Solving the So-Called PK Crisis

lollo

Grandmaster
i did prefer when the damage was 20 and not possible to use with 2h weapons and i did prefer when the casting timer was slower... but the pvp manager choose it and now we have to adapt.

please don't go OT but give real solutions if you care about this server

What you fail to realize is that trammies will be happy only with trammel. That's why they call 'em trammies.

The points you suggested would do nothing, there would still be tears all over the place. People are just too entitled

steve-o

Grandmaster
What you fail to realize is that trammies will be happy only with trammel. That's why they call 'em trammies.

The points you suggested would do nothing, there would still be tears all over the place. People are just too entitled
how is gettin faction smaller being bad?
every red eqms is in faction so they can't be cut in town and by factioners, isn't this trammy?
how is forcing everyone go to minax a good thing? everyone has a minax guild to abuse the sigils....

lollo

Grandmaster
how is gettin faction smaller being bad?
every red eqms is in faction so they can't be cut in town and by factioners, isn't this trammy?
how is forcing everyone go to minax a good thing? everyone has a minax guild to abuse the sigils....

I'm not saying it's bad, i'm saying people would cry anyways. I'm 100% sure

Volco

Master
I feel like it's an issue that will never be resolved to be honest. Alot of the PvM only (or trammy) players simply don't have the right mindset.

I think really the best the server can do is just lessen the potency of the 'PK Crisis'.

Maybe something as simple as:
- Give some kind of Bounty Hunter tokens whenever you kill or turn in a red's head.

- Not allowing people to join a faction, if the faction is too large in comparison to the rest

- allowing players to cut faction corpses

- Gain a PVM buff if a blue kills a red. (This I think you could have some fun with).
To knock out a few birds with one stone. This could incorporate some of the ideas @tankian had on his post, as well as please all the fanboys of Egor.

After a blue turns in the head of a red player, gain a 1 hour buff. ' Essence of Egor'. +5 defense vs Monsters, +10% gold from monsters, +2% chance of getting an additional magic item from monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:

clutchxo

Grandmaster
i did prefer when the damage was 20 and not possible to use with 2h weapons and i did prefer when the casting timer was slower... but the pvp manager choose it and now we have to adapt.

please don't go OT but give real solutions if you care about this server

everyone in minax...
what you think will happen in kingdoms?

tard u are so full of shit...

8 pvp toon in a party and voice vs 20 blues pvm not in party or voice... who you think will win?

noone has even 6 members on and u go with 8 reds... wow good work you are the best!

OT:
Turn off red PVP. Everyone on this server is complaining about reds. Just abolish the "murderer" title overall and make only faction PVP a thing. Tram it the fuck up.

steve-o

Grandmaster
I feel like it's an issue that will never be resolved to be honest. Alot of the PvM only (or trammy) players simply don't have the right mindset.

I think really the best the server can do is just lessen the potency of the 'PK Crisis'.

Maybe something as simple as:
- Give some kind of Bounty Hunter tokens whenever you kill or turn in a red's head.
we have the valor board that was never finished... u should be able to use these points in some way...

i am 100% the only real person that after 2 year statted 500pks (just did it few days ago)... and i didn't even get the world first because someone surely macroed it loooong ago.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
we have the valor board that was never finished... u should be able to use these points in some way...

i am 100% the only real person that after 2 year statted 500pks (just did it few days ago)... and i didn't even get the world first because someone surely macroed it loooong ago.

A lot of good ideas are ruined because of exploitative tactics like that. However, murder points prevent macroing abuse although that system was never completed. The punkte score system works the same for factioners.

Vorax

Grandmaster

If you're talking about the Bounty Hunter title, pretty sure @Inflames was the server first, was him or someone else in the oooold @Deriz crew I'm pretty sure, they used to give me hell with insta statting until they finally got it.

steve-o

Grandmaster
If you're talking about the Bounty Hunter title, pretty sure @Inflames was the server first, was him or someone else in the oooold @Deriz crew I'm pretty sure, they used to give me hell with insta statting until they finally got it.
im the most pk killer there ever was if u look at the valor board and i always statted people
even before they reset the valor board i was always n.1 (cristina luv was n.2)

it's nearly impossible someone did it before me without macroing his own pks... do u know how many are 500 pks?

Vorax

Grandmaster
im the most pk killer there ever was if u look at the valor board and i always statted people
even before they reset the valor board i was always n.1 (cristina luv was n.2)

it's nearly impossible someone did it before me without macroing his own pks... do u know how many are 500 pks?
yea yea, don't start with the ego shit lmao, I stand by what I've said. OT as fuck, recommence chat about the pk crisis - AKA Blues being ego fiends.

lummox

Master
Problem won't be solved because the devs won't crack down on multiple account abuse. Give an incentive to kill pvp then those who are already abusing will have another thing to abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Problem won't be solved because the devs won't crack down on multiple account abuse. Give an incentive to kill pvp then those who are already abusing will have another thing to abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points. Don't you all think that a Punkte Score type system would help prevent exploits? Like I said in the original post, using a punkte score type system would mean that the amount of work a player achieves would directly impact the bonuses received. This could be used to prevent leechers from benefiting from the work of others.

Deriz

Grandmaster
@steve-o @Vorax

Vorax is correct, when I first started playing again me and @Inflames exclusively hunted reds, after 3-4 weeks I had 80-100 on multiple accounts (that got reset more than once) and inflames got the server first Bounty Hunter title. This wouldve been Nov/Dec 2014 that he got it.

He did not macro a single kill, and if you knew him at all you would know it is just something he would never do.

He also got his kills reset more than once, and still got it. Back then you could stat 10 reds in an hour sometimes. Now there is noone farming, and no pks running at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
@steve-o @Vorax

Vorax is correct, when I first started playing again me and @Inflames exclusively hunted reds, after 3-4 weeks I had 80-100 on multiple accounts (that got reset more than once) and inflames got the server first Bounty Hunter title. This wouldve been Nov/Dec 2014 that he got it.

He did not macro a single kill, and if you knew him at all you would know it is just something he would never do.

He also got his kills reset more than once, and still got it. Back then you could stat 10 reds in an hour sometimes. Now there is noone farming, and no pks running at all.

I think Bradley got one pretty early too.

Any thoughts on incentivizing PvP?

Deriz

Grandmaster
I think Bradley got one pretty early too.

Any thoughts on incentivizing PvP?

Bradley probably did, but Inflames was the first.

No thoughts on incentivizing PvP other than those I have stated previously

3v3-5v5 field fight tournys on a somewhat set schedule. with standings / prizes w.e I have posted about that many times and it always got flammed off the forums. Aside from that you will not see anyone trying to form a new group.

Shane has said he will not do tournys on a schedule though so people do not just log in solely for the tourny, I guess he would rather people not log in at all. Nevermind the fact that once crews are on things would happen after the matches.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Bradley probably did, but Inflames was the first.

No thoughts on incentivizing PvP other than those I have stated previously

3v3-5v5 field fight tournys on a somewhat set schedule. with standings / prizes w.e I have posted about that many times and it always got flammed off the forums. Aside from that you will not see anyone trying to form a new group.

Shane has said he will not do tournys on a schedule though so people do not just log in solely for the tourny, I guess he would rather people not log in at all. Nevermind the fact that once crews are on things would happen after the matches.

I'm all for the tourneys and stuff. There are a lot of players that love 7x, 5x, CTF, etc. Scoreboards for anything are cool in my book as long as exploitative macro'ing doesn't ruin it. I think the murder point system would solve it for the PK board.

I have one idea for a murder board revamp. Have one board for overall kills and another board for weekly kills. The board for weekly kills would be fun to watch. It would incentivize solo PK'ing and show who can stay alive long enough to really rack up the kills.

drasked

Grandmaster
If you like to solve the "pk crysis" give pvm chars better and more even grounds of fighting pvp chars instead of forcing a ton of people to do stuff they don't like by tying bonuses to it.

I think the problem is with the players and not the templates. Why not have a second account with a PVP char (or some friends) ready to port in if you get jumped?

Ever tried jumping $ in shame 5? Better GTFO fast because before you know it they turned the lvl 4 to lvl 5 teleporter in to a mini zoo.