Pet Movement Speed....

Pandone

Grandmaster
Really annoying how many people fixate on who the OP is rather then what he is asking. I personally have not been chased down by a pet when mounted but if that is happening and pets really are moving as fast as mounted players that needs to be fixed. They should move as fast as paragon mobs, barely keeping up with players on foot.
play no cutzone and you'll see, pets without spawn are pretty fast (you lost them every 2-3 screen but they'arent sloooooow like factioned pets).
i haven t get why if i faction in the nocut i could have my pet trapped by unfactioners

Lazenby

Adept
Lol I don't have a "bias" against EQMS...what have I said that hasn't been 100% true about your guild? Just funny how much one guild can whine/cry about the mechanics to get stuff changed. Who else does that? And I don't know what to tell you about factions, I guess you are mad that your tears have been unanswered considering how much you cry on the forums about faction pet speed. Pet speed seems fine, it isn't like they sped up the pets in the no mount area. Last time you made this post I agreed that they were putting in too many no-mount zones. I don't even know how many times you have liked my posts, so don't act like I am not just calling it as I see it...and Sallos targeting is not something that should exist in UO, sorry. You couldn't kill a mongbat with it, Like I said, if you are so pro then show us by playing without a client. Ya, thought so=)

"learn to PVP" -- you realize we are the top faction guild and PK guild? Uhh factions are kinda dead, and a pk guild is a joke. Anyone that needs more than 1 or 2 friends max to pk is lacking...the only reason you have a chance against POWER is because you have 10x as many people. 90% of the server is like trammel people, and 99% dont even care about pvp or factions.
Funny thing is you are trying to expect the casual population that doesn't go on the forums or know who Gluttony is, that donate and play the game...you act like you are amazing cause you are on the forums/irc crying every second that you arent sleeping/playing/afk smoking...you realize normal people have lives that don't revolve around UO...not in EQMS...its just a matter of switching from one game, to UO...we get it, you guys like video games and it strokes your ego that you can kill indifferent people that are just playing for fun.

That being said, you scrubs should get more tamers and quit crying or just quit pvp if you can't handle the game. And don't talk shit if you can't take it back. You are just a really hard guy to like, really have tried.

halygon

Grandmaster
@Blair @Adam @halygon @eppy -- do you guys thoughts on why pet movement speed is so fast here and its effect on PVP?
I think it happened when this shard was created.

"And lo and behold, Jesus of SDS came down to Shane and asked him to ensure that his purple followers would always be plagued by the beasts of men. This was so to ensure humility in his followers. Glorious Shane acquiesced this request and increased the speed at which tamed beasts could walk to make sure the followers of Jesus of SDS would never be able to escape."

~Chronicles of Shane

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Lol I don't have a "bias" against EQMS...what have I said that hasn't been 100% true about your guild? Just funny how much one guild can whine/cry about the mechanics to get stuff changed. Who else does that? And I don't know what to tell you about factions, I guess you are mad that your tears have been unanswered considering how much you cry on the forums about faction pet speed. Pet speed seems fine, it isn't like they sped up the pets in the no mount area. Last time you made this post I agreed that they were putting in too many no-mount zones. I don't even know how many times you have liked my posts, so don't act like I am not just calling it as I see it...and Sallos targeting is not something that should exist in UO, sorry. You couldn't kill a mongbat with it, Like I said, if you are so pro then show us by playing without a client. Ya, thought so=)

"learn to PVP" -- you realize we are the top faction guild and PK guild? Uhh factions are kinda dead, and a pk guild is a joke. Anyone that needs more than 1 or 2 friends max to pk is lacking...the only reason you have a chance against POWER is because you have 10x as many people. 90% of the server is like trammel people, and 99% dont even care about pvp or factions.
Funny thing is you are trying to expect the casual population that doesn't go on the forums or know who Gluttony is, that donate and play the game...you act like you are amazing cause you are on the forums/irc crying every second that you arent sleeping/playing/afk smoking...you realize normal people have lives that don't revolve around UO...not in EQMS...its just a matter of switching from one game, to UO...we get it, you guys like video games and it strokes your ego that you can kill indifferent people that are just playing for fun.

That being said, you scrubs should get more tamers and quit crying or just quit pvp if you can't handle the game. And don't talk shit if you can't take it back. You are just a really hard guy to like, really have tried.

Nice rage essay about EQMS and sallos... please stay on topic though explain why dragons and meta pets should move as fast as mounted players so they can be used to offensively chase someone in comabt AND then explain why faction pets are slower than normal pets.

Garillo

Master
Just funny how much one guild can whine/cry about the mechanics to get stuff changed. Who else does that? And I don't know what to tell you about factions, I guess you are mad that your tears have been unanswered considering how much you cry on the forums about faction pet speed.

the only reason you have a chance against POWER is because you have 10x as many people.
you act like you are amazing cause you are on the forums/irc crying every second that you arent sleeping/playing/afk smoking

No bias here.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Its to the point now where you cant even post a suggestion because people will just come in and flame it because you're in X guild and you killed someone 4 times in one night so now they hate you and wish death on your family because you use sallos.

Please stay on topic and answer one of the following 2 questions:

1. Do you feel pets moving as fast as mounted players in PVP situations is balanced? If so, why?
2. Do you feel that its fair to have faction pets move slower than normal pets? If so, why?

Pandone

Grandmaster

lol lol lol POWER who say no qq on forum ahahaahha

Pandone

Grandmaster
1. Do you feel pets moving as fast as mounted players in PVP situations is balanced? If so, why?
majority of tamers would just die at 1+ attackers in a dungeon with spawn
2. Do you feel that its fair to have faction pets move slower than normal pets? If so, why?
no it fucking sucks and would be great if pet's velocity changes zone to zone. like superslow in no cut normal outside. nofaction pets shouldn t be able to /targetkill factioned innocent pets, it's no possible that we have to spend 100 donos just because some scrubs decide to trap your mare after some pvp in the nocut.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
majority of tamers would just die at 1+ attackers in a dungeon with spawn

Majority of tamers now either recall or die to attackers in spawn... never have I seen someone use the broken pet move speed ability to somehow "escape" a PK.

Not sure thats a good argument for broken pet speeds.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
you just got a debuff against $ with notoriety changes, now you're asking for another one? Don't those big flabby arms of yours ever get tired of giving handjobs?

Pandone

Grandmaster
Majority of tamers now either recall or die to attackers in spawn... never have I seen someone use the broken pet move speed ability to somehow "escape" a PK.

Not sure thats a good argument for broken pet speeds.

- all things were good when there wasn't insta remount but MALES must receive gifts every shard dunno why
- if tamer has 1 count he can t recall
- if tamer is 4-5 tiles away from pet he has to spam all come and pets ai is ********
- as tamer you can stay and fight back but you have to find a "safe spot" from mobs
- shame 5 deceit 5 and kaldun are places where's pretty impossible to control pets, even @steve-o can say the same and he was a $/toke/tamers fucker before being pvp tamer mofo.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
you just got a debuff against $ with notoriety changes, now you're asking for another one? Don't those big flabby arms of yours ever get tired of giving handjobs?

What does this have to do with $ or STANK or any other large tamer guild... this has to do with the broken speed of pets, why they are allowed to move extremely fast regardless of whether or not they were in combat and the disparity in faction tamers.

Still waiting for an answer to these questions:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
but pets don't move as fast as mounted players, you can still outrun them.

Faction pets are more likely to be being used offensively in PvP, so I suppose it's fair to have it be a bit more challenging to use them, one way or another. No?

Class up, boy

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
pets don't move as fast as mounted players in pvp situations, you can still outrun them.

If i have pets and im chasing someone, my pets will keep up with me so that as soon as the person is stunned or parad my pets are on screen to attack.

Pets shouldnt move as fast or be able to keep up with mounted players... their lack of mobility is what has always balanced out their high and sustained damage output.

Faction pets are more likely to be being used offensively in PvP, so I suppose it's fair to have it be a bit more challenging to use them, one way or another.

So we agree that pets should not be used primarily as offensive weapons in PVP but rather a defensive weapon.... then why do pets need to move as fast as mounted players again?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
they don't move as fast as mounted players though, if that's your only point then it's a bad one. Not that it's going to stop staff from catering to your fat handjob giving ass.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Have you ever seen a tamer on his mare run and his meta pet stays with him? Thats moving as fast as a mounted player...

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
yeah it stays with him if he slows down so it can keep up

Do we need to post a video to debunk your misinformation? When you run and your pet follows your it stays pretty much right next to you the whole time... faction pets dont do this though.

Still waiting for an answer to these questions: