So I got a 10X Verite LBOD Today...

Bromista

Grandmaster
9vhg.jpg

Messremb

Grandmaster
This should have been fixed with the expansion :(
+1000000

There is nothing worse than getting that LBOD and you see that is a exceptional Color ore BOD then you realize.... Its a weapon LBOD.

But, at least your getting something better than the same old Iron\DC\Shadow Weapon\shield BODs im still getting. I swear I must have the worst luck with BODs. I haven't had a tier 5 Cloth Bod in over a month an a half, and 95% Weapon BODs for Smithing, and I get 4 of each a day. I'm starting to despair. :(

Longbeard

Apprentice
This is really kinda lame, you shouldnt even be getting bullshit like this considering there is no colored weapon bods or shouldnt be.
Can we get a blacksmith bod revamp, please ?
AT least with talioring you get the cloth and the sandals, lower level blacksmith bods are pretty much worthless.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Allegedly we just got a revamp. And I'll believe it too because the quality of BOD's I've gotten has gone up slightly.

Clearly they missed a spot...lol.

Bromista

Grandmaster
How would it be possible to make colored wep BOD's useful?

What if staff could "re-program" weapon deeds to be filled by colored weapons then added to the LBODs as that particular ore type?

I'm sure that's easier said than done without effecting other LBODs.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Anyways it would be nice to finally fine a purpose to blacksmithy. Weapons and armors aren't worth crafting because you'd make more money farming ettins than mining then crafting.

Blacksmithing is fun, it requires time, resources to raise, but then there's nothing. You say BODs are better now? I haven't notice any difference. I agree rare rewards should stay... well... rare, but it's just insane how at 115 I get the same shit over and over. Blacksmithy is my favorite skill in the game but right now there's just still no point to it.

Bromista

Grandmaster
gn7c.jpg

Not back to back with the Verite deed, there was an iron small weapon deed inbetween this and the other.

Come on fellas can we take a look at fixing this? Por favor?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I wouldn't say no point. I've gotten some nice rewards, really. Mining gloves, a nice anvil, a +10 ASH, not to mention you need up to 120 to craft all the rares and stuff with the legendary hammer. The two items you can make without recipes already take 105 BS so you know you're gonna need to scroll your BS pretty high for almost every item.

And even shitty smalls give you garg picks, prospectors tools, powder of fort. Really useful stuff.

If there's more interest in ASH's I might turn in a 20X DC LBOD I've got ready to go but have been too lazy to fill. Does anybody wanna buy the deeds and fill them or buy the ASH if I fill it?

And I'm pretty close to all the smalls for a +20 PS. I still hold a lot of value in my smalls if I don't buy/drop the large myself.

Messremb

Grandmaster
20 excep gold metal shields and 20 excep verite plate arms just now. As long as the weapons are kept from me I'm happy.

God I hate you. ;)

I have a 115 smith and a 85 smith, both are getting noting but 10-20 iron BODs. I have had 2 DC BODs and 1 shadow BOD since the expansion and 2 were shields and one helmet. Its BS, they need to take a closer look at it like they told us they would in the expansion.

Things I think they need to fix

1. Either remove color Weapon LBODs, or add Color Small Weapon BODs! Maybe add recipes for the legendary hammer as rewards for the Color Weapon LBODs?
2. Lower the chance for Iron BODs.
3. Lower the chance for Weapon, Shield, and helmet BODs.
4. do 2 and 3 first, and if they don't make things better increase the Colored ore BODs more.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I can agree to most of that Mess but I will notttt agree to more wep BODs even of they are colored! Too many wep deeds as is if we start getting colored weps we'd never see the end of them lol.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I can agree to most of that Mess but I will notttt agree to more wep BODs even of they are colored! Too many wep deeds as is if we start getting colored weps we'd never see the end of them lol.

ya fair point, hadn't thought about that. They should just remove the Large color Wep BODs then.

Bromista

Grandmaster
ya fair point, hadn't thought about that. They should just remove the Large color Wep BODs then.
Well yes and no. I like your idea actually. I hadn't really given a lot of thought about the potential awesomeness for having new rewards for filling these larges. Or existing rewards are fine too. Things related to imbuing/slayer armor would be cool but ore colored weapon deeds would do so much more.

Lot of directions we could go with this. Wep deeds are already plentiful so making them drop colored there would be plenty of opportunity to fill colored larges without changing much.

Then maybe I would be fine with the number of wep deeds I'm getting now. I'm 115 BS not 72.3 so if colored smalls and skill level were taken into account it could end up motivating more people to get out and mine more. That's considering allll you get at low skill are wep deeds that you can find tons of iron for at low skill and low budget and little incentive to raise mining.

So if you properly skill the color ore wep deed with the crafters skill the current number of weapon deeds at high skill would be just fine by me. Give em some sweet slayer rewards like the runes and shiz you need for recipes...even better.

How do you some of that stuff anyway?

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
Daily haul, a gold plate 15 excep LBOD.. giving a +30 ASH. Meeeh I dont know if its worth filling since people seem to have no interest in such hammers. I'll be start using mine from now on anyway when crafting dragonscale at least.