Phoenix armor is breakable now... :(

Kith kannen

Master
Don't have a horse in this race but I see the point of the players that want it the way it was...it's certainly not "unbalancing" since the AR is shit and it's a bit more of a bait and switch then a balance issue imo...this is a "freeshard" but let's face it gold and plat have value and these sets of armor took a large value hit because of this and it's not necissary again imo.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
@halogen:

@holygon:

I'm loving the variations here.

scully-facepalm.jpeg

Razimus

Adept
Havent herd anything on this...

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/phoenix-armor-breakable-now.36370/

My phoenix suits AR has dropped significantly, down to 19 from 24/25ish. Its a suit I have used for months, without any problems. I can assure you its breakable now. Now, i am stuck with a suit I cant use in the field and I can not sell.

If it's breakable it's authentic, on Great Lakes the first player to show off his full set of Phoenix armor was Ungoliant, the guy that also made my coal armor suits, he confirmed back then it loses ar and breaks if used, which is why it has always been a bank sitting outfit and nothing more, and not even an AFK bank sitting outfit, dunno the town kill situation on this shard yet but yeah it breaks, always has, anything with AR has always been breakable blessed or not has been my experience. Reminds me of AR clothing used to give, at launch 1997 clothing gave armor points, cloak 1, robe 1, half apron 1, etc, which is why everyone suited up in em but of course that was taken out pretty quickly as it was 'too powerful' but made sense for mages.

Vic Rattlehead

Apprentice
The problem isn't really "should it break because it makes more sense" or because it was like that on OSI.
The problem is that people invested a lot (A LOT) of money to buy it when it was advertised as unbreakable.
You cant make people spend millions on an item designed a certain way and a few months later decide it changes drastically (for the worse).
I mean it wasn't OP at all, it always had shit AR. Everybody liked it the way it was except one guy and we all get the side effects from that unnecessary change.
Please bring it back the way it was advertised.