**Slayer Armor Revealed** Recipes Inside

Duck Face

Grandmaster
get one of each crystal shard from RDAs, use a 120 tinker to combine them all. you can use 2 of one type when you start it as well, this way you don't necessarily need one of each color.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
get one of each crystal shard from RDAs, use a 120 tinker to combine them all. you can use 2 of one type when you start it as well, this way you don't necessarily need one of each color.

I have no clue what any of this means... What's an RDA?

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Holy shit i have hundreds of runes to the point i stopped looting them. I had no idea i can make slayer armor without being a crafter. All i need access to is the bench.

Duck Face

Grandmaster

Its a randomly spawned mysterious gate you go into. They look like fire elementals. There is a bunch of hard mobs and a boss to defeat. I haven't done one in months and they have changed a lot, so someone else will have to give you the details on how they work now. I know they used to drop a bunch of glowing runes in there which are for crafting the slayer armor. Also used to get ancient hammer pieces from the boss, which is used for legendary crafting.

TyraeL!

Master

Random dungeon adventures. Essentially mini-champ spawns as they exist anymore. Point-based just like champ spawns are. I believe only one, maybe two powerscrolls MAX drop but depending on the RDA there's a chance for certain rares/unique items - ranging from title scrolls to legendary crafting item ingredients. Every mob in the RDA drops at least 1-2 glowing runes, as well as standard loot like gold and magics. Also in each RDA there is anywhere from 3 (least I've seen) to 8 (most I've ever seen) crystals. These can ONLY be mined, and they require 120 mining skill to do so. It is these crystals that are used to make crystal workbenches, which require 120 tinkering to make. There are 9 different colors/types of crystals and each workbench requires 1 of each. As far as the color of crystals that spawn, that's totally random.

I fancy myself a pretty good RDA'er and as a result take any chance I can get to get me some crystals to make additional workbenches, perhaps to sell at some point. As with some soon-to-be-reworked slayer armor (according to staff), I expect slayer armor and subsequently crystal workbenches will experience a bit of an influx in value

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Random dungeon adventures. Essentially mini-champ spawns as they exist anymore. Point-based just like champ spawns are. I believe only one, maybe two powerscrolls MAX drop but depending on the RDA there's a chance for certain rares/unique items - ranging from title scrolls to legendary crafting item ingredients. Every mob in the RDA drops at least 1-2 glowing runes, as well as standard loot like gold and magics. Also in each RDA there is anywhere from 3 (least I've seen) to 8 (most I've ever seen) crystals. These can ONLY be mined, and they require 120 mining skill to do so. It is these crystals that are used to make crystal workbenches, which require 120 tinkering to make. There are 9 different colors/types of crystals and each workbench requires 1 of each. As far as the color of crystals that spawn, that's totally random.

I fancy myself a pretty good RDA'er and as a result take any chance I can get to get me some crystals to make additional workbenches, perhaps to sell at some point. As with some soon-to-be-reworked slayer armor (according to staff), I expect slayer armor and subsequently crystal workbenches will experience a bit of an influx in value

Currently my crafter is 7x GM. Musicianship and instruments seem to be kind of lame and not sure if they're worth much, do you think I should drop this and concentrate on getting 120 Mining / BS / Tinkering on the char?

Duck Face

Grandmaster
120 mining you might want to put on a 5x mage. People get crazy about those crystals sometimes, so it helps to have some way to fight back. Also you can bring it to 115 and use the +5 gloves to mine the crystals.

Bromista

Grandmaster
120 mining you might want to put on a 5x mage. People get crazy about those crystals sometimes, so it helps to have some way to fight back. Also you can bring it to 115 and use the +5 gloves to mine the crystals.
Risk of losing gloves...they are worth more than a full pull of crystals from one RDA.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
so I just found one of those mysterious gates and get hit for 80 pts of damage the second I go in there from some unknown source. What am I supposed to do there?

TyraeL!

Master
@wil3ur

The best advice I can give you that you should REAALLLYYYY listen to is this:

Core crafting skills on your crafter is imperative - carpentry, blacksmithy, tinkering, tailoring, which pretty much covers most/if not all of the most important/sought after add-ons which is the whole point of having really anything coupled with carpentry. Anything else is purely personal preference.

I went with magery for the two add-ons (only need 75) and bowcraft to round out the weapon-making, which I don't regret. The 7th skill is up in the air but ultimately doesn't matter at all because being that I'm 4x 120, it'll only be 40 points worth of something/pointless.

So, my crafter is:
120 tailoring
120 blacksmithing
120 carpentry
120 tinkering
GM magery
GM bowcraft
40 whatever

What I absolutely suggest you NEVER do that so many have done and are currently doing (for no good particular reason) is throw mule skills on to your crafter, i.e. lumberjacking and mining. I can only imagine that people are doing this to consolidate skills as much as possible, or because they already have a legendary crafting skill on some other character for whatever reason. The LJ serves absolutely no purpose in terms of being a supplement to other skills apart from swordsmanship and really the ONLY advantage to having mining on the same character as blacksmithy is that you're able to immediately smelt anything and everything you create back into ingots. That is quite literally the only advantage and in my opinion not at all worth sacrificing a potential 120 skill slot. My miner is my lumberjacker, who is also a swordsman for defensive purposes, and both my mule and crafter are working out great.

As far as finding the RDA, you're shit out of luck unless you have several friends. RDAs used to be doable solo before they got reworked. But then again the rewards weren't worth most peoples' time. It's impossible to do by yourself, even if you manage to make it to the boss.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
@wil3ur

The best advice I can give you that you should REAALLLYYYY listen to is this:

Core crafting skills on your crafter is imperative - carpentry, blacksmithy, tinkering, tailoring, which pretty much covers most/if not all of the most important/sought after add-ons which is the whole point of having really anything coupled with carpentry. Anything else is purely personal preference.

I went with magery for the two add-ons (only need 75) and bowcraft to round out the weapon-making, which I don't regret. The 7th skill is up in the air but ultimately doesn't matter at all because being that I'm 4x 120, it'll only be 40 points worth of something/pointless.

So, my crafter is:
120 tailoring
120 blacksmithing
120 carpentry
120 tinkering
GM magery
GM bowcraft
40 whatever

What I absolutely suggest you NEVER do that so many have done and are currently doing (for no good particular reason) is throw mule skills on to your crafter, i.e. lumberjacking and mining. I can only imagine that people are doing this to consolidate skills as much as possible, or because they already have a legendary crafting skill on some other character for whatever reason. The LJ serves absolutely no purpose in terms of being a supplement to other skills apart from swordsmanship and really the ONLY advantage to having mining on the same character as blacksmithy is that you're able to immediately smelt anything and everything you create back into ingots. That is quite literally the only advantage and in my opinion not at all worth sacrificing a potential 120 skill slot. My miner is my lumberjacker, who is also a swordsman for defensive purposes, and both my mule and crafter are working out great.

As far as finding the RDA, you're shit out of luck unless you have several friends. RDAs used to be doable solo before they got reworked. But then again the rewards weren't worth most peoples' time. It's impossible to do by yourself, even if you manage to make it to the boss.
Having mining on my BS/Tinker was a great thing. I was able to mine and train and replenish all my tools for ages down in the orc cave. It made training simple, and I'd keep it if I'm going to have to get legendary in those skills.

My crafter is currently GM Alchemy, BS, Carp, Mine, Tailor, Tinker, Musician. Thinking about dropping music.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
Been screwing around with slayer armor and runes since you posted this. I can confirm Silver armor still doesn't work right. It wont kill you like other wrong rune combinations. It just never applies the slayer property. However, everything else works fine! Double slayer Ind/Invul Reptilian/Repond leather armor.