Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

God.RG

Grandmaster
sorry mate but you just can't be taken seriously. anyone that just lurks on factioners field fights while on a blue, doesn't play a red or play their faction toon deserves no say in the matter. If the penalties weren't stiff already i'm sure you would play or make a red. i was in 48 hour stat didn't play for two days and glut has spent 100k in the past 2 days to get his head back. @Lord Hampton Royce & @GluttonySDS know what i'm talking about when i say you've been lurking on faction fights with random blues.
That's all he does ever. Lol.

Deriz

Grandmaster
sorry mate but you just can't be taken seriously. anyone that just lurks on factioners field fights while on a blue, doesn't play a red or play their faction toon deserves no say in the matter. If the penalties weren't stiff already i'm sure you would play or make a red. i was in 48 hour stat didn't play for two days and glut has spent 100k in the past 2 days to get his head back. @Lord Hampton Royce & @GluttonySDS know what i'm talking about when i say you've been lurking on faction fights with random blues.

I do play a red actually. And I was asked by Aem, and other CoM members:
"Can you get any blues together to help us with eqms, they are camping mag. gate waiting for us to go through'

Later in the night i got another msg from Aem
"Power at Hyloth"

Sorry I cant put together a group to combat the 7-10 CoM (best pvpers on the server) or the 20+ Eqms We faction when we have people on, why would i go out solo against those groups? Your post is an irrelevant troll post.

I like to pvp, and if there is pvp happening idgaf if theyre red factioners or not, you chose to be red dont cry when someone attacks you.

also to quote @GluttonySDS "Since when was a fight supposed to be fair'" How can this dude cry about me being on a blue, hes in it for the PvP right? And I fight their 20 people with 3 people on blues. PvP is PvP is PvP.

Ive been in 48 hours statloss before too, which lets be real here is a complete joke. You can have 21 characters here and they are a dime a dozen to make. OSI was always short term murders are 8 hours, and if you die with more than 5 short term counts youre in stat automatically. This is the way it should be It forces reds to actually give a shit if they die.

@tylermephis I know this is the first shard youve played so this is all you know. But being a red used to mean something, here it's just another character no different from a blue.

id have a lot more respect for reds if they actually had some risk, but since they dont all they are is another blue. PvP / Die / Res. Rinse and repeat. You might have to buy your head back for 30k, but you might also roll that blue with a 40k gold runic, or a 15k bow.

Again, the red system here is a joke. Short term counts and perma stat should be in place. Reds rules here are extremely trammy and everyone knows this.

Deriz

Grandmaster
Being a red used to be like playing hardcore mode in diablo (character deleted upon death). You play smart because there is something at stake, you could have hundreds or thousands of hours in short terma counts to macro off, and sometimes just had to bite the bullet and res and regain skills if you died.

Reds have it extremely easy here, everyone knows this. This is nothing new, being a red means nothing except that you grief people here. Thats it.

I just think one of the main issues is them being able to consistently come back after they die, and basically having no penalties for pking.

The system that we have now does work, it's just working too well at the moment. Just needs some tweaks, we are looking into different ways. It wasn't built in the idea really of a group of 20 reds all on at one time in the same guild.

Just growing pains.
You act like we only have one character that is in factions or is red

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
The eternal UO debate rages on: Risk free PK'ing vs Risk free farming.

The fair compromise is to have the ability to make a Red sit out of a battle if they get killed. With auto-buyback reds don't even have to cycle through characters of which they can have up to 21. If you can't keep PK'ing with a full roster of 21 characters then oh well. 30k buyback is a joke. I mean that's a whole 15 minutes of farming at best to cover the loss. Perma stat is outdated and will kill the shard. In the old days of perma stat you didn't have every guild sitting in real time VoIP chat. You at least had to IRC or guild chat someone's location in order to gank them. These days its too easy call in a kill.

Risk free PK'ing is dumb. The balance is at at least having the ability to make reds sit out of battle if they get owned. The reds that oppose this simply oppose any negative consequences for dying as a red.

Deriz

Grandmaster
The eternal UO debate rages on: Risk free PK'ing vs Risk free farming.

The fair compromise is to have the ability to make a Red sit out of a battle if they get killed. With auto-buyback reds don't even have to cycle through characters of which they can have up to 21. If you can't keep PK'ing with a full roster of 21 characters then oh well. 30k buyback is a joke. I mean that's a whole 15 minutes of farming at best to cover the loss. Perma stat is dumb and will kill the shard. Risk free PK'ing is dumb. The balance is at at least having the ability to make reds sit out of battle if they get owned. The reds that oppose this are the ones that aren't good enough to stay alive and are not committed enough to have more than one red character.

Do you know what perma stat is tard?

On OSI you could have up to 5 short term counts ( 8 hours each) after 5 counts you were in 'perma stat' for the duration of your short term murder counts. You only were perma statlossed if you resd with over 5 short term counts. So if you died in perma stat you could macro the short term murders off then res with no statloss.

Lexington

Grandmaster

On OSI you could have up to 5 short term counts ( 8 hours each) after 5 counts you were in 'perma stat' for the duration of your short term murder counts. You only were perma statlossed if you resd with over 5 short term counts. So if you died in perma stat you could macro the short term murders off then res with no statloss.

I'll add it was the duration of your short term above 5. Might have been 4??

5 short term rez with no penalty... 6 Short term, 8 hours to macro to rez with no penalty. FYI, Short term counts would only decay with in game time.

It won't have the exact same effect here because of the 3 account rule... but I'm sure it will separate the real Pks from the wanabes?

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I kinda remember the short term counts and all. I was thinking perma stat was like the old school days when if you died as a red and res'd then you were perma stat'ed.

timewarp_again

Neophyte
No anti-pk guilds around? To bad the TPM tower fell. Not allowing friends to refresh got it. Don't have much motivation to start from scratch.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I kinda remember the short term counts and all. I was thinking perma stat was like the old school days when if you died as a red and res'd then you were perma stat'ed.

Yeah no one want's that.... Adam was thinking of implementing the newer short and long awhile ago but the crying from the reds and threats to quit were overwhelming...

crazy-horse

Master
Its a game. Blues should be able to enjoy it, so should reds. Statloss isn't fun at all, and should be minimal at most. Personally, even though I don't play red, I'm against statloss for anybody. A better way needs to be found, but I don't know what it is. Something to encourage bounty hunting maybe.. something that leads to fun for reds AND blues. But, again, what would do that and not embalance the game in favor of one side or the other? I do not envy the admins' delima.
As of now, the balance in any confrontation is heavily in favor of the reds, simply because most of us are not so involved in the game as to totallt macroize our toons to do things faster than humanly possible. We do, as the reds also do, make macros to do what we are wanting to do. I don't care to fight (and I can't without my blessed vanq spear from the olden days), and I don't care to trammelize the encounters with reds by hitting an easy button. I just want to have fun, and if dying is part of it I'm good. Long as its not all of it! :)
Again, as the title of this thread says, I wouldn't be here without PKs. Farming isn't so much fun without the suspense.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Yeah no one want's that.... Adam was thinking of implementing the newer short and long awhile ago but the crying from the reds and threats to quit were overwhelming...
Yeah and I think it would be good to take a deep breath at this point and consider the fact that dying really isn't a problem for anyone. Chances are that if you are farming and manage to stay alive for more than 5 minutes then you have made gold than the equipment on you is worth. If you are a red and you die then boo hoo you either pay 30k (15-20 mins worth of time at most) for your head or you wait 2 days stat loss (bummer if you only have 1 red or not an issue if nearly all your characters are red).

Even now that I remember the short term and long term count system I think that is a bit heavy handed. Dying is barely an inconvenience for anyone. The worst part is double clicking kegs.

Lexington

Grandmaster
We should rename permanent statloss to ghost time... cause it's not permanent unless you're a dumb shit and rez before your timer is over. The only permanent statloss we have is for tamed pets. Isn't that ironic in itself. Pets have it harder then murders. LOL

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster

cool this isn't fucking osi, it is not 98' and you aren't the shards "best pvper" anymore. Adapt sir, i know that alliance is thick if you guys took 5 mins from doing champs/farming you could have a crew of 20+ pvpers.

A day in the life of Deriz consist him running out with two blues to fight 15 reds, two of the 3 get stunned & dropped, last one left standing(usually deriz) runs into a house.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
cool this isn't fucking osi, it is not 98' and you aren't the shards "best pvper" anymore. Adapt sir, i know that alliance is thick if you guys took 5 mins from doing champs/farming you could have a crew of 20+ pvpers.

A day in the life of Deriz consist him running out with two blues to fight 15 reds, two of the 3 get stunned & dropped, last one left standing(usually deriz) runs into a house.

Serious Question: How many people do you think we have in Rekt guild chat on a typical night? I keep seeing 20+ pop up in these posts which is pretty humorous.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It's directed at the multiple groups of faction reds that are running around in dungeons pking the solo PVM players. I guess it must be a new part of Faction PVP, eh?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any issue with real Pks... but the Pks running around with faction tags pretending they are real factions PVPers.
1. Rekt is a lot smaller than you guys talk about for one. We can get maybe 6-8 pvpers on a good day.

2. You are not being punished, the red system is a joke here and you know it. If you guys were true reds you wouldnt bat an eyelash at short term murder counts, and if you die and res you get perma stat unless your short terms were macrod off. ( Just like OSI this is nothing new) The rules here are more trammy for reds than anyone else.

Let the trammy red tears flow.

On a serious note, I think short term (8 hours per count) and perma stat if you die and res is a good solution. This forces reds to play like reds were intended to be played. Reds were spose to be higher risk characters. People here act like playing a red makes you good, but the truth is a red here is the same thing as a blue. There is no more risk playing a red than a blue, you just get to grief people more thats all.

Why arent you recruiting then Deriz? You had 10 people on their TBs our first week back and havent been on since. If we can recruit with a 100k join fee surely you can recruit soldiers to TB to fight us for free? Instead of getting on your TBs and teaching guys how to group PVP you choose to play your non faction blue and help out the racist CoM gankers.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
Serious Question: How many people do you think we have in Rekt guild chat on a typical night? I keep seeing 20+ pop up in these posts which is pretty humorous.

i'm sure if you guys took a break from farming/champs you could have at least ten. Then message trin & bad\hi alliance in IRC you could have a group of 20+. Next step would be for you all you all to get in the UOF's FREE vent and start calling targets. Sadly it probably won't happen because a lot of trammie blues have this massive pixel ego and refuse to work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.