Scripting Contest: Solve the Drinn Problem 5K Dono reward

De Medici

Grandmaster
Hi Coders!

After the Stuff Member Drinn suggested an "Anti-PK Escape Macro" I unfourtunatly noticed that it is not feasible for the king class of PVM: The Tamers. An Anti-PK-Escape-Macro is a Macro which automatically recalls out of the dungeon in the moment a pk enters your screen and is quicker than the biggest ritalin head can hit his hotkey.

The original macro posted by Drinn is:

@Getenemy 'murderer'
if @findobject 'enemy'
// Recall to home
useobject 0x406afe4f
waitforgump 0x554b87f3 15000
replygump 0x554b87f3 5
endif

The idea was to loop that macro and get pk protection.

That original macro is not feasible for any pvm class at all for the reason, that steam inserts any mob you are fighting against as enemy (tested). The result is that it auto recalls home in the moment you start fighting aigainst ANY mob (grey or red).

For that reason I changed the Script to:

@Getfriend 'murderer'
if @findobject 'friend'
// Recall to home
useobject 0x406afe4f
replygump 0x554b87f3 5
endif

By using the alias friend instead of enemy the script (of course) doesnt insert mobs you are farming in the object you will test for existence, because mobs you are fighting wont be inserted in the object friend, obviously.

That script works for ALL PVM classes except of tamers. The problem is that pets will be recognized as friends in the moment you heal them (tested), but not before. After inserting the pets as friend it perma recalls home.

After having long discussions with several stuff members we couldn´t find any solution but we still think there should be a way to solve the problem.

1. There is no other way that a steam script can automatically notice the presence of a pk than "Getalias 'murderer' (loop).

2. As Alias u can only use only friend or enemy (for the Get command).

3. In my opinion the only solution is to clear the array/list of foundobjects 'enemies/friends' right BEFORE u add the pk in that list (looping).

clearobject 'friends'
@Getfriend 'murderer'
if @findobject 'friend'
// Recall to home
useobject 0x406afe4f
replygump 0x554b87f3 5
endif

(loop)

Unfortunatly I dont know what the clearobject 'friends' command is nor if it exists at all.

Because Drinn was the first one who posted an auto PK-Escape script, I call this the "Drinn Problem" ;-).

If u can provide a working script which auto recalls when a pk comes in your screen area, which is feasible for tamers you get 3K Dono Coins as little extra motivation.

Good luck Coders!

Last edited by a moderator:

Arton

Neophyte
Would adding a filter like this work?

@Getfriend 'murderer'
if @findobject 'friend' 'humanoid'
// Recall to home
useobject 0x406afe4f
replygump 0x554b87f3 5
endif

De Medici

Grandmaster
Dam nobody seemed to know that command so i expected it does not exist. I will test it tommorow its very late here in germany :). Thx a lot blair

De Medici

Grandmaster
L
Would adding a filter like this work?

@Getfriend 'murderer'
if @findobject 'friend' 'humanoid'
// Recall to home
useobject 0x406afe4f
replygump 0x554b87f3 5
endif

Looks good i will check it

Wyntr

Master
Try adding this at the beginning of script:

ignoreobject (serial)

Just add in your pet serial number where it says serial. You would have to make a line for each pet. Don't know if it will work but worth a try.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure this is totally against the rules

"Players may not use any automation scripts while pvping or in any game setting. This includes; Potion throwing, auto potion usage, auto trap pouch usage and more.... No automation will be tolerated!"

I honestly have no idea how or why a staff member would even post that script in the first place. Using scripting to recall faster than a normal person's reaction time would allow and without having to hit any keys at all sounds highly illegal.

Experience

Grandmaster
Done: @De Medici

if not findalias 'Escape Book'
promptalias 'Escape Book'
endif
@unsetalias 'enemy'
getenemy 'murderer' 'humanoid' 'closest'
while @inrange 'enemy' 20
msg 'All Stop'
msg 'All Follow Me'
cast 'recall'
autotargetobject 'Escape Book'
pause 2000
endwhile

Last edited by a moderator:

Experience

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure this is totally against the rules

"Players may not use any automation scripts while pvping or in any game setting. This includes; Potion throwing, auto potion usage, auto trap pouch usage and more.... No automation will be tolerated!"

I honestly have no idea how or why a staff member would even post that script in the first place. Using scripting to recall faster than a normal person's reaction time would allow and without having to hit any keys at all sounds highly illegal.
This is merely to escape pvp...I have seen the staff themselves encourage scripts for this task

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
If a red or group of reds runs up on you in a dungeon, it's almost guaranteed that their intentions are to engage you in combat. And you're saying if you use this script to, without having to press any buttons, recall out faster than normal human reaction time, it doesn't affect pvp? I'm curious then, exactly when would you consider it pvp? Once they flag you in combat? If that's the case, how long before all the PKs start running similar scripts that automatically flag any blue that comes on their screen? Then you are both engaged in PvP, and your script is illegal. If you don't consider simply being flagged in combat as PvP, then where do you draw the line?

i'd be interested to hear @Shane 's view on this.

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
^
I would say the fact that PKs can auto target / attack to flag you in combat, thus negating your ability to recall before they have even hit you, is pretty bullcrap too.

Experience

Grandmaster
If a red or group of reds runs up on you in a dungeon, it's almost guaranteed that their intentions are to engage you in combat. And you're saying if you use this script to, without having to press any buttons, recall out faster than normal human reaction time, it doesn't affect pvp? I'm curious then, exactly when would you consider it pvp? Once they flag you in combat? If that's the case, how long before all the PKs start running similar scripts that automatically flag any blue that comes on their screen? Then you are both engaged in PvP, and your script is illegal. If you don't consider simply being flagged in combat as PvP, then where do you draw the line?

i'd be interested to hear @Shane 's view on this.
It may techincally be PVP when a PK attacks a PVM char or a legion of spell spamming douches pre-cast/auto target. But that is not the definition of PVP (atleast to me). PVP is when 2 characters actually plan to fight or have the ability to engage in a fair fight. not PKing or griefing which is the scenario we are discussing.

And if you think pk's aren't running around with auto attack/target macros like this you're WAY behind the UOF PK scene....

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
It may techincally be PVP when a PK attacks a PVM char or a legion of spell spamming douches pre-cast/auto target. But that is not the definition of PVP (atleast to me). PVP is when 2 characters actually plan to fight or have the ability to engage in a fair fight. not PKing or griefing which is the scenario we are discussing.

And if you think pk's aren't running around with auto attack/target macros like this you're WAY behind the UOF PK scene....

Even if it's non consensual, it's still PvP. And no, I don't think PKs are, right now, running around with scripts that automatically target and flag any blue name the instant it appears on their screen. Why? Because it's already super easy and quick to have a hot key or two for target closest innocent humanoid and attack last target. What is being presented in this thread is MUCH more complex and requires ZERO work on the part of the user. If scripts like this become widespread, THEN I would expect PKs will resort to something that auto flags the millisecond a blue name appears, especially due to the fact that some blues when flagged will not have the ability to recall anymore, though I guess I wouldn't be surprised if some people were already using them.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
i dont understand if u use protection or w/e u have probably a 70% chance to get a recall off even if they hit you and thats if u dont notice the red until they are ontop of you.

IMO if u dont see them as soon as they come on screen chances are u are afk farming

De Medici

Grandmaster
@Arton @Experience

Iam sry I didnt had the time time to ch3ck the scripts cause i have to work and travel fucking a lot atm. Tommorow I will have time. Thx for your ideas.

@ crybabies

Pls go crying in an other thread this here is for people interested in coding with steam.

Thanks