Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
A lot of people are saying that reds don't have stat loss. Maybe they don't know about the bounty system.

I say, remove the ability for reds to auto buy heads back. If they die, and their head gets turned in, they should go into stat loss.

A new idea could be to remove the bounty system entirely and force reds to pay a certain amount of gold per kill before we can even res. This can be paid by any player (including the reds alts) as apart of some new bounty system. Forcing us to pay the bounty on an alt before we can even res up. Would be a good gold sink and end game feature.

1k per kill could work. This way even if a player has 12 reds, they would eventually not be able to afford to play.
This idea sounded good in my head but as I re read it, I'm not sure lol...
I'll post it anyway. Maybe it'll inspire something similar by more intelligent minds.

if you re-read it a third time it sounds even worse, -1

Radar Mile

Master
Short term counts. 8 hours each, if you res with more than 4 you suffer permanent stat loss. You know, like UO used to be? Everyone clamors for the fucking old school rulesets, except when it inconveniences their playstyle. How about you stop being a ***** and commit to being a murderer? If you die, tough shit.

It would bolster the market for bullshit skill scrolls like swordsmanship and wrestling.

Cack

Grandmaster
Grouping up? Yes thats seems to be the logical solution. However when you look more closely ten bards against ten red pvpers...really whos going to win that? hell even twenty bards/tamers against ten reds....i'd still gives odds in favor of the reds.
Pvpers think differently than pvmers. it something that has always been and always will be. There are those like myself that can do both but they are far and few between.
@Shane has a very perilous(no pun intended) situation here. If he does nothing...the shard bleeds blues. If he fixes it too much to the other end he bleeds reds/pvpers.
On a side note things like perma stat loss and such would never be viable today because no one wants to train skills anymore after almost 20 years of playing this game. If you implemeted this, you would see a similar situation to what we have now.

Radar Mile

Master
On a side note things like perma stat loss and such would never be viable today because no one wants to train skills anymore after almost 20 years of playing this game. If you implemeted this, you would see a similar situation to what we have now.

Really? With SS's and the fact that skill gain here is a joke compared to original UO? Don't get me wrong, that isn't a bad thing, but how hard is it to train a 5x mage considering afk macroing and multi-clienting is legal? Come on.

Radar Mile

Master
The fact that non-consensual PvP is even an option is something that sets UO aside from almost every other game. That doesn't mean it shouldn't have repercussions. There's a reason shit like factions and order/chaos exists. If you want to pvp willy-nilly, then let's put more work into factions. What happened to militias and shit? Non-consensual PvP should ALWAYS be an option... Honestly I was kind of apalled when I saw reds couldn't damage blues in town. But it doesn't have to be the go-to for PvP.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Short term counts. 8 hours each, if you res with more than 4 you suffer permanent stat loss. You know, like UO used to be? Everyone clamors for the fucking old school rulesets, except when it inconveniences their playstyle. How about you stop being a ***** and commit to being a murderer? If you die, tough shit.

It would bolster the market for bullshit skill scrolls like swordsmanship and wrestling.

and do we go back to less loot, slower skill gain, no meta pets etc? I mean if we are going to go 'real oldschool UO rules' we better just revamp everything, right?

Radar Mile

Master
and do we go back to less loot, slower skill gain, no meta pets etc? I mean if we are going to go 'real oldschool UO rules' we better just revamp everything, right?

No. My point is that all of that shit exists, so losing skills isn't that big of a deal.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
The Brotherhood of the "True Heros Under God" is coming soon brothers.

REPENT NOW THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DEEMED EVIL!

Messremb

Grandmaster
Longterm short term counts is the best solution, it sad that trammy PKs got it shot down last time.

Longterm counts last 40 hours and can be given anywhere. no affect on statloss just makes you red with more than 4

Short term counts in dungeons and PVM\newb areas. last 8 hours per, make PKs unable to rez or be deleted with any short term counts unless they buy out (1k per short term count) 75% to the person who turns in head, 25% to gold sink.

the no head cut zone just needs to be moved somewhere without houses or made so nobody (red, blue, or orange) can enter a house if the flagged. other than that its perfect for what its supposed to do.

this will pull reds that actually just want PVP out of dungeons, while allowing them to use red status to spark up fights. it also adds back the risk of Dungeon PKs that are out for your loot.

and most importantly it punishes big groups that run dungeons. if a guild wants to add 5 new short term counts to their group for one PVMer let them, they will pay for it later when they are group PVPing.

Anyways bring on the trammy red tears.

Radar Mile

Master
Longterm short term counts is the best solution, it sad that trammy PKs got it shot down last time.

Longterm counts last 40 hours and can be given anywhere. no affect on statloss just makes you red with more than 4

Short term counts in dungeons and PVM\newb areas. last 8 hours per, make PKs unable to rez or be deleted with any short term counts unless they buy out (1k per short term count) 75% to the person who turns in head, 25% to gold sink.

the no head cut zone just needs to be moved somewhere without houses or made so nobody (red, blue, or orange) can enter a house if the flagged. other than that its perfect for what its supposed to do.

this will pull reds that actually just want PVP out of dungeons, while allowing them to use red status to spark up fights. it also adds back the risk of Dungeon PKs that are out for your loot.

and most importantly it punishes big groups that run dungeons. if a guild wants to add 5 new short term counts to their group for one PVMer let them, they will pay for it later when they are group PVPing.

I don't necessarily agree with the finer points but this is definitely the right direction. People can ***** but with 3 accounts allowed.. seriously? Suck it up.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

I think 1k per kill is pretty steep, but I agree with the idea of 'punishing' dungeon pking more than overland.

Cack

Grandmaster
No. My point is that all of that shit exists, so losing skills isn't that big of a deal.
Well, if you implemented perma stat loss you would also have to change skill gain to keep the balance...otherwise perma stat loss with the easy skill gain would be almost the same situation we have now.
I think it is easy to just ask for a change without thinking that that chnge affects almost everything else.

Radar Mile

Master
Well, if you implemented perma stat loss you would also have to change skill gain to keep the balance...otherwise perma stat loss with the easy skill gain would be almost the same situation we have now.
I think it is easy to just ask for a change without thinking that that chnge affects almost everything else.

Not sure I understand your point? The amount of skills lost can easily be changed to accommodate what staff thinks is fair. And like I said, it gives previously useless skill scrolls a purpose.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Oh on the note of perma statloss, i was a fan once upon a time as well, until i learned that i can make a 7x heal mage for 40k in 12 hours.

Radar Mile

Master
Oh on the note of perma statloss, i was a fan once upon a time as well, until i learned that i can make a 7x heal mage for 40k in 12 hours.

Good point. Perhaps the short term counts should be canceled out with gold instead. Anyhow I'm just throwing out ideas

Nanashi

Grandmaster
"Does not the Rekt/Hi alliance have 50 actives? Why dont they group up and pvp against us? This is the same kind of b.s. that ruined OSI -- instead of people working together, they'd rather cry to the admins for nerfs(cough cough CoM). "

The only people crying are the ones at the low end of the totem pole. The ones that aren't in huge active guilds. The one's that randomly run around the guard zone looking to get a free shot on a red. Or the ones who barely started the game to begin with. The problem isn't that your zerg party is too high, its the fact that you will inevitably drop people from the server for treating other players the way you guys do on a daily.

HI for one does not have a huge active player base that PVP so much as group up and fight back because well...it isn't worth going out there. Our alliance with HI most certainly doesn't involve Rekt. Most of the pvpers in our alliance at times can get a 10 man party going but thats solely up to them. Large pvp groups isn't our style, I would much rather get a good fight going 3v3 or 4v4 and not just randomly drop a precasted flamestrike. That's not pvp, if you want that then go join World of Warcraft and battleground that shit for hours on end cause the parties are more than 20 man teams that aimlessly run around.

Either way, keep doing what you're doing and if the GM's decide the fate of reds soley because of you, than its ok if you end up leaving the server. Which we all know will happen because the game (Community) doesn't enjoy your griefing.

Status
Not open for further replies.