guy noticed me stealing it and did something about it.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I started in early 1998, before the housing changes and the 'needs to be in your backpack' changes. I was in Moonglow, and right outside the city there was a little house that had a stack of about 2,000+ cloth bolts sitting against the back wall. I couldn't get into the house to grab them, so I used my scissors to steal every last bolt they had, at about 2000 cloth at a time, from the front door. Next week there were several changes put into effect. Made me sad I could not longer cut leather while it was on the corpse and now needed to be in my pack.

Cheapsuit

Master
Yeah you use to be able to steal house keys then loot everything in the house there was no lock downs or secures, things in houses just didn't decay so people just threw everything on the floor.

I've been on servers like this, they didn't last more than 5 months each time and that was like 8 years ago or more when there was 50+ thousand more people playing still.

Do a server like this now after all the WoW type hand holding games? You'll be playing with 20 people max the entire server's life cause no one wants to work for hours/weeks/months gaining loot in their house just to have it all stolen because they made one mistake by some new guy who just joined the server.

That's when people quit.

There's a fine line there. I think adding stuff such as bags of sending and insurance was that line crossed between having risk and no risk. Having it so absolutely everything is stealable though? That would completely kill UO FOREVER hands down.

As for the blessed Dragon egg, that guy put in some SOLID game time to obtain that, and if thieves think it's "stupid" that they can't steal that dragon egg on a character they macro'd up AFK in a few days, then i am fine with that and accept it.
I understand that if things were that extreme it would ruin the game as we know it today and in no way do I expect uof to even consider going there lol. Just saying I'm sad I missed the participation of those days.

On the other hand, I do think being able to steal ship keys and steal the boat should be fair game. That was even allowed during the trammel days. Just please think about it. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheapsuit

Master
I started in early 1998, before the housing changes and the 'needs to be in your backpack' changes. I was in Moonglow, and right outside the city there was a little house that had a stack of about 2,000+ cloth bolts sitting against the back wall. I couldn't get into the house to grab them, so I used my scissors to steal every last bolt they had, at about 2000 cloth at a time, from the front door. Next week there were several changes put into effect. Made me sad I could not longer cut leather while it was on the corpse and now needed to be in my pack.
This sounds like it was a bug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I do think being able to steal ship keys and steal the boat should be fair game.
For the vendor bought standard ones, I'd be all for that. The Galleons, costing upwards of 2-3 million, not so much.

This sounds like it was a bug.
I wanna say that's where the change was listed in the patch notes, but that was a looong ass time ago and sometimes I have issues remembering last week.

TraJik

Grandmaster
The door locks on a house were used in those days. People would just run around the map double clicking doors full time to see who left their doors unlocked as you could loot everything inside. This is similar to how people IDOC click today. It would always get you so pumped once that door flung open after clicking on several hundred locked doors. You walk inside to see that you were beaten to the house by someone else.

I joined my first guild on UO by meeting a guy that left his house unlocked on Ice Island. He came home in the middle of me looting it, revealed me, killed me, ressed me and then took me under his wing to join his guild as I was only a week or two old into UO.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I joined my first guild on UO by meeting a guy that left his house unlocked on Ice Island. He came home in the middle of me looting it, revealed me, killed me, ressed me and then took me under his wing to join his guild as I was only a week or two old into UO.
Ah, the good ole' days.