Phase Shift Revamp - Serious Comments ONLY

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Well maybe the mages need a little lowering

No one has ever cared about mages until cino so there wasn't a lot of balancing like the dexers got.

mage talis take the longest to level. why nerf it? cino put the most time into the event imo and should get the highest score. doesn't mean mage talis need a nerf

ps dexxers are typically cry babies

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Well maybe the mages need a little lowering

plz no. why does everyone think score should be the only factor from the invasion to determine what's op and what's not. Nobody factors in how much time the player spent grinding, why? I think to get an accurate picture we would need a comparison of something like points per time spent, not just overall points.

I haven't used phase shift but from what people are saying it sounds goofy as fuck and I don't think I'd even want it in my talisman if it's teleporting me around randomly. I always assumed it was one teleport - to the mob you double click, and that's it.

Cino

Master
This is great if you want to do 500+ damage in a single hit, but the switching weapons will also cause loss of DPS so it doesn't do more damage or at least not much more if any. Also, running around with 40-100k worth of weapons is pretty damn risky for not being able to come close to Cino (metamage) in invasions.

I actually spent 1.5m in regs during the event.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Why katanas?

Have you read my other posts in this thread?

Again, phase shift costing stamina is only an issue for people that use two-handed weapons. One-handers don't lose any DPS as they can instantly chug a refresh potion right after phase shifting. For two-handers, unequipping/chugging/reequipping does not happen instantaneously, fastest I can do it consistently is around 2-3 seconds. That's a loss of a swing right there amounting to 100+ damage with a slayer. Also, do you know about resetting swing timer? That's another swing lost and another 100+ damage. So using a two-hander is comepletely inefficient and the damage gained for this relic is lost through needing to refresh making this relic useless for two-handers.

Loss of a potential 100 dmg with a slayer katana - phase shift is an auto hit on all leaps. I also only use gm made slayer weps and easily make up for 3 'hits' with a slayer katana. Invest in hiding + stealth and you will easily out damage any slayer katana in the brief time it takes to switch up a wep.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Only thing that needs changing is when archery is used. Phase shift will land you in some nasty spots because its hard to control when its going to proc.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Only thing that needs changing is when archery is used. Phase shift will land you in some nasty spots because its hard to control when its going to proc.

I guess the way to fix this would be to cancel the phase ability when equipped with a bow. Doesn't sound like bow is anyones top choice when phasing around anyways. Although the damage with a heavy combined with phase might be pretty incredible. I don't use phase tho so it's just a guess.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Well to be fair you don't have to only have archery in your template. I personally use a fencer archer. I don't know why anyone would have eaten a phase if they wanted to be archery only, but even with archery only like I say you can probably do some hefty damage with a heavy x, especially if it doesn't miss.

But yeah Phase Arrow would be kinda cool.

Ripstas

Master
Another thing people don't comment on when comparing tamer relics to dex/Mage relics is that we only have 4 relics. Tamers have 5. We don't have a choice to apply a different relic if we don't like it.

Cino didn't have a slayer book. Imagine if he had. I logged in and Cino was already at 100k points. I passed him. Meta dex are fine.

Not all mages have slayer books. If they did the meta Mage would be OP as fuck.

I out dps any lvl 7 tamer in rdas or invasions. Champs are a different story. The ability to poison field at lvl one of spawns is a huge risk/reward for tamers. Ps. That's how they out score me at champs for all you bad tamers.

Imo phase going to one target wouldn't change a lot for actual damage/score. It would just be a quality of life change.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Another thing people don't comment on when comparing tamer relics to dex/Mage relics is that we only have 4 relics. Tamers have 5. We don't have a choice to apply a different relic if we don't like it.

Cino didn't have a slayer book. Imagine if he had. I logged in and Cino was already at 100k points. I passed him. Meta dex are fine.

Not all mages have slayer books. If they did the meta Mage would be OP as fuck.

I out dps any lvl 7 tamer in rdas or invasions. Champs are a different story. The ability to poison field at lvl one of spawns is a huge risk/reward for tamers. Ps. That's how they out score me at champs for all you bad tamers.

Imo phase going to one target wouldn't change a lot for actual damage/score. It would just be a quality of life change.
Dont forget tamers can sell thier fully lvled relics with the pet and talismans are bound to one player.

dobber

Grandmaster
Are there any two-handed weapon users that are maxed out berserkers that play this character often and competitively at champs/invasions that could comment on this topic? Or has everyone just given up and switched to being a one-hander?

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Big 2 hander for phase and then swap to a single handed wep. I used a lumberjack as max berserker for a long time and it works great. The ability to chug pots at will and when I added tread really made the choice for me to change though.