Short and Long Term Murder Counts!!

Lexington

Grandmaster
There's no way any of those could be macro'd in an hour back in the day on OSI.

That said, It's curious how it would work on a shard that has fast skill gains like here. Even with my curiosity, I think that it would deter players from being reds as opposed to just providing a punishment. We definitely do not want a red-free shard.

It would work here the same way it did on OSI. The reds that died with 5 or more short term counts would macro of the counts as a ghost. There is no way someone would be dumb enough to rez and take the stat loss. The reds that died that had 4 or less short term counts would be free to rez and get back in the action. Even if a red did rez and take stat loss... it would take them at least a day maybe two to macro back to 7x GM. Either that or they would be fighting at a huge disadvantage. The benefit to this system is it allows the reds that don't go out and kill everyone in sight the ability to roll play the game as it was intended… be it faction, order/chaos, PVP or whatever. The only adjustment I would make to the original system is to reduce the stat loss short term count from 5 or more to 2 or more.

Changing this one thing would eliminate the need to have all the new conditions on faction champ spawns.

K A Z

Grandmaster
not sure how exactly OSI worked but I remember a max of -15% in each Skill. With how bugged Skills are right now anyways, I'd take that over 2 days statloss or 15k bounty anyday, anytime.

Lexington

Grandmaster
not sure how exactly OSI worked but I remember a max of -15% in each Skill. With how bugged Skills are right now anyways, I'd take that over 2 days statloss or 15k bounty anyday, anytime.

You adjust the level of stat loss % to match skill gain. So if skill gain is fast then perma stat loss would be high. You want the level of stat loss % to deter reds from rezing... basically forcing them to serve the penalty by macroing as a ghost.

It's not that complicated... the system worked and worked well for both sides.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
You adjust the level of stat loss % to match skill gain. So if skill gain is fast then perma stat loss would be high. You want the level of stat loss % to deter reds from rezing... basically forcing them to serve the penalty by macroing as a ghost.

Macroing counts as a ghost for days is def something I DO NOT miss, and will not do again.

K A Z

Grandmaster

I guess that the max cap would be somewhere around 35% skilloss. And that would only lead to more dex-PKs and less Mage-PKs. It's not like 80 Alchemy isnt a thing of 4 hours. You can easily built a 7x dexxer in under 8 hours with <40k gold used.

Messremb

Grandmaster
It would work here the same way it did on OSI. The reds that died with 5 or more short term counts would macro of the counts as a ghost. There is no way someone would be dumb enough to rez and take the stat loss. The reds that died that had 4 or less short term counts would be free to rez and get back in the action. Even if a red did rez and take stat loss... it would take them at least a day maybe two to macro back to 7x GM. Either that or they would be fighting at a huge disadvantage. The benefit to this system is it allows the reds that don't go out and kill everyone in sight the ability to roll play the game as it was intended… be it faction, order/chaos, PVP or whatever. The only adjustment I would make to the original system is to reduce the stat loss short term count from 5 or more to 2 or more.

Changing this one thing would eliminate the need to have all the new conditions on faction champ spawns.

i can make a finished Heal mage in 14 hours, i know i have done it. less if i have some guildies to help with MR.

there is no way someone is going to macro off counts if they can just make a whole new char in 14 hours...

Messremb

Grandmaster
I guess that the max cap would be somewhere around 35% skilloss. And that would only lead to more dex-PKs and less Mage-PKs. It's not like 80 Alchemy isnt a thing of 4 hours. You can easily built a 7x dexxer in under 8 hours with <40k gold used.
ya the only PVP skills that cost a fair amount of money and time are poisoning and inscription. any other build is under 24 hours and probably less than 20k

Lexington

Grandmaster
i can make a finished Heal mage in 14 hours, i know i have done it. less if i have some guildies to help with MR.

there is no way someone is going to macro off counts if they can just make a whole new char in 14 hours...

Well its a good gold sink for a player like you then isn't it :p

Lexington

Grandmaster
Hey, if you guys are happy with the way it is now great... but, that's not what I'm reading on the forms. There are easy tweaks, to this proven system, to make it work on UOF. Example: make skill gain harder for a red!!

K A Z

Grandmaster
i'll share a little secret: when this other Shard that peaked high and then failed horribly launched everyone cried and asked their staff to add UOF's PK System. That's how good and advanced it is.

Lexington

Grandmaster
i'll share a little secret: when this other Shard that peaked high and then failed horribly launched everyone cried and asked their staff to add UOF's PK System. That's how good and advanced it is.

The system here works to keep pking to a minimal for sure... but it does not allow for the non-serial killer type pk playing as intended. The long and short term system does both.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
When will people realize that they don't really want less red players? How many times does a shard have to peak then collapse after being trammelized. You may think you want less pks and want your gear to remain with you forever but .... here's a newsflash.... that is booooring and destroys every shard OSI included... enjoy the challenge, that is what keeps us playing.

Sent from Baja 1997

Lexington

Grandmaster

If it's that's good why are there hundreds of posts complaining about the current system... and why are the developers working so hard to find a way to incorporate red faction players. This system will allow the red faction players to keep playing as long as they keep there killing in check.

Vagingo

Neophyte
So you would rez take stat loss.... and macro resist, magery, poisoning, alchemy, scribe and so on in an hour?
here i would and it would take under an hour to gain 3 points in each skill prolly even with poisoning. on osi you wouldnt because skills were very hard to gain and you couldnt afk macro (most pvpers werent even 90 resist). the system didnt work well there because there were hardly any pks that went above 4 shorts. being red in uor osi meant waiting in bucs for someone to attack you followed by an hour of hugging server lines.

Lexington

Grandmaster
You can easily overcome the " I would macro my skills back" by making the skill/stat loss %50 and changing the skill gain while red next to impossible.