Short and Long Term Murder Counts!!

Lexington

Grandmaster
Sometimes I think we try to re-invent to wheel too often??

Get rid of all the custom content in relation to stat loss, murder counts, red faction concessions and just implement the only stat loss system that ever worked. Short and long term murder counts. The kind that only decay while in game and result in permanent stat loss if you rez with any short term. If you played before you know the system I'm talking about...........

Spida

Neophyte
Haven't played in a long time. Actually just trying to get back into the game, but as an old school red from Baja I remember this setting. Worked great!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Lexington

Grandmaster
Haven't played in a long time. Actually just trying to get back into the game, but as an old school red from Baja I remember this setting. Worked great!

It works for all types of Reds... even Faction Reds.

K A Z

Grandmaster
this worked really well on Defiance where you'd only get shortterms inside of dungeons. I though think that with voice chat, cut-off runes and massive zergs systems like that do more harm than good. I'd be in for extended Statloss in certain zones, though. If you get caught in Despise 1 you should be statlossed instantly for atleast a fucking week.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I like the system they have now, but I would like to see it tweaked slightly.

I think they should bring back short term counts as you say, but only apply them in dungeons, PVM, and noob locations.
then increase the stat for each short term count to like 1-2 hours each.

that way if your farming bards and noobs you will suffer big stat and if your providing fun mostly consensual PVP you wont.

also they should return the bounty cap to 50k.

if they put in perma stat loss I don't think it will affect much as most PVP builds take less than 18 hours to make. (I think poisoning and inscription are the only exceptions to this). so perma statloss will just increase Heal mage numbers as they can re-GM in like 5 hours...

Lexington

Grandmaster
I like the system they have now, but I would like to see it tweaked slightly.

I think they should bring back short term counts as you say, but only apply them in dungeons, PVM, and noob locations.
then increase the stat for each short term count to like 1-2 hours each.

that way if your farming bards and noobs you will suffer big stat and if your providing fun mostly consensual PVP you wont.

also they should return the bounty cap to 50k.

if they put in perma stat loss I don't think it will affect much as most PVP builds take less than 18 hours to make. (I think poisoning and inscription are the only exceptions to this). so perma statloss will just increase Heal mage numbers as they can re-GM in like 5 hours...

You can't limit short term counts to certain areas. That would increase the blue slaughter on the shard.

You only take perma stat loss if you rez with short term counts... I don't care how easy it is to re GM everything here, no one will ever rez and take perma stat loss. They will all macro off the counts.

Messremb

Grandmaster
You can't limit short term counts to certain areas. That would increase the blue slaughter on the shard.

You only take perma stat loss if you rez with short term counts... I don't care how easy it is to re GM everything here, no one will ever rez and take perma stat loss. They will all macro off the counts.

How exactly does it increase blue slaughter?

also I think you underestimate people, many will rez and retrain their skills. perma stat on OSI worked cause skills were hard to gain. when skills are easy to gain it loses its affect.

Lexington

Grandmaster
How exactly does it increase blue slaughter?

With the short and long term system every time you would took a murder count you took one short term count that lasted for 4 or 8 hours (can’t remember this exactly), and one long term count that lasted for 40 hours. The long term counts if over 4 turned you red. It was the short term counts that put you in a stat loss situation. If you rezed with even one short term you took permanent stat loss. You could rez anytime without penalty if you had a 0 short term count. So basically if you make it so UOF only has few areas that give out short term counts what is to stop PK’s from killing in every other area without consequences?

Messremb

Grandmaster
That's exactly my point it pulls reds out of dungeons and noob areas and forces them into the over world where they are more likely to run into Blues capable of PVP. i love stirring up trouble on my red. i go somewhere near a town and kill\attack someone and blues show up to fight me. that is fun PVP and Mostly consensual. do i deserve 2 day stat for providing those blues looking for action some PVP? am i farming bards or noobs? am i running off new players? the fact is not all reds are PKs that run dungeons. i personally hate running dungeons i find it easier than PVM. i am red cause i want to attack that blue healing the guy attacking me, or that guy griefing my friends.

also short term counts were 8 hours, and you only took stat if you had 5 short term murder counts.

Spida

Neophyte
He's right. I spent a lot of time in Buc's Den, or afk as a ghost until I decided it didn't matter anymore.

Mr Pain

Apprentice
In my opinion the current system is just too easy mode.

At the very least get rid of the gold cap on bounties. If I'm correct the current cap is 20k, and that's just too low.

Let the "free market" take care of it, and let there be greater financial risk in getting killed while being a murderer.

The short/long system could work fine too.

Vagingo

Neophyte
perma stat loss would prolly be better for reds than the system now. perma stat loss on osi wasnt 40 percent like the stat loss here it was a few percent depending on how many shorts you had. could prolly macro it up in an hour.

Kith kannen

Master
I was Zorn at launch, and Marty for a few years later. Ran in NPK, and started running with LoD.

;) LoD I'm quite familiar with...Kai and Blackbird came from my guild...deffinately some strong pvpers in that group..I believe I remember seeing a Marty running those tags.

Sarphus

Journeyman
Sometimes I think we try to re-invent to wheel too often??

Get rid of all the custom content in relation to stat loss, murder counts, red faction concessions and just implement the only stat loss system that ever worked. Short and long term murder counts. The kind that only decay while in game and result in permanent stat loss if you rez with any short term. If you played before you know the system I'm talking about...........

I played under the OSI statloss system you're talking about. I definitely prefer the statloss system here over that system.

Lexington

Grandmaster
perma stat loss would prolly be better for reds than the system now. perma stat loss on osi wasnt 40 percent like the stat loss here it was a few percent depending on how many shorts you had. could prolly macro it up in an hour.

So you would rez take stat loss.... and macro resist, magery, poisoning, alchemy, scribe and so on in an hour?

halygon

Grandmaster
So you would rez take stat loss.... and macro resist, magery, poisoning, alchemy, scribe and so on in an hour?
There's no way any of those could be macro'd in an hour back in the day on OSI.

That said, It's curious how it would work on a shard that has fast skill gains like here. Even with my curiosity, I think that it would deter players from being reds as opposed to just providing a punishment. We definitely do not want a red-free shard.