Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
yeah we should just get rid of any aspect of UO that people don't enjoy, great fucking idea.

"HI for one does not have a huge active player base that PVP so much as group up and fight back because well...it isn't worth going out there."

Yes its not worth it to fight for anything if you can just go on the forums and cry and get the game changed to suit you.

Radar Mile

Master
yeah we should just get rid of any aspect of UO that people don't enjoy, great fucking idea.

No, not the ones other people don't enjoy. Just the ones you don't enjoy right? Like permanent stat loss and KOS for murderers in guard zones? There has to be a compromise. Obviously staff agrees something needs fixing.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Grouping up? Yes thats seems to be the logical solution. However when you look more closely ten bards against ten red pvpers...really whos going to win that? hell even twenty bards/tamers against ten reds....i'd still gives odds in favor of the reds.
Pvpers think differently than pvmers. it something that has always been and always will be. There are those like myself that can do both but they are far and few between.
@Shane has a very perilous(no pun intended) situation here. If he does nothing...the shard bleeds blues. If he fixes it too much to the other end he bleeds reds/pvpers.
On a side note things like perma stat loss and such would never be viable today because no one wants to train skills anymore after almost 20 years of playing this game. If you implemeted this, you would see a similar situation to what we have now.

We are newbs in purple... many of us havent played UO in years and others have
No, not the ones other people don't enjoy. Just the ones you don't enjoy right? Like permanent stat loss and KOS for murderers in guard zones? There has to be a compromise. Obviously staff agrees something needs fixing.

Wtf do reds going in town have to do with any of this? Tired of being spit on in brit bank? We cant attack non factioners in town and us going in town just lets non faction blues try to sync one of us without fear of retribution.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Really? With SS's and the fact that skill gain here is a joke compared to original UO? Don't get me wrong, that isn't a bad thing, but how hard is it to train a 5x mage considering afk macroing and multi-clienting is legal? Come on.
Radar Mile is killing it, folks.

I once heard of a server that had character deletion upon death. Now that's srs bsnss. This? This is not that server. This is a server with easy skill gain that was built on the concept of having a low barrier to entry and allows three accts with a max of 21 chars per player.

If you can't handle the mere thought of perma-stat, then you should not be playing a red in the first place.

It's 2015, we are all much older than when we started playing UO. Most of us, anyway. No one wants to spend any more time than they have to training skills. Conversely, no one wants to spend any more time than they have to getting rolled by groups of reds with large numbers, skilled or unskilled.

Good to see them boys zerging on the forums. Responding to this thread in force!

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
"Does not the Rekt/Hi alliance have 50 actives? Why dont they group up and pvp against us? This is the same kind of b.s. that ruined OSI -- instead of people working together, they'd rather cry to the admins for nerfs(cough cough CoM). "

The only people crying are the ones at the low end of the totem pole. The ones that aren't in huge active guilds. The one's that randomly run around the guard zone looking to get a free shot on a red. Or the ones who barely started the game to begin with. The problem isn't that your zerg party is too high, its the fact that you will inevitably drop people from the server for treating other players the way you guys do on a daily.

HI for one does not have a huge active player base that PVP so much as group up and fight back because well...it isn't worth going out there. Our alliance with HI most certainly doesn't involve Rekt. Most of the pvpers in our alliance at times can get a 10 man party going but thats solely up to them. Large pvp groups isn't our style, I would much rather get a good fight going 3v3 or 4v4 and not just randomly drop a precasted flamestrike. That's not pvp, if you want that then go join World of Warcraft and battleground that shit for hours on end cause the parties are more than 20 man teams that aimlessly run around.

Either way, keep doing what you're doing and if the GM's decide the fate of reds soley because of you, than its ok if you end up leaving the server. Which we all know will happen because the game (Community) doesn't enjoy your griefing.

We arent comprised of PVPers either -- we keep the join fee low so that the lowly common newb can join EQMS and experience what its like to have end game PVP.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I think we're finally seeing the reason that the original UO rules included permanent stat loss, short term counts, and reds banned from guard zones. On free servers with low populations (compared to the original numbers of official UO servers circa t2a) it hasn't been as much of an issue. But obviously given enough time, the original issues will surface. If you can't deal with being banned from guard zones and suffering consequences when you die, then don't be red. Previously, people would complain that the above rules would break pvp and discourage people from being PK's. I think the hard truth has always been that if you can't deal with the repercussions, then don't be a murderer. Once upon a time reds were something to be feared. Now they're a dime a dozen. The balance is broken.

WELL SAID!!!!

Radar Mile

Master
We are newbs in purple... many of us havent played UO in years and others have
Wtf do reds going in town have to do with any of this? Tired of being spit on in brit bank? We cant attack non factioners in town and us going in town just lets non faction blues try to sync one of us without fear of retribution.

Maybe all them years of not playing UO has made you forget: reds can't enter town without getting guard-whacked on sight. Just because you can here doesn't make it a given. THAT'S my point. And while I'm not opposed to it, I bring it up because it's something to consider when people complain about how "hard" reds have it.

Again, to stress the point, reds do NOT have it hard here. They have it extremely lax compared to original pre-trammel UO rules. Which like I said isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it IS something to count when you're looking at the overall balance of red vs. blue.

Good to see them boys serving on the forums. Responding to this thread in force!

I agree, I'm just glad this discussion is happening and that people are taking notice!

Cack

Grandmaster
Oh on the note of perma statloss, i was a fan once upon a time as well, until i learned that i can make a 7x heal mage for 40k in 12 hours.
Yea, if you can make a character faster than your stat loss time...theres no point in perma stat loss which was my point above.

Radar Mile

Master
Yea, if you can make a character faster than your stat loss time...theres no point in perma stat loss which was my point above.

I sort of agree. Waiting out statloss is technically free, but takes your character out of play for the prescribed amount of time. Re-leveling those skills costs resources and gold. And time. And it's an inconvenience. Kind of a payback for being a red and dying to a blue. Maybe it isn't MUCH of an inconvenience due to skill gain being increased here, but it's more than just sitting in your house afk. At least you have to macro and commit resources. As a side note, if you're a badass and don't die you can just avoid all of this. haha

By the way I don't mean to come off as antagonizing. Glad these points are being made. Just my two cents.

Cack

Grandmaster
I sort of agree. Waiting out statloss is technically free, but takes your character out of play for the prescribed amount of time. Re-leveling those skills costs resources and gold. And time. And it's an inconvenience. Kind of a payback for being a red and dying to a blue. Maybe it isn't MUCH of an inconvenience due to skill gain being increased here, but it's more than just sitting in your house afk. At least you have to macro and commit resources. As a side note, if you're a badass and don't die you can just avoid all of this. haha

By the way I don't mean to come off as antagonizing. Glad these points are being made. Just my two cents.
No not at all. healthy debate is essential.
And i didnt think of the resources and time of creating a new character: didnt take that into account.
Regarding taking the character out of play. While this is true. If you have one red you prolly have 2 more waiting in case of stat loss.

Peepin'Tom

Grandmaster
Most of these whiners are the same people that EXPECT to win every event thrown at them and EXPECT prizes and handouts. Guess what girls..better work hard to win this battle.

Belge

Grandmaster

There should be some skill loss penalty for reds, much like the skill loss for meta pets. Why should my provo tamer pay 50k+ in skill scrolls to regain those skills when my meta pet dies, those skills can't be re-trained i.e poison, without investing and eating skill scrolls. Reds that just want to grief PVMers should have some kinda of financial ramifications as well..

Fattson

Grandmaster
#crafting

In all seriousity, what's the issue? EQMS has been on uof before. Yes, they roll deep.

Roll deeper. Roll on blues. Roll with facctioners. Roll deep on blue factioners. Figure it out.

Also, important to note that I did not read every post in the thread. It's kinda long and I'm sleepy. Apologies.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
@Shane @Adam
You realise that target closest macros in sallos, razor and steam are the problem here? Most EQMS wouldn't even be able to target even if it sat still for 5 seconds. Can't have 15 disabled children mass fs a target without these macros.

Don't mess up the shard, pvp is finally working since you made a stat free zone for pvp etc.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I don't think I've ever been killed by EQMS. I hardly see them. But if it's causing people to log in less or just quit, then I'm all for some adjustments. The truth is, the Murderer system has needed some change for a long time, and if this is the excuse to get it done then so be it.

You know the system needs adjustment when PK's macro kills AFK at a shrine...
You know the system needs adjustment when the most annoying part of dying on one of my reds is rezing my beetle...
You know the system needs adjustment when a huge group of reds roll out with mostly Flamestrike scrolls and hardly any other loot because dying means so little to them...

I'm not going to go on a tirade about the good ol' days. But being an active red does not have the respect that it should. And the way to give it that respect is to have dying actually mean something. But I don't think perma stat loss is the solution, that's for sure.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Here is a little idea that might help and applies only to dungeons *not champ spawns, open areas such as housing areas and towns* people who are tagged as a murderer will have their stats reduced while hunting in dungeons. For example : a 5-10% reduction in stats. This effect only applies when in dungeons and also provides a risk vs reward factor. That's about all I can think of which would not punish everyone that badly. *Also, disallow tracking on any red character*

tader

Expert
perma statloss will make this shard trammel
You kids love to throw out that word trammel. Do you even know what it was. Do you even know the game before the shards were split? Here is a clue. Perm stat loss exsisted before trammel and was a determinant and built in punishment for murdering. Keep believeing everything you don't like is trammel but seriously look at the protections given to murders, head but backs no cut zones no stat loss unless head is recovered and turned in, free use of all banks and towns. That is closer to trammel than anything else on the shard.

Status
Not open for further replies.