Pet Movement Speed....

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Do we need to post a video to debunk your misinformation? When you run and your pet follows your it stays pretty much right next to you the whole time... faction pets dont do this though.

Still waiting for an answer to these questions:

1. Do you feel pets moving as fast as mounted players in PVP situations is balanced? If so, why?
2. Do you feel that its fair to have faction pets move slower than normal pets? If so, why?

pet stays within magery range of owner/victim for less than 2 screens, which renders it useless. It's not hard to outrun them, especially for someone using as many treehack style mods as you.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
pet stays within magery range of owner/victim for less than 2 screens, which renders it useless. It's not hard to outrun them, especially for someone using as many treehack style mods as you.

What the fuck are you talking about? Pet will keep up with owner for 100+ screens... stop talking about PVP when you dont do it, and no, casting EVs from your house isnt considered PVP.

Please stay on topic... you're clearly misinformed as to how fast pets move.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
In fact, the percent of this maximum speed you're referring to (which is still less than mounted player speed) is directly related to the percentage of hitpoints of the pet.

In other words, the player driven solution for this problem is that you can damage the pet, causing it to move slower.

Seems a fix (given that it's a felucca shard) has already been implemented. Adapt to it.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
So the reason that metas and dragons(which shit out sustained high damage) should be able to move as fast as mounted players turnining pets into offensive and defensive juggernauts in PVP is ________ ?

And the reason that these same pets are normal speed for factioners is ______ ?

Bobby123

Grandmaster
So the reason that metas and dragons(which shit out sustained high damage) should be able to move as fast as mounted players turnining pets into offensive and defensive juggernauts in PVP is ________ ?

And the reason that these same pets are normal speed for factioners is ______ ?

ANOTHER EQMS propaganda !

lawl !

EQMS must be so affected by $ guild owning them day n night .

Let me do a recollection of what EQMS has been complaining since they move over from uoforever to UOF .

-EQMS COMPLAINING ABT ALL GUARD ME SO Fix all guard me. ( checked)
-EQMS COMPLAINING ABT OVERPOWERED PETS SO Fix pets damage ( checked)
-SO EQMS PROPOSING GIVing MURDER COUNTS FOR KILLING PETS ? ( lawl biggest joke ever )
-and NOW FIX PET MOVEMENT SPEED ?

SO WATS NEXT ? MAKE ALL PETS WITH 1hp so they can kill it with a magic arrow spell ?

LAWL !

EQMS MOTTO IS " WHEN U CANT BEAT THEM INGAME , CRY ABT THEM ON FORUMS " .

lawl !

$ wins again !

Last edited by a moderator:

Cack

Grandmaster

lawl !

Let me do a recollection of what EQMS has been complaining since they move over from uoforever to UOF .

-SO EQMS PROPOSING GIVing MURDER COUNTS FOR KILLING PETS ? ( lawl biggest joke ever )

SO WATS NEXT ? MAKE ALL PETS WITH 1hp so they can kill it with a magic arrow spell ?

LAWL !

lawl !

$ wins again !
Dude seriously,...this is the best advice you're ever going to get on here..take a break man. You're taking this shit way too seriously.

Mairon

Apprentice
i actually laughed out loud the first time i was chased by a tamer in pvp. i had no idea until then that pets were as fast as mounted players. i'm also interested in staff answering glut's two questions. enough with the eqms $ circle jerk.

Kears

Master
What the fuck are you talking about? Pet will keep up with owner for 100+ screens... stop talking about PVP when you dont do it, and no, casting EVs from your house isnt considered PVP.

Please stay on topic... you're clearly misinformed as to how fast pets move.

Can you take a video of how the pets chased you for 100+... ok maybe just 3-4 screens away from you?

Very curious, as I have never seen pets moved so fast as to what you claimed.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Can you take a video of how the pets chased you for 100+... ok maybe just 3-4 screens away from you?

Very curious, as I have never seen pets moved so fast as to what you claimed.

Sure... if youve never seen pets move fast and keep up with their owner you must not play a tamer or only play a faction tamer.

Weland

Grandmaster
This is not the pvp forum, it is the suggestion forum so please stop derailing a forum. He has a honest question looking for an answer. Attacking him or his guild in this forum section is tasteless. I'm not EQMS but if you don't have a valid point or answer please make a flame thread where it belongs.

Bobby132

Pets definitely are not that fast as you seem to claim. You can outrun them easily, and yes you do have to slow down for your pets to keep up with you otherwise they will go off screen and stop. Any slower and it would be damn near impossible to go through a dungeon with them since they already pull aggro from several things. Please post a video where you are running full speed and a pet kept up with you, because it is not possible for more than 1 screen or so. Just paralyze their pets and problem solved. Pet speed does not need to be changed. On another note, giving counts to people who kill pets would be a great idea so it may prevent the excessive grieving.

Pandone

Grandmaster

lawl !

LAWL !

lawl !

$ wins again !

all qqs started with insta remount btw

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
EQMS never started a thread about 'all guard me' although almost every other PVPer did.
EQMS never started a thread on pet damage and I dont recall there ever being a change while we played here to pet damage.
EQMS never started a thread on the insta remount on a faction pet bug.

All of the changes since EQMS has been here have drastically improved PVP and the shard as a whole.... fixing pet speed is one of the last things that makes this server's PVP broken.

Pets in UO have always had the benefit of providing sustained high damage output at the COST of being slow and making the tamer somewhat immobile(aside from nightmare and other mounts). Having a dragon, death beetle, or meta pet should not mean you get a mobile howitzer that can keep up with you while you chase someone down. These type of pets should be(and are) great for defensive positions/tactics but the fact they can be used as offensive forces during chases is downright broken.

There was supposed to be some fix where if a pet or owner was in combat, pets would slow down, but that doesnt work -- simply spam 2 commands, and your pet is moving fast as fuck again.