Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Here's a point I've made a few times:

Stat Loss:

Get rid of auto-buyback of heads. Leave it up to the person with the head to decide if the red gets statted or not. You can't take reds out of the mix if they keep buying their heads back. No need for perma-stat.

As a pk that has several red characters I loathe the fact that wanna-be PK's can get away with having only one red character. If you want to be a PK then you need to devote more than one character slot. The cost of entry should be higher.

Sometimes the simple and obvious solution is the most effective. This is one of those instances IMO.

Zergs:

If you want to control the group Zergs then here's the feasible way to implement it. Do something like faction combat where only factioners can heal each other. Now apply this to reds. Only reds in party can heal each other.

There are a lot of extreme positions going on in this thread. You've got the typical HI, Trin, TBA trammy types who want to see a boring ass Trammel that would destroy the shard. On the other side you've got the no-talent zergs, EQMS, who want the opposite which is a Trammel for PKs. Both extremes share one thing in common - they want a risk free environment for themselves. There is a way to ensure that neither side gets what they want which I feel is the proper solution.

1. you dont play any reds, you are on a parry dexer 18 hours a day.

2. u named off tba trin hi as trammy. when u are in the biggest tram guild.

3. the reds need a big group, i would find it bad if the red group was much larger than the blue groups but fact is your blue group is bigger.

4. your only messaging as a trammy blue that wants less reds, so u can do more free champs and get more handouts.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
I haven't been pked on my provo archer in months. I also do not farm in shame, deceit, despise, destard or do champ spawns. SL did try to gank me 6v1 on my provo archer in khaldun i killed 5 w/help from mobs heuheu

Swayze

Grandmaster
Wait a sec... you almost died 6v1 by SL? but EQMS isnt SL.... so you are saying there are other people doing the exact same thing? weird.

1. you dont play any reds, you are on a parry dexer 18 hours a day.

2. u named off tba trin hi as trammy. when u are in the biggest tram guild.

3. the reds need a big group, i would find it bad if the red group was much larger than the blue groups but fact is your blue group is bigger.

4. your only messaging as a trammy blue that wants less reds, so u can do more free champs and get more handouts.

Haha, pat on the back to this gentlemen. Hit the nail on the head

I think im going to get a bag of popcorn..

Lexington

Grandmaster
I haven't been pked on my provo archer in months. I also do not farm in shame, deceit, despise, destard or do champ spawns. SL did try to gank me 6v1 on my provo archer in khaldun i killed 5 w/help from mobs heuheu

The underlying problem. Let me join factions to roll in a big group.... Not to actually fight for factions but so I can go PK with out risk!

Swayze

Grandmaster
The people complaining in this thread are the people who are standing on the guard line at the brit bridge. Here is an idea... don't run out there when you know they are out there.

EQMS rarely raids champ spawns so wouldn't the benefit to being a blue PvMer getting those power scrolls that you sell for millions of gold? or the taming SS you sell for 230-250k a piece? or how about all the other skill scrolls that you can sell for 10-40k a piece?

It is insane to me that everyone complaining is simply looking at all the negatives... those are the same people with containers full of skill scrolls and power scrolls I bet.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i didnt sit here and read 6 pages...but why not make it where reds cant go into town. ive always hated this. i think there is just too much freedom in being red. i dont mind having reds run everywhere..just not in town. go play in bucs den where it was designed for

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Karl, two things...
1) no fun in that.. if recall macro was all you do then it puts playing against PK into the mining category, boring as hell.
2) either you have nerves of steel and no natural fight or flight reflex in order that your recall macro is so damned foolproof, or you are a PK and trying to make it sound like getting PK'd is a choice the victim makes.. aka its the victims fault.

1. If I want to fight pks I get on a pvp char, group up, and get in call. If I'm farming I'm there for loot not a fight.

2. I played a provo mage with no wrestle and no resist for a long time here. My recall macro is one key, and I would hit it as soon as I saw a red name incoming. Works 95% of the time if not more.

Guwap

Grandmaster
The underlying problem. Let me join factions to roll in a big group.... Not to actually fight for factions but so I can go PK with out risk!

Not sure who this is directed at. All of the factions are fighting each other for faction-related objectives. Well...with the exception of TB.

And weren't people arguing just a few weeks ago that PKing without being in factions was "without risk" because you could get gated out after being attacked because you "weren't faction flagged."

Make up your minds trammies. Or just keep crying about everything.

Jani

Grandmaster
I really dont see the issue is lots of ways you can combat pks or zergs.

1. poistion yourself so u can see them before they can LOS you
2. put a hidden/naked guy at a entrance/choke point so u can see them coming way before they are on screen
3. stop farming afk pay attention and recall quicker when u see red names
4. restock your 20 of each regs and try again (when u die u lose what ? a few hundred gp worth of shit)

Man the fuck up
Some good advice there. Avoiding getting pked isn't rocket science.

My advice: Make a bard with provocation, hiding, magery and eval int. if you die, you wont lose more than a lute and 30-50 each regs. Also you can use protection all the time and your recall spell will be more successful. Then you have hiding, so you can use provocation skill and stay hidden while monsters are doing the job.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
i didnt sit here and read 6 pages...but why not make it where reds cant go into town. ive always hated this. i think there is just too much freedom in being red. i dont mind having reds run everywhere..just not in town. go play in bucs den where it was designed for

Red factioners. Why does it matter if a red goes into town? They can't attack blues.

crazy-horse

Master
Its a growing shard, who knows what adjustments the future may hold. While it was small, the weird choice to allow reds entrance to town was made, if I remember, so faction reds could go to the TB base without getting guardwhacked. As for now, Buc's is probably the safest place for a blue to be.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Its a growing shard, who knows what adjustments the future may hold. While it was small, the weird choice to allow reds entrance to town was made, if I remember, so faction reds could go to the TB base without getting guardwhacked. As for now, Buc's is probably the safest place for a blue to be.

Reds cant even flag on blues in town unless they flag? (they get the same msg that attacking a yellow/gold npc does). Even if they could unless the blue flagged first they would get gwacked i dont see the problem you want to be safe in town dont attack reds...

What u want is to flag on reds outside town on the bridge and run into a 100% safe zone when u fail.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Not sure who this is directed at. All of the factions are fighting each other for faction-related objectives. Well...with the exception of TB.

And weren't people arguing just a few weeks ago that PKing without being in factions was "without risk" because you could get gated out after being attacked because you "weren't faction flagged."

Make up your minds trammies. Or just keep crying about everything.

Trammie, trammie, and more trammie. Is that all you wanabe tough guys can come up with? No one plays trammel here. Some play a version of PVP and some play PVM but there is no Trammel here. Aside from the docs... and of course the no cut zones for reds, LOL!!

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Let the players sort it out. Organised groups of players riding around killing each other is awesome, and is the reason people choose UO over the latest canned PvP MMO's.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
Reds cant even flag on blues in town unless they flag? (they get the same msg that attacking a yellow/gold npc does). Even if they could unless the blue flagged first they would get gwacked i dont see the problem you want to be safe in town dont attack reds...

What u want is to flag on reds outside town on the bridge and run into a 100% safe zone when u fail.
no..to me thats not the point at all. its a punishment of simply being red. i dont pvp much at all (although im building a few chars to get my feet wet with it), but reds coming in town is just ********. a red is a player killer, plain and simple. i could care less really that they travel in ungodly amounts and kill everything in site...get a blue group to counter it. i seen it last night in destard, 10-15 power reds and big group of GUARD blues to counter it...although i believe the reds won lol.. i dont know i recalled my thief out and didnt go back

crazy-horse

Master

Actually what I'd like is if you attack a red out of town and run across the bridge, he can pursue you (like now).. its fair, you're the aggressor.\
I have no problem with reds in town, myself. I've grown used to it. But I do understand new players seeing it for the first time being pretty unnerving.

K A Z

Grandmaster
WTF are you smoking.... Did you even play UO when the short an long term perma stat system was in place. It was far from trammel!

What we have now boarders trammel for the pretend faction PKs

that was back when there was no voice communication / people still played in internet cafes, and back when only a few people actually had AssistUO, wasnt it? Permastatloss would be a joke in 2015 and a huge turn-off for everyone who's not a faggy trammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.